Forum "I quit" Notes made easy.

quote:
Originally posted by Spzzmoose:

quote:
Originally posted by solohiker:

My personal favorite...

[] It is only a matter of hours before they ban me. I may as well strike the first blow.

Oops... I am still here.

That's funny sh*t Solo! Good to see you have a sense of humor. icon_biggrin.gif

I don't take myself too seriously.

Unfortunately neither does anyone else.

quote:

Groundspeak has deleted my full face photo from my profile.

I received an email from Hydee indicating that my full face photo was considered offensive.

I have appealed to Hydee to reconsider groundspeaks decision.

I'm glad that I saved a copy of it. I thought it was funny and original. That's really too bad.

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Sacred cows make the best hamburger....Mark Twain.

Changes in italic...

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

I [state your moniker here] no longer wish to give gc.com my hard earned money

After [check the traumatic life altering event below]

[ ] My cache was denied.

[ ] I was flamed in the forums.

[ ] I got an email.

[ ] Saw a light path near a cache.

[ ] I found a lame cache.

[ ] Realized fair trades means me.

[ ] My ‘big uns’ signature item was ruled not family friendly.

[ ] Jeremy banned someone from the site because he didn't like what he said. Apparently without refund.

I have come to the conclusion that. [check your conclusion below]

[ ] The admins suck

[ ] Geocaching.com sucks

[ ] The forum regulars suck

[ ] All threads that start with Woo Hoo suck.

[ ] Jeremy sucks and doesn't know how to take a little constructive criticism.

[ ] Everybody but me sucks.

Because of this [check your reason for resentment below]

[ ] Blatant disrespect for my sensitive nature.

[ ] Utter lack of bowing and groveling at my feet.

[ ] Lack of acknowledgment that my new idea is better.

[ ] Display of online attention directed at me.

[ ]Bit of heavyhanded critic squashing

I no longer feel the need to give money to them. As far as my caches go you can [select final cache disposition]

[ ] Archive them and make them into cache litter.

[ ] Adopt them to people who care.

[ ] Divide them up like the bickering slobs that you are.

[ ] Let me list them on another site.

[ ] Stuff them where the sun don’t shine.

[ ]Hunt away. They are still there and will stay listed.

As a final note just let me say that. [choose your parting shot from those provided below]

[ ] This has been the worst experience of my life.

[ ] It’s been really fun and I’m not sure why I’m going but it’s something I must to do be true to myself.

[ ] That will teach you, you rat bastards.

[ ] I’m not going to tell you the story why I left even thought I made this big long suicide note for the forums.

[ ] You can kiss my a__.

Signed [insert your moniker here]

Better...

Now I wonder if Jeremy will ban me from the site as he has Grajek. You do realize that Jeremy did that right? Apparently because Grajek thought it a good idea to post the guidelines, whatever they are, to the guidelines page. How scandalous!

Tony

--

Not Necessarily Interesting News

quote:
Originally posted by Team Bohica:

Now I wonder if Jeremy will ban me from the site as he has Grajek. You do realize that Jeremy did that right? Apparently because Grajek thought it a good idea to post the guidelines, whatever they are, to the guidelines page. How scandalous!

Tony

--

http://nnin.net

I see alot of people jumping on a bandwagon, but I've yet to understand where it's headed. I think it's good that Grajek's local friends are supporting him. I'm just not convinced that he has been banned. All I can say is, "Don't mess with Texas."

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Sacred cows make the best hamburger....Mark Twain.

quote:

Tony

--

http://nnin.net

Tony,

You do realize you are completely incorrect. Grajek has not been banned. Now if this is your forum suicide note and you would like your account disabled I can handle that for you. Send the request to contact@Groundspeak.com. But as for Grajek, I am working with him to fix his log in error.

Grajek,

Timing sucked on this one. As I told you in email you are not banned. Thanks for the understanding.

frog.gif hydee frog.gif

I work for the frog

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by 9Key:

I tried to tell you Austin guys on the Yahoo group that we was _not_ banned. Apparently someone didn't believe me.

Then why is he able to use other logins to post but when he logs in as 'Grajek' he gets pretty SQL errors?

