Win a Hiking Staff for Charity

El Diablo

quote:
Originally posted by Pobre Rico:

I guess they know a good thing when they see it!

I agree... it's for a good thing, why stop it now?!?

And besides, how will I know I won otherwise? icon_wink.gif

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

quote:
Originally posted by Team Kaz:

El Diablo, I am planning to introduce caching to my youth group. I have seen the avitar contests, but my avitar is my favorite thing, my family which is exciting to me, but not many others! Do you ever donate a stick to something like that, a youth group?

I try to donate as much as possible. It's like that saying that the rich and famous like to use..."I try to give back to the community." Well...I'm niether rich or famous, but I try to help out. My only concern is that this is a youth group that is being introduced to caching. They may or may not take an interest in it. I would hate to spend the time creating a hiking staff that wasn't appreciated nor wanted.

Send me an email and we can discuss it.

El Diablo

Everything you do in life...will impact someone,for better or for worse.

http://www.geo-hikingstick.com

quote:
Originally posted by pstar:

Anyway to donate United frequent flyer miles to this cause so that more family can go on the trip?

"Yesterday has been and gone. Tomorrow will I find the sun or will it rain?" -Ozzy

That is a great offer!! Follow the link that Pobre rico posted. If you donate I will put you down for 5 tickets for the hiking staff.

We are up to 535.00 now, so we are not finished yet. icon_biggrin.gif

El Diablo

Thanks for the link, Pobre.

1 round-trip ticket donated. Now I don't have to go anywhere with the wife! (kidding of course) "Coming, Honey!"

Thanks for the extra chances to win a coveted staff, El Diablo.

"Yesterday has been and gone. Tomorrow will I find the sun or will it rain?" -Ozzy

El Devil,

The second check is on its way! Sorry for the delay, had a crisis at work and it occupied my time. Anyway, if the moose say's the checks in the mail, then the check's in the mail! My track record will speak for it's self. You can add fifty to the total even before you get it! Say HI to Jackie!!! icon_smile.gif

Boy, I hope I win this staff!! I want Goofy and Jackie carved at the top!

Moose

quote:
Originally posted by El Diablo:

600.00 Let's keep it going.

That's $600 AND the round-trip airfare from pstar! Might I suggest giving pstar a few more entries? That round-trip ticket's gotta be worth a couple hundred bucks!

Just a thought...

~~~In my world, nothing ever goes wrong!~~~

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by El Diablo:

600.00 Let's keep it going.

That's $600 AND the round-trip airfare from pstar! Might I suggest giving pstar a few more entries? That round-trip ticket's gotta be worth a couple hundred bucks!

Just a thought...

If you read up I did give him 5 more tickets.

El Diablo

Thanks, Pobre and El D. 5 tix are good. It only takes one to win. Plus, there is no way to prove that I actually donated the miles until I get my next statement and I don't want to take away from those donating hard, cold cash.

Pobre, nice hats, btw. It would be more impressive if you switched them around!

Thanks for the Bump! I didn't see this before.

I'll be happy to donate in memory of two good friends of mine. Heather Johnson lost a brave fight with Osteogenic Sarcoma 7 years ago. She was 10 years old and remains the most amazing human I've ever known. She experienced amputation at the hip and a double thorocotomy and still entertained publically whenever her health allowed. She was a talented singer. I still miss her. She was my best friend's daughter.

Also, Gabrielle Thompson, who we lost four years ago to neuroblastoma after a three year remission. She was 7.

Both these wonderful girls received wishes from the Make a Wish foundation. They both went to Disney and Heather even got to be on the set of Home Improvement. She met Jonathon Taylor Thomas (who she had a big crush on) and she saw Wilson's uncovered face!

Thanks El Diablo. I'll send my check today. You've given more than a hiking staff today. You gave me the opportunity to pause and remember two little girls who touched my life and to do something in their memory.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.

quote:
Originally posted by jarja_grl:

Thanks for the Bump! I didn't see this before.

Thanks El Diablo. I'll send my check today. You've given more than a hiking staff today. You gave me the opportunity to pause and remember two little girls who touched my life and to do something in their memory.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.

And you have given more than 100 of my staffs could have given. You have given the true meaning behind this raffle. Thank you for sharing.

El Diablo

Anyone care to wager on any football games this Sunday? I'll take Jets over Giant. $20 to El D if Giants win, anyone in. I'll only do this if someone takes the other side this way Make-a-wish gets paid either way.

I'll also take Green Bay over Minnesota for $20.

C'mon, there's 14 games this weekend if we bet on all of them it will raise another $280!

Got to: nfl.com for the schedule.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Because now I am Lost.

quote:
Originally posted by J&MBella:

Anyone care to wager on any football games this Sunday? I'll take Jets over Giant. $20 to El D if Giants win, anyone in. I'll only do this if someone takes the other side this way Make-a-wish gets paid either way.

I'll also take Green Bay over Minnesota for $20.

Not Fair! Yer takin' advantage of a guy who's a sucker for helpin' kids and puttin' a buck or two on the ball games.

I'll take the Giants for $20 and the Vikings for another $20...

And, Diablo, if I should lose either bet, don't panic if you don't hear from me right away. I'm good for the bucks. But, I'll be sittin' under a palm tree in Mexico for 2 weeks startin' on Sunday! Hehehehe....

Donde esta mi cerveza?

quote:

And, Diablo, if I should lose either bet, don't panic if you don't hear from me right away. I'm good for the bucks. But, I'll be sittin' under a palm tree in Mexico for 2 weeks startin' on Sunday! Hehehehe....

Donde esta mi cerveza?

I won't worry mi amigo. Enjoy your vacation...and for goodness sakes please keep those sombreros handy! We don't want you scaring the natives while under that palm tree. icon_biggrin.gif

El Diablo