Win a Hiking Staff for Charity

El Diablo

El Diablo strongly suggested that I donate to this very worthy cause and of course I agreed! (Actually he threatened to fire me if I didn't!!! icon_rolleyes.gif ) Since he is the boss I told him to count me in for the donation, but I am going to pass on the drawing since I already own two of his wonderful hiking staffs.

"You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder"

Last night I was all ready to send a check for $58 to celebrate the Cubs first trip to the World Series in 58 years. Then came Florida's 8-run inning... icon_mad.gif

So, I decided to wait 'til tonight to make my donation to coincide with the Cubs' victory. icon_cool.gif But, alas, the curse of the goat prevailed! icon_mad.gif

Well, as I've said over and over and over and over and over again. JUST WAIT 'TIL NEXT YEAR!

So, my check is in the mail for $60! That's to celebrate Chicago's first trip to the World Series in 59 years in 2004! ...with an extra buck just in case it takes them another year... icon_wink.gif

Go, Cubs!

~~~In my world, nothing ever goes wrong!~~~

quote:
Originally posted by MizzButterfly:

El Diablo _strongly_ suggested that I donate to this very worthy cause and of course I agreed! (Actually he threatened to fire me if I didn't!!! icon_rolleyes.gif ) Since he is the boss I told him to count me in for the donation, but I am going to pass on the drawing since I already own two of his wonderful hiking staffs.

"You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder"

Thank you sweetheart. icon_smile.gif Just for that I'm going to give you that raise you been harping about, but only if you see this post. icon_biggrin.gif

El Diablo

p.s don't anyone be sending her any emails telling her about this either!

Everything you do in life...will impact someone,for better or for worse.

http://www.geo-hikingstick.com

Sorry about them Cubs. I would have loved to see a Yankees vs. Cubs WS. That's asuming the 'Curse of the Babino' is still in effect. I'm willing to bet that the Red Sox can't win 2 games in a row at Yankee Stadium. And to keep this post on topic, I'll buy 20 more chances if they do. That's another $100 if the Red Sox beat the Yankees tonight.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Because now I am Lost.

Bump!!!

Hey, Bella! At the time of this posting (4th inning), Boston is ahead 4-0!

Boston Win=$$$$$ for Make a Wish! icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
...that's an old pic. It was taken before my horns and tail grew.

El Diablo, let's see a new one. Maybe something with MizzButterfly in it.

bad_boy_a.gif

==============="If it feels good...do it"================

**(the other 9 out of 10 voices in my head say: "Don't do it.")**

quote:
Originally posted by J&MBella:

Did I say the Red Sox can't beat the Yankees, I meant the Yankees can't beat the Red Sox.... icon_razz.gif

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Because now I am Lost.

Great...Now we have you no matter which way the game turns out! icon_biggrin.gif

BTW we are up to 285.00 now.

El Diablo

quote:
Originally posted by sept1c_tank:

__Bump!!_!_

Hey, Bella! At the time of this posting (4th inning), Boston is ahead 4-0!

Boston Win=$$$$$ for Make a Wish! icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
...that's an old pic. It was taken before my horns and tail grew.

El Diablo, let's see a new one. Maybe something with MizzButterfly in it.

No way my friend!! If I posted a pic of her she would kill me. Or worse quit on me.

If you noticed..she said she had 2 of my hiking staffs. The 1st one was a gift when she worked with me in VA. for a different company. The 2nd, was a bribe to get her to move to NC to work with me again.

El Diablo

quote:
Originally posted by El Diablo:

No way my friend!! If I posted a pic of her she would kill me. Or worse quit on me.

Bump icon_biggrin.gif

If you posted her pic I bet she could find a use for that second hiking staff; knock you over the head with it icon_wink.gif

Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them. The rest go geocaching.

quote:
I'll buy 20 more chances if they do. That's another $100 if the Red Sox beat the Yankees tonight.

Well, I can't afford to add another $100. But, I tell you what. If the Yanks beat the Sox I'll kick in an extra $40 to make my total $100.

At this time it's 5-5 going into the 10th.

What a series! And to think those guys have no idea the importance of this series. They think it's only about getting to the World Series. It so much more important than that. It's about little kids' dreams coming true! icon_biggrin.gif

Go, Sox!

~~~In my world, nothing ever goes wrong!~~~

Way OT...

If the Cubs can't be in the series, then the Sox shouldn't be either. Go get 'em Yanks.

