Forum "I quit" Notes made easy.

Is that in good taste that you talk about geocachers who have took their own lives?

Um, you do know what a geocide is, don't you? It's when someone throws a fit over something or other, archives all their caches (sometimes), declares they are done with geocaching and won't ever EVER post in the forums again, and leaves in a huff... and usually makes a new account or relogs on under the old one a week later and everything resets.

Nothing so extreme as taking their own life.

Ah, I see. Only wondering because some have recently geocided as well as suicided in this area. Either way, anything ending in -cide usually isn't too nice.

The term geocide has about as much to do with suicide as it does with insectice, pesticide, or cider. I wouldn't worry about it... though I'm sorry people have suicided in your area.

Do DB's turn their heads and look when you call them a DB?

The original post uses the word "suicide" and there have been in the geocaching world. That was how I perceived the original post.

You're killing me. But I'm not gonna take cides in this.

:D

It's all good.

Except... DB = database? Or is that the programmer in me coming out?

If you ever revise the form, then don't forget geocide from anger at Groundspeak when a program somewhere totally unrelated to Groundspeak is ended.

I think this is really funny Ambient Skater. Good to see some humor on the "On topic" forums for a change. There's often a lot of angst here and it can sure use some lightening up.

I know I'm about 10 years late in arriving to this party, but I do think there's a missing option there.

The third section of the form should read:

Because of this [check your reason for resentment below]

[ ] Blatant disrespect for my sensitive nature.

[ ] Utter lack of bowing and groveling at my feet.

[ ] Lack of acknowledgment that my new idea is better.

[ ] Display of online attention directed at me.

[ ] Display of online attention NOT directed at me.

Omitting that last option seems like a rather glaring oversight... :)

I JEREMY no longer wish to participate in geocaching.

After [check the traumatic life altering event below]

[ ] My cache was denied.

[XX] I was flamed in the forums.

[ ] I got an email.

[ ] Saw a light path near a cache.

[ ] I found a lame cache.

[ ] Realized fair trades means me.

[ ] My ‘big uns’ signature item was ruled not family friendly.

I have come to the conclusion that. [check your conclusion below]

[ ] The admins suck

[ ] Geocaching.com sucks

[ ] The forum regulars suck

[ ] All threads that start with Woo Hoo suck.

[XX] Jeremy sucks.

[ ] Everybody but me sucks.

Because of this [check your reason for resentment below]

[ ] Blatant disrespect for my sensitive nature.

[ ] Utter lack of bowing and groveling at my feet.

[ ] Lack of acknowledgment that my new idea is better.

[XX] Display of online attention directed at me.

I can no longer participate in geocaching and/or these forums. As far as my caches go you can [select final cache disposition]

[ ] Archive them and make them into cache litter.

[ ] Adopt them to people who care.

[ ] Divide them up like the bickering slobs that you are.

[ ] Let me list them on another site.

[XX] Stuff them where the sun don’t shine.

As a final note just let me say that. [choose your parting shot from those provided below]

[ ] This has been the worst experience of my life.

[ ] It’s been really fun and I’m not sure why I’m going but it’s something I must to do be true to myself.

[ ] That will teach you, you rat bastards.

[ ] I’m not going to tell you the story why I left even thought I made this big long suicide note for the forums.

[XX] You can kiss my a__.

Signed JEREMY

HAhahaha

I am so offended by this disrespectful post that I am going to quit ! .... writing Cliff Knowles novels. ... maybe.

Coincidentally, I just started (finally) reading Death Row last night. I didn't know that Cliff was a kayaker as well. That first cache sounded like a tough one but I'm noticing a pattern from Cached out. It seems like most of the cache finds have also resulted in some kind of injury. In any case, a book that starts with a kayak cache that ends up with a loss of blood is my kind of book.

I am so offended by this disrespectful post that I am going to quit ! .... writing Cliff Knowles novels. ... maybe.

Coincidentally, I just started (finally) reading Death Row last night. I didn't know that Cliff was a kayaker as well. That first cache sounded like a tough one but I'm noticing a pattern from Cached out. It seems like most of the cache finds have also resulted in some kind of injury. In any case, a book that starts with a kayak cache that ends up with a loss of blood is my kind of book.

Also coincidentally, I just finished reading Behead Me yesterday. Let's just say that Cliff likes to earn his terrain stars :)

I really do sorry for you all and lets play some music and do some Karaoke to the tune of you have lost that caching feeling! Just get out there and do it you sad sacks! If you really want to do it, a copy of Catcher in the Rye, Cannery Row, or any of sound tracks from Dirty Harry Movies, manic depressive stuff.

Also coincidentally, I just finished reading Behead Me yesterday. Let's just say that Cliff likes to earn his terrain stars :)

It's nice to hear I have a few fans. I guess I won't quit after all. :rolleyes: