Old Timers

Hello, Ventura Kids! Nice to see you again.

I am still placing hamsters in caches, and tracking two as travel bugs. I will continue to do this until some newbie suggests that there ought to be a rule against leaving live animals in caches.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Some mornings, it just doesn't pay to chew through the leather straps. - Emo Phillips

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy:

Well, all these forum posts reminded me that I should be outside geocaching instead. I'm hoping after 3 years I will have over 100 caches found icon_rolleyes.gif

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

<giggle> How odd of you to post that icon_smile.gif...I was just thinking the other day, when does jeremy get to go on vacation? <giggle>

"The more I study nature, the more I am amazed at the Creator."

- Louis Pasteur

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

Jeremy, I would encourage you to push towards the magic 100 finds level. Then people like Mopar would respect your opinions in the forums. icon_biggrin.gif

Come on Lep! I don't respect my own opinion any more after 100 finds, why should I play favorites with some newbie that logs TB's twice?

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

Jeremy, I would encourage you to push towards the magic 100 finds level. Then people like Mopar would respect your opinions in the forums. icon_biggrin.gif

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Some mornings, it just doesn't pay to chew through the leather straps. - Emo Phillips

Come on Lep! I don't respect mine any more after 100 finds, why should I play favorites with some newbie that logs TB's twice?

+ _Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon. _

So, what you're saying is that I can't log Virtual Victor more than once?!?! Oops. icon_wink.gif

Brian

Team A.I.

quote:
Originally posted by logscaler:

Wow.

I guess I am an old timer myself now.

That brings me to the next question:

Is being an old timer a good thing or a bad thing?

logscaler.

Yes, it is....LOL.

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

21 December 2000

Yeah, back in the day, we had to walk six miles to a cache, uphill both ways, barefoot, with 12 feet of snow on the ground, but we were thankful.

"Wear a smile and have friends; wear a scowl and have wrinkles. What do we live for if not to make the world less difficult for each other?"--George Eliot

MnGCA-Button.gif

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

quote:
So is 2001 the Old timers cut off?

I'd say the cutoff is mid-September of of 2001

_"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry_

I really don't mind being a newbie in a sport where an "old timer" is less than two years. Kind of puts the newbie sniping thread in perspective LOL icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by geopug:

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

quote:
So is 2001 the Old timers cut off?

I'd say the cutoff is mid-September of of 2001

_"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry_

I really don't mind being a newbie in a sport where an "old timer" is less than two years. Kind of puts the newbie sniping thread in perspective LOL icon_wink.gif

Hehehe, yup, it sure does..... good observation, and even better attitude. It ALWAYS helps to have a sense of humor...

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy:

Well, all these forum posts reminded me that I should be outside geocaching instead. I'm hoping after 3 years I will have over 100 caches found icon_rolleyes.gif

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

If you want to go for a special 100th find...let me know. Me and my Evil Horde are known to put together some memberable 100th finds. It also entitles you to a special beer mug and and commemorative hiking staff! That is of course if you survive the hunt. icon_biggrin.gif

I don't know how to post a link, but check out...."The Centennial Celebration" and "Hell is Just Ahead."

El Diablo

Everything you do in life...will impact someone,for better or for worse.

http://www.geo-hikingstick.com

Hey! Guess that I rank in there with the caching codgers! My game has been a bit off due to family relocation......

NOw I enjoy caching and clearing my own property...must be the pioneer woman in me icon_smile.gif

Speaking of pioneer...I havn't done a signature quilt in a long time...imagine a warm blankey signed by a slew of dashing cachers to take the edge off those aching codger bones!

"Have you no news on your travels?" the Book of fairy & folk tales of Ireland (1888)

I swore that I'd never post a reply on the "General Geocaching" forum a few months back. I said so in "I quit" and got flambede, I got tired of the whining and same-old-same-old.

I was showing the game to an Eastern European girl when I saw this thread. I keep most of my finds with a different name/number, that should kill the flames. I still use this account for benchmarks, talking to New England and miss the fun of the other old-timers. <big wave>

Cache On ! CCC