Could we bribe the Cubs and Soxs to play a consolation round of World Series. The World Cup does it?

See the happy moron

He doesn't give a da**

I wish I were a moron

My God, perhaps I am

Author Unknown

quote:
Originally posted by sept1c_tank:

OK...This probably blows my chance at winning the staff, but here it is:

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/59569_1000.JPG

_MizzButterfly _

Please don't hit me with one of those staffs! icon_eek.gif

http://www.keenpeople.com/components/mystats.php?userid=sept1c_tank&vopt=user&txtdata=Who%20Cares?&bgcol=ffcc99&fgcol=003300 bad_boy_a.gif

===============_"If it feels good...do it"_================

**_(the other 9 out of 10 voices in my head say: "Don't do it.")_**

sept1c,

Me thinks that I am going to use not just one but both of my hiking staffs to whomp up on you icon_wink.gif. And then again I may want to enter the drawing so if I win I can whomp you again and say that it is in the name of charity! No, but really no harm done, but just remember to look over your shoulder every now and then! icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Doc-Dean:

I think I am not alone in saying that I would PAY to watch you WHOMP UP ON sept1c.

Now that would be charity! icon_biggrin.gif

Joefrog is in line for tickets to THAT event!

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

ROFLMAO Doc!!!

I tried to tell you sept1c_tank. icon_rolleyes.gif

Well the good news is... we are up to 315.00

The bad news is... we need more people involved in this.

The good news is...the public flogging of Sept1c_tank may raise more money than my hiking staff. icon_wink.gif

El Diablo

quote:
Originally posted by El Diablo:

The good news is...the public flogging of Sept1c_tank may raise more money than my hiking staff. icon_wink.gif

El Diablo

Well, what can I say..... anything for charity! icon_wink.gif

P.S. I am still laughing at that one Doc ! icon_biggrin.gif

No Problemo El Satan!

You’re more than welcome. How is Jackie doing? How about an update?

What is her favorite character at DW? Mine is Goofy. I'm sort of in a quandary about him thou...He looks like a dog (has the ears and snout) but he wears a hat, talks and drives a car. Is he a dog or a human? Pluto, on the other hand (to the best of my knowledge) has never spoke, drove a car and generally never wears hats! What's up with that? icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

Jackie, Help me out! Please quell the Goofy question once and for all! I know that you’re "tight" with them and they will answer any question's you might have. Will you please ask this question for me?

Thank You Sweetheart,

Spzzmoose

LMAO sept1c_tank, but hey...you brought it on yourself. icon_wink.gif

Breaktrack I got your check today. Wow!! icon_biggrin.gif Thank you so much! My wife went and got the mail today and came in and said "you got a letter from the Houston S.O" I told her I hadn't been there in 12 years...so whatever I had done, the statue of limitations was up! icon_cool.gif

Spzzmoose, As to your question about my grandaughter Jackie. She has been having a rough time of it lately. She has just gotten out of the hospital for the umptenth time, and is looking forward to next week when she will recieve her wish. Her trip to Disney will be part of her 8th birthday. I will pass on the question about Goofey to her. Thanks for asking about her.

We are now up to 425.00 and I'm still expecting checks. You guys are great! We need to get the word outside of the fourms. If you belong to a caching organization pass them the word. MiGO has it on their fron page (Thanks so much guys.). You might even post a link from your exsisting caches. Email friends...cachers and non cachers. I would love to make this a 1000.00 staff.

I also wanted to say thanks to sept1c_tank. His pledge made Breaktrack want to out do him. icon_biggrin.gif

El Diablo

Just passin' thru to bump it up a bit. Hey sept1c you can come out of hiding now, I have decided not to flog you icon_biggrin.gif , although it seems as if everyone would have enjoyed watching!

Well friends we are now up to 450.00. If the pledges that have been made come through we will be well over 500.00 icon_biggrin.gif

This raffle has now been cross posted to many other websites and I see no reason to keep it active here on the fourms. Therefore I'm going to request that it be closed.

Groundspeak has been kind enough to let it run its course, for which I'm very thankful. icon_smile.gif I've put them in a spot that I really shouldn't have. You can imagine if everyone wanted to do something for chairity here...the first 50 threads would be just for that, and this isn't what these fourms are intended for.

Thanks again for your support and for bumping this to the top to keep it in the limelight. Your donations will go a long way to bring a little light in childs life. Keep spreading the word. I'll anounce the winner December 1st.

El Diablo