How should this be logged?

GW went looking for a cache (of WMD) in Iraq. The French cacher and the Russian cacher said, "Don't waste your time on this, George. At least do some more research before you go looking." The British cacher said "I'll go on cache hunts with George anytime." GW hasn't found the cache. He should:

-- I found it in the last place I looked.

Since the French cacher, the British cacher, the Russian cacher, the "united nations of cachers" and cacher Bill, (the guy who got George into caching) all agreed at one point that the cache was there, then George should keep looking.

The issue was not whether the cache was there, but when they should start looking for it.

BTW, the cache owner had a veeeery long time to hide it and a lot of money to do it (and apparently some help from the French cacher). So this is a 5 star hunt and also way the F off topic.

"Au pays des aveugles, les borgnes sont rois"

Is it possible he violated the rules by burying the cache, strictly against geocaching rules? After all, that has been asserted by George in his quest for the WMD (large) cache. Shouldn't the admins then archive it for potential breach of rules? Or should we just contact a rogue land steward (we have one in AZ you can borrow), to seek out the cache, claiming it to be on state trust land and confiscating the cache container(s)?

Brian

Team A.I.

It sounds to me like this is a traveling cache, which are now against the guidelines. This one is probably grandfathered, though. I guess we just have to wait for the last finder to post updated coordinates. I'm guessing it'll probably turn up somewhere around N 35° 00.000', E 38° 30.000'.

icon_geocachingwa.gif

This cache has a difficulty of 5. My experience with caches this hard to find is that you tear up everthing in your path so that there is no place left to hide.

When you are done the cache needs to be archived. Now if only the French and Russions gave out the hint when it was needed all the trouble could of been saved.

=====================

Wherever you go there you are.

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

BTW, the cache owner had a veeeery long time to hide it and a lot of money to do it (and apparently some help from the French cacher).

And from GW's caching community too.

- I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory. -

quote:
Originally posted by Moun10Bike:

It sounds to me like this is a traveling cache, which are now against the guidelines. This one is probably grandfathered, though. I guess we just have to wait for the last finder to post updated coordinates. I'm guessing it'll probably turn up somewhere around N 35° 00.000', E 38° 30.000'.

http://geocachingwa.org

Or maybe it went back from whence it came, somewhere around N 48° 53.000', E 2° 26.000.

quote:
Originally posted by Bull Moose:

quote:
Originally posted by Jacksons:

I wonder if Goldguru is French-Canadian?

No, it looks like he's from BC. Maybe Vancouver Island, which is awfully hippie-lefty.

Steady on there Moose; there are a lot more conservatives living on this island than you think!

quote:
Originally posted by Marky:

quote:

Maybe Vancouver Island, which is awfully hippie-lefty.

This is a good thing, yes? icon_biggrin.gif

--Marky

Nah. I like to contribute to society rather than sit around and complain about what's wrong with it.

Like Cartmen said: "Hippies. They want to save the world but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad."

quote:
Originally posted by tirediron:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Jacksons:

I wonder if Goldguru is French-Canadian?

No, it looks like he's from BC. Maybe Vancouver Island, which is awfully hippie-lefty.

Steady on there Moose; there are a lot more conservatives living on this island than you think!

Glad to hear it. I've found that about the Seattle area. It sounds like a left wing area, but that's because of all the shouting being done while the rest of us are at work.

quote:
Originally posted by sept1c_tank:

Voted #1. GW should face up to the the embarrasing truth and then resign from geocaching permanently. (Not convinced he was ever really invited in the first place.)

You don't invite people to find your cache. Posting the fact that it is hidden is an invitation to all interested parties to find it.