TV SPOT IN ST. LOUIS

Guest Prime_Meridian

Guest Prime_Meridian

Apparently the local WB affiliate in St. Louis did a segment on Geocaching on Wednesday night... they said they went out with a team of geocachers and had some fun. Anyone know who they went out with or what caches they visited?

I had to work and I missed the spot...

Guest Big Jimmy

I went with Melanie Moon yesterday afternoon (8/8) to visit the Chubb Cache in Lone Elk County Park. We had a great time doing it. We were able to follow the trail for the most part, dodging spiderwebs that seemed to be everywhere. It was pretty hot out, but thank goodness the mud and bugs that plagued earlier adventurers weren't there.

I chose the Chubb Cache for 3 reasons: 1) I had never been there before, so it was new to all of us; 2) The descriptions made it sound like a typical cache; and 3) It seemed to be in a fairly generic area, so there were no landmarks for the cameras to capture that might act as spoilers for future seekers.

But yes, a great time was had by all. We even saw a couple fawns in the forest. Hopefully the spot will get even more people interested in the St. Louis area.

Big Jimmy

Guest Big Jimmy

I personally don't know of any organized geocaching groups in St. Louis. You might check the Midwest/Missouri Geocaching forum, as you might find some more information there.