A jazzed up geocache document

Not sure if others have done this, but I added a few graphics to the letter that Jeremy offers that you put in a cache. I don't think I changed the text much / has the website's letter changed much in the last few months (idea - put a rev date on / near the link for that doc so people know when it's been revised?

Anyway, I have a nice color printer right now so I am taking advantage of it....

http://www.aimcg.com/cache/note.doc

Cool,

I like that one. Good work.

One thing I've noticed though regarding the color. On the few cache pages I've printed with color, the color fades after a while, but the black ink is still legible. I haven't rechecked any laminated stashnotes, but I expect they'd hold up a little better.

I've considered going to Kinko's and having a color stashnote printed on their color laser printer.

Jamie

I uploaded mine and can be downloaded right here

In this document you can also fill in some information of the cache in the box on the bottom of the page..

You can fill out

-Cache name

-hidden on what date

-coordinates

-Internet address

I think the best of these is the internet adress.. When you placed the cache and you get back home to make the cache page you get the right link.. When you visit you cache again fot the status of it. you can fill out the URL.. some visitors might find it easy to know it's ID number..

I added the URL thing last.. maybe you might want to change it for something else..

Irresisti

N12º 55.475

E100º 52.865

quote:
One thing I've noticed though regarding the color. On the few cache pages I've printed with color, the color fades after a while, but the black ink is still legible. I haven't rechecked any laminated stashnotes, but I expect they'd hold up a little better

I had the same problem before with pictures i printed on coated paper the pictures fadded away in a few weeks time.. i had also some pictures laminated and after a year they still look same..

i bought my own laminting machine because it always comes in handy.

Irresisti

N12º 55.475

E100º 52.865

quote:
Originally posted by Irresisti:

You can fill out

-Cache name

-hidden on what date

-coordinates

-Internet address

Don't forget your name and email address. There's a little message on the bottom of the stash note that says "If this container needs to be removed for any reason, please let us know." Make sure they can get ahold of you to let you know.

Jamie

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Z:

quote:
Originally posted by Irresisti:

You can fill out

-Cache name

-hidden on what date

-coordinates

-Internet address

Don't forget your name and email address. There's a little message on the bottom of the stash note that says "_If this container needs to be removed for any reason, please let us know._" Make sure they can get ahold of you to _let you know_.

Jamie

Thats a GREAT suggestion about the email address. I love the design!!!

Caching with a 5 year old: takes 2x as long, it's 2x as satisifying

The faster you go, the worse your reception is.

quote:
Don't forget your name and email address. There's a little message on the bottom of the stash note that says "If this container needs to be removed for any reason, please let us know." Make sure they can get ahold of you to let you know.

I added the space for the "owners email" adress.. Please let me know if there is more that would be interesting..

I uploaded the new version here

any suggestions please let me know icon_rolleyes.gif

Irresisti

N12º 55.475

E100º 52.865

quote:

I added the space for the "owners email" adress.. Please let me know if there is more that would be interesting..

I uploaded the new version here

any suggestions please let me know icon_rolleyes.gif

Irresisti

N12º 55.475

E100º 52.865

I like the latest version that Irresisti posted, including a section that allows you to add cordiantes, cache name, e-mail, ect is a great feature. I have that laminated the cache letter keeps it from fading and protects it from weather damage. This should help if you are going to use color, which helps make specific sectioins stand out. Next time I do some maintainence I going to replace my cahce letter with theis new version/

I've seen a few color lables and printouts placed in cache and the inkjet printed artwork will eventually run. The laser printer artwork will hold its image when exposed to moisture.

For the welcome identification notice, use the high gloss plastic embedded papers which hold up to water. Then encase them in a sealable plastic sheet folder taped shut.

For afixed labels, use the new Avery weatherproof labels. Then spray clear coat over them to protect from moisture.