--

[url=http://nnin.net

]

SQL errors indicates a corrupted database entry of some sort. A Banned or Disabled Account would receive an Incorrect Login prompt.

Cheers!

TL

quote:
Then why is he able to use other logins to post but when he logs in as 'Grajek' he gets pretty SQL errors?

Sheesh! Hydee and 9key have stated that they're trying to figure out what the problem is. It appears that you're calling them liars.

I'm not sure what your relationship with Grajek is, but it seems that you're a bit more than another forum member looking out for his interests.

I just want to echo Brian and the admins who posted. He isn't banned! From some of the flames I have seen on here, nobody would be banned for posts like his unless they did something else unseen and more extreme! E.g. I hardly ever cause issues, but I can think of a post or two of mine that would have had me banned if that was the criteria! Also, one of the admin posts made it sound like they had been in contact with him and he understood. So, no worries. It must just be some wierd computer thing with bad timing! icon_smile.gif

pokeanim3.gif

Oh Oh, if SQL errors mean you've been banned, I won't ever be able to fly Delta again. I was just trying to book a flight, and kept getting a page that said SQL error. along with a bunch of meaningless to me data every time I tried to log in.

Maybe they heard I was going to try and sneak a GPS, and maybe even a travel bug to Europe...........

I love it!!!

And, I love the comment about women. I say, let's show them the real definition of a real woman - get out there and cache. Oh by the way women, just in case you need a great excuse, you do burn a lot of calories while caching.

I think that something should be added like:

[] I totally hate virtuals and no one will listen to my b*tching and griping about them.

"Nice find! I must go tell Harry, Ron and Hermione."

I found a computer that would let me into the forums. Hydee and 9Key are right. I was not Banned per say. My account was... Modified....shall we say. From the same computer I was able to log into the forums with this account but not Grajek. I do this type of work for a living so I know a little about SQL and site security. My login was just not allowed to log in the forums at first then the site. Hydee emailed and said that had been resolved, and it was kinda. I am still not able to get into the forums but able to maintain my caches. I suspect because I have paid and asked to be let in or get my money back.

Now Hydee and 9Key have been very nice about the whole stink and I think they have done more than they needed to. I know they are committed to helping so they don't really deserve any kind of backlash.

That said, I don't think anybody should be banned from the site for sticking up for me. Some have suggested and said thing like "...I'm not sure what your relationship with Grajek is, but it seems that you're a bit more than another forum member looking out for his interests...." That’s not true. As far as I know these are just good people that love the hobby and didn't think it was very funny I was denied access to the forums and site. For those who think this is just silly and everyone should deal with it and shut up I think you are misguided and nothing I say here will change your mind. I think there has been some discontent for a long time and this brought everything to a head. I really don't care if I get banned or not because I can always get in to the forums and the site. I only hunt caches and could careless about posting a find. I like to thank the hider for their time and effort. I do care about GeoCaching and I think GC.com has and can continue to do a good job bringing people together. I think that when people like myself and others pay to support a site such as this we should be accorded a little more attention when we have a grievance and this many people feel so strongly about it. We paid to support the site and try and contribute to the hobby. When you treat people like crap and tell people “Your virtuals are stupid and have no place and you’re an idiot for liking them.” And “We are not even going to consider a solution.” then you get what you have gotten here. Once you start a site like this and collect money for it’s support you agree to hear grievances and listen to people when they have concerns. If nothing else it is common courtesy. That appears to be something some people at GC.com are short on. NOT all, just some. Hydee and 9Key have a lot of that. People like Jeremy apparently don’t. It’s a shame the person who started the site and seems to have at one time cared about the hobby has gotten so conceited and jaded that he would rather people waste their time putting together caches that have no chance of getting approved. Or ban people because they stick up for someone that they feel was wronged. Why not just be up front about the virtuals and tell people GC.com really doesn’t virtuals on their site. Tell the people that can’t get into the woods and rough terrain that because they are handicapped they don’t deserve any type of cache because “we don’t like em much.” Just be upfront about it that’s all.

I hope everyone that was banned because of all this will be unbanned and I hope Jeremy will at least listen to the people he has asked for monetary assistance from. It is only fair. I doubt this many people are just full of it.

