100 Finds!

Heres mine from back in April. Be sure to scroll down to my DNF log of 3/19 for a special sighting. Congrats on getting there. icon_wink.gif

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

[This message was edited by wimseyguy on June 12, 2003 at 01:00 PM.]

I just logged 100 today too. Mine was pretty uneventful though. Congrats!

Mr. 0

"Remember that nature and the elements are neither your friend or your enemy - they are actually disinterested."

Department of the Army Field Manual FM 21-76 "Survival" Oct. 1970

quote:
Originally posted by Team GPSaxophone:

Does anyone else have a story for their 100th find?

Congrats!!! My kids and I just recently found our #100 and it was a boring, easy find of a micro. No exciting stories I'm afraid! Now we are at 105 and shooting for 200 by Christmas. Considering it took us over a year to get to 100, I'm not sure how reasonable that goal is, but we'll wait and see.

-------------------------------------

Becky Davis

San Jose, CA

Buy Tupperware for cache containers.

For our 100th find, we wanted to do "Frogs on a Mission," because I always leave little rubber frogs when I visit caches. Unfortunately, there was another cache between us and the frog cache (don't you hate when that happens?). Hawkeye couldn't bear the thought of walking right by it, and said we should log it as #100 instead. I grumbled, but agreed.

While walking toward the cache, we ran into a family with some kids and a GPS. They were very near the cache. With all the people milling about, it was kind of crowded, so after introducing ourselves, we decided to do a loop instead and hit Frogs on a Mission first. Yay! We found the cache, logged our #100, and turned back to hit the other cache on our return. It was missing! Guess the people caching with the kids were a little too conspicuous :/.

Not that thrilling an adventure, I'll grant, but it involved frogs and the mysterious disappearance of a cache within a half-hour time window. We're approaching #200 now, and don't have any particular caches in mind for it. I'm sure something will suggest itself icon_smile.gif.

Picked up our 100th a couple of weeks ago. The only special thing that happened on my 100th, was my girlfriend at the time was with me when I found my first one, and my wife (same lady) was with me for most of those 100 and was with me on my 100th +18 now.

I wouldn't trade her for the world. A city girl who loves getting back to nature. Especially when I let her run the GPSr.

RW Da Man!!!

CHS#1

Our 100th was about 10 days ago. It was in a cave near coos bay. The entrance of the cave was very difficult tofind because the vegetation was so thick. I slipped on the mud at one point. My 10 year old daughter got completely sppoked by the whole experience. We considered giving up but it seemed too bad to give up on #100, so we continued on, despite possible trauma to my daughter. WE found it. Daughter and I stayed out while husband and son went in. My son loved that cache - he thought it was his best ever.

On my first 100 caches I kept one item from each and put in a box. WHen I finally logged my 100th cache I took ALL those items and put them in a new cache (Hoard of Many Things the Return).

It was PACKED. In addition I put about 50 eurpoean coins (all dating from 1880 to 1920 (WWI Era) and put them in as a bonus.

It was my way of giving back to the local geocachers for all the great caches they provided.

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

"Never declare war on a man who buys his ink by the gallon."

quote:
You'll have to scroll down the logs, but my 100th find adventure is here.

I learned a lot about geocaching and myself that day

Wow Dru that is EXTREME caching! I'm glad you came out alright. I'll never question your gender again! icon_razz.gif

I think it was the 5th grade pic avatar, and then the hottiecachalottie label that had me confused before. icon_rolleyes.gif

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

quote:
Originally posted by Jolly B Good:

On my first 100 caches I kept one item from each and put in a box. WHen I finally logged my 100th cache I took ALL those items and put them in a new cache (Hoard of Many Things the Return).

It was PACKED. In addition I put about 50 eurpoean coins (all dating from 1880 to 1920 (WWI Era) and put them in as a bonus.

It was my way of giving back to the local geocachers for all the great caches they provided.

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

"Never declare war on a man who buys his ink by the gallon."

That's a great idea, very creative.

If trees could scream, would we still cut them down?

Well, maybe if they screamed all the time, for no reason.

Click here for my Geocaching pictures and Here (newest)