Win a Hiking Staff for Charity

El Diablo

Just sent $20 for the game via paypal.com.

El Diablo, did you ever think you would raise this much money? Do you have a goal? You raised almost a grand in less than a month. Think we can make it 2 grand by Dec. 1st?

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Because now I am Lost.

How's this. Since the great majority don't read these forums, everytime I find a cache I'm going to referance this thread by leaving a note. We need more people involved.

Here, you can save this and print a few out to stick in caches.

8bede711-93d3-485d-828b-0f279b85362d.jpg

Because now I am Lost.

[This message was edited by J&MBella on November 03, 2003 at 08:25 PM.]

I sent in my Paypal contribution for $5, felt good about myself, and then read the entire thread. So I am now off to send another $20. Not much, but more is better!

I also checked my Delta SkyMiles account and donated 25,000 miles to Make a Wish.

Cheers!

OzGuff

P.S. I now feel even gooder about myself!

quote:
Originally posted by J&MBella:

Just sent $20 for the game via paypal.com.

El Diablo, did you ever think you would raise this much money? Do you have a goal? You raised almost a grand in less than a month. Think we can make it 2 grand by Dec. 1st?

Because now I am Lost.

The only goal I have is to raise as much as possible. I think the Geocaching community has been very generous. This includes the people that have donated, others that have help spread the word by posting on their sites. Also a big thanks to Groundspeak admin for allowing it to take place.

Can we get to 2 grand? That would be really awesome. We'll have to wait and see.

El Diablo

Everything you do in life...will impact someone,for better or for worse.

http://www.geo-hikingstick.com

We are up to 940.00 the grand is looking very likely. icon_biggrin.gif

BTW Spzzmoose...my grandaughter just got back from her make a wish trip and was all excited. I asked her your question about Goofy, and she said he was both a man and a dog.

It seems that when kids go to Disney through "Make A Wish" they are given a button to wear. This button is regonized by all the park employees and they go out of their way to make the kids experince the greatest. The kids don't have to wait in line to get on a ride or to meet the characters. It sounded as though Disney really made this special!!

If your interested you can go to her home page and see some of the pics. Jackies home page

El Diablo

Everything you do in life...will impact someone,for better or for worse.

http://www.geo-hikingstick.com

quote:
Originally posted by El Diablo:

We are up to 940.00 the grand is looking very likely. icon_biggrin.gif

YEAH, baby! Those are quickly becoming some impressive numbers! Way to go, all who have contributed thus far. Those who haven't, what'cha waiting for? Yours could be the one to cross the grand mark!

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

Originally posted by J&MBella:

OzGuff. Nice avitar. I don't know weather to be flattered or a little freaked out. [uNQUOTE]

More flattered than freaked out. When I saw your Halloween party photos I smiled at Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum, was impressed by Trinity, and about wet my pants at Tweedle-Dum as Trinity!

OK guys and gals, the winning tickets have just been entered. Thank you all for playing.

Just kidding, ED, thanks again for a wonderful idea. Might want to consider this an annual affair, an internet-a-thon for the Make a Wish.

We, the McMinnville Jaycees, are getting ready for our holiday giving. On Thanksgiving Thursday we will be assisting our local chapter of the Salvation Army deliver meals to those that are unable to attend the free turkey dinner, on December 11, we will be hosting a direct up-link to the North Pole and adopting a family for Christmas.

For all those that give of their time and resources around this time and any other time, THANK YOU!!!

Hola, Amigos!

I'm back from Mexico! And I've just fired off a check for 200 pesos, that's $20, for the football bet I lost.

Did I hear someone offering to take the Vikes over Detroit for twenty? I'll take that action. Not that it's a good bet, but I'm a Joey Harrington fan. At least the Make-a-Wish kids will benefit from my foolishness! :P

:D  :D  :)WOOHOO!! :D  :)  :D

Did you get my winning entry?

This is great, even taking off the retail cost of the stick, the Make a Wish is still netting around 1K. Maybe would should send a link to this thread to the powers that make the regulations for the National Parks?

Edited by Cooter13
:D  :D  :)WOOHOO!! :D  :)  :D

Did you get my winning entry?

This is great, even taking off the retail cost of the stick, the Make a Wish is still netting around 1K. Maybe would should send a link to this thread to the powers that make the regulations for the National Parks?

There is no retail cost of the staff. Every penny donated will go to Make A Wish Foundation.

El diablo

Welcome Home mi amigo. 

Yep that was me.  $20 on Vikings, your on.

How was your trip?

It's true. I'm back! And the trip was GREAT! :)

A week ago today I was floating in the ocean. The temperature was in the 80's. I had a great lunch of seafood that had been caught less than 12 hours earlier. I took a nap in a hammock after lunch. :D

Two days later I was back in Oregon standing out next to the highway in the snow trying to fix problems on a construction project. Then I went to lunch at Taco Bell. And when I got back to the office and tried to take a siesta in the afternoon the boss wouldn't hear of it! :)

What a traumatic experience! ;)

Anyway, back to the important stuff. Joey and the Lions let me down on Sunday so I have another check for $20 on it's way to El Diablo. Luckily, I hedged my bet with a friend at work who spotted me 10.5 points. Yeah, I know. I cut it a little close...

el Diablo,

Devil or no... I say again: this is a GREAT thing you're doing.  Thanks again -- and Happy Thanksgiving!

I will raise a toast to the man that made this possible. I am giving thanks to all that have contributed and thanks to (insert favorite Deity here) for El Diablo for contributing to the sport and to children, who do not deserve, this foundation.

We have 4 days left. Correction, I have 4 days left until I am notified that I am the winner.

El Diablo, will you accept snail mail postmarked by November 30, 2003 or do you want the green by the 30th? :(