Grajek

P.S. Pardon the bad grammar and spelling I have a movie to watch and was in a hurry.

Hey Hey Hey.

I can't quit, I'm having too much fun.

Why does everyone have to get caught up in whining and conspiracy bull$hit?

Ever consider what our dogs must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul -- chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth!

http://www.geocities.com/cacheinon

quote:
People like Jeremy apparently don’t. It’s a shame the person who started the site and seems to have at one time cared about the hobby has gotten so conceited and jaded that he would rather people waste their time putting together caches that have no chance of getting approved. Or ban people because they stick up for someone that they feel was wronged. Why not just be up front about the virtuals and tell people GC.com really doesn’t virtuals on their site. Tell the people that can’t get into the woods and rough terrain that because they are handicapped they don’t deserve any type of cache because “we don’t like em much.” Just be upfront about it that’s all.

I seriously doubt that a person would be banned or their account *modified* over a complaint about virtuals. I read the threads and didn't see anything worth that. I have seen much worse here. I thought the comments in question were fairly tame in comparison. Others in the threads would have been banned too if that were the criteria! But if true, and an account was *modified,* then I think that was silly, but I have to say that I doubt that was the case! So, calm down and please keep caching!

pokeanim3.gif

quote:

I received an email from Hydee indicating that my full face photo was considered offensive.

Well I never received a reply to my email. I did not get a reply to my previous email either.

I got blasted in the forums for using the forum to voice a complaint and not using the 'contact' email.

Well I can agree that the forums are not the best place to resolve an issue, but there is no other option.

quote:

quote:

Well I never received a reply to my email. I did not get a reply to my previous email either.

I got blasted in the forums for using the forum to voice a complaint and not using the 'contact' email.

Well I can agree that the forums are not the best place to resolve an issue, but there is no other option.

I just received an email reply from Hydee.

My thanks to her for reading the forums.

Here is a copy of her email and my reply.

> ----- Original Message -----

> From: "General Inquiries" <contact@Groundspeak.com>

> To: "Solohiker" Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 1:58 PM

> Subject: Re: [#31207] Fw: hydee contacting you from Geocaching.com

>

>

> > Dear Solohiker

> >

> > Thanks for your email - I am sorry about the delayed response.

> >

> > If you image was really so innocent then why did the text below say 'F U'.

> > I am sorry but the image cannot be displayed. You are welcome to display

> > your portrait but you may not display the offensive photo.

> >

> > Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

> >

> > Happy Geocaching!

> >

> > Heidi

----- Original Message -----

To: "General Inquiries" <contact@Groundspeak.com>

Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 7:19 PM

Subject: Re: [#31207] Fw: hydee contacting you from Geocaching.com

> Dear Hydee,

>I had two different pictures. One with my finger over my lip and one with

> my finger under my lip. I saved them as FO and FU.

>

> Please reconsider. I do not understand what you mean by offensive.

>

> Solohiker

>

>

Solohiker - it is poor etiquette to reproduce private e-mail on forums without the other parties consent. And you know darn well why FU is offensive - the only other reasonable interpretation of those letters in the context in which they appeared (other than the obvious) would have been “Friggin Ugly”.

I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me.

geol4.JPG

quote:
Originally posted by seneca:

Solohiker - it is poor etiquette to reproduce private e-mail on forums without the other parties consent. And you know darn well why FU is offensive - the only other reasonable interpretation of those letters in the context in which they appeared (other than the obvious) would have been “Friggin Ugly”.

_I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me._

http://www.cslaw.ca/geol4.JPG

Sorry, I did not realize I was commiting a breach of forum etiquette by posting the email. I was just happy to have received a reply:-)

I did not know that fu was generally offensive. Tell that to Kung.

Whoops, I forgot to include the link to the new form:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag98j3IqZwdYdFBmN05VNkJSVmVmOUp6STZxTmJkaFE&hl=en_GB

I also customized the confirmation screen to thank the cacher for leaving and remind them that no one cared about them anyways.

EDIT: To see the multiple choices click on Form --> Go to live form

Edited by Ambient_Skater
EDIT: To see the multiple choices click on Form --> Go to live form
Didn't work for me. "Form" is grayed out. That's it, I quit!
Yep, grayed out "Form" tab. I haven't played with Google Forms in a while, but isn't there a link that takes you right to the form? We're linked to the spreadsheet. . .

Great post! :laughing::laughing:

Don't forget these two that have actually been used:

I'm quitting geocaching because micros suck

and

I'm quitting geocaching because I refuse to accept a free membership in an organization that promotes elitist "members only" caches.

and who can forget:

I'm outa here because GC.com hates the chindlern. (please correct my spellin')

So bastards is perfectly acceptable on these forums, but the word "a--" is considered vulgar?

I always thought "bastard" was a curse you should never use around children, such as the f word, the s word, and the a word (With another word attached). Whereas "a--" was considered perfectly acceptable as in many contexts.

So bastards is perfectly acceptable on these forums, but the word "a--" is considered vulgar?

I always thought "bastard" was a curse you should never use around children, such as the f word, the s word, and the a word (With another word attached). Whereas "a--" was considered perfectly acceptable as in many contexts.

A bastard is an illegitimate child. An a** is a donkey, otherwise known as Equus africanus asinus.

I think it only goes into offensive territory when you describe someone as a cavity in the ground to hold such a creature. But, hey, it is not my forums.

In light [pun intended] of the recent rash of forum and geocacing suicides the admins have [not] been in contact with me to make this handy form. Should you feel the need to quit geocaching and/or the forums please use this form and post it to save time. Use of this form will allow you to expedite your departure and will prevent the forum doors from hitting you in the butt on the way out.

I [state your moniker here] no longer wish to participate in geocaching.

[ ] My cache was denied.

[ ] I got an email.

[ ] My 'big uns' signature item was ruled not family friendly.

[ ] The admins suck

[ ] Geocaching.com sucks

[ ] Jeremy sucks.

I can no longer participate in geocaching and/or these forums. As far as my caches go you can [select final cache disposition]

[ ] Stuff them where the sun don't shine.

As a final note just let me say that. [choose your parting shot from those provided below]

[ ] It's been really fun and I'm not sure why I'm going but it's something I must to do be true to myself.

[ ] I'm not going to tell you the story why I left even thought I made this big long suicide note for the forums.

[ ] You can kiss my a__.

Is that in good taste that you talk about geocachers who have took their own lives?

In light [pun intended] of the recent rash of forum and geocacing suicides the admins have [not] been in contact with me to make this handy form. Should you feel the need to quit geocaching and/or the forums please use this form and post it to save time. Use of this form will allow you to expedite your departure and will prevent the forum doors from hitting you in the butt on the way out.

[ ] My cache was denied.

[ ] I got an email.

[ ] The admins suck

[ ] Geocaching.com sucks

[ ] Jeremy sucks.

I can no longer participate in geocaching and/or these forums. As far as my caches go you can [select final cache disposition]

[ ] It's been really fun and I'm not sure why I'm going but it's something I must to do be true to myself.

[ ] I'm not going to tell you the story why I left even thought I made this big long suicide note for the forums.

[ ] You can kiss my a__.

Is that in good taste that you talk about geocachers who have took their own lives?

Um, you do know what a geocide is, don't you? It's when someone throws a fit over something or other, archives all their caches (sometimes), declares they are done with geocaching and won't ever EVER post in the forums again, and leaves in a huff... and usually makes a new account or relogs on under the old one a week later and everything resets.

Nothing so extreme as taking their own life.

[ ] My cache was denied.

[ ] I got an email.

[ ] The admins suck

[ ] Geocaching.com sucks

[ ] Jeremy sucks.

[ ] You can kiss my a__.

Um, you do know what a geocide is, don't you? It's when someone throws a fit over something or other, archives all their caches (sometimes), declares they are done with geocaching and won't ever EVER post in the forums again, and leaves in a huff... and usually makes a new account or relogs on under the old one a week later and everything resets.

Nothing so extreme as taking their own life.

Ah, I see. Only wondering because some have recently geocided as well as suicided in this area. Either way, anything ending in -cide usually isn't too nice.