Your Geocaching Page (for others to see)

Guest jeremy

Guest jeremy

I've been wanting to add the geocaching page for folks to show what caches they've found and hidden (and give folks the option to "opt out" of having one). Here are some features I'll be adding -

1. Show caches found and caches hidden.

2. Short description of yourself (5000 characters)

3. Photo upload capability (will shrink the image down to fit the page. Working on getting software to do this).

4. Some stats, like birthday, interests, hobbies, gps unit type. You can decide whether to answer or not.

5. Email me link - It will be a link to a page to send email. However, it will not give out your email address. The site will send an email for you. You will have the option to show your email address in the email to the individual if they wish to respond (otherwise they can do it through the site).

Anything else?

Guest Lazyboy

Love it Jeremy. I put one up like that of myself with caches but I've wanted something like that on this site. Makes it fun. Especially since many of us have out of area caches planted.

Guest jeremy

quote:
Originally posted by zilla:

As we say out west "What's the holdup?"

' I'll do some vb to explain

dim oLife as Life

dim oFree as FreeTime

oLife = Wife + Job + Dogs

set oFree = oLife.GetExtraTime

While not oFree.NoMoreTime

ExecuteTask(oFree("task"))

oFree.GetNextTask

Wend

Guest Iron Chef

Maybe as part of the stats area, have a field for the persons home location if they choose to enter it. Not necessarily the coords, but like it is here on Groundspeak where you put in that you are from Aptos, CA or whatever. As for the rest, I can't wait :~) Great work Jeremey!

------------------

-Iron Chef

_ _ _ _ _ _____ _ _ _ _ _

agefive.com/geocache/ ~ Fe-26

Lets Drive Fast and Eat Cheese!

Guest Markwell

quote:
Originally posted by jeremy:

I'll do some vb to explain

Is it possible to increase the value of oFree by adding element oAdditionalHelp?

icon_wink.gif

Guest Markwell

quote:

I'll do some vb to explain

Is it possible to increase the value of oFree by adding element oAdditionalHelp?

icon_wink.gif

Guest barefoot

This may be more appropriate for the "Geocaching.com Wish List" thread that surfaces on occasion, but I'd like to be able to tag/list caches that are next on my list to hunt. This is different than watching a cache which I only do for the cool ones I've found and/or placed something even cooler in -- I like to know when someone picks up one of my gifts! I don't need email notification about the ones I plan on hitting, but it would be nice to have a way to manage these future hunts other than making a folder full o' bookmarks under IE, Netscape, Opera, etc.

Guest WJJagfan

Given the usage agreement for Grounded,Inc. , I think I would personally pass on the idea of posting personal info on the website. But it isn't a bad idea for those who don't have a web page and want to intoduce themselves to others in their area.

Guest jeremy

quote:
Originally posted by WJJagfan:

Given the usage agreement for Grounded,Inc. , I think I would personally pass on the idea of posting personal info on the website.

The privacy policy covers all the bases (I think). Not exactly sure what you're hinting at. Another conspiracy theory?

Guest logscaler

Keep up the good work and troll hunting Jeremy. As for the next website spin off, would it be something like: Send photo, of GPS. to www.cachemate.com to see if we are compatable !!

[This message has been edited by logscaler (edited 05 July 2001).]

Guest Nemesis

quote:

My gps has a sleek cover and a blue case...

Pleeeease, you guys really do need to get out more often. icon_biggrin.gif

The cachers web page is a great idea. icon_smile.gif

Cheers,

Donovan Govan.

Guest Nemesis

quote:

My gps has a sleek cover and a blue case...

Pleeeease, you guys really do need to get out more often. icon_biggrin.gif

The cachers web page is a great idea. icon_smile.gif

Cheers,

Donovan Govan.

Guest cache_ninja

is this profile thing up yet/soon?

i think it will be very useful...some guy just posted "plane crash cache 2", and i wanted to find his first one, luckily it was in the same state, but it would sure be nice to be able to click on someone and see all their caches etc...there are a few people who have really impressed me with their cache location choices, and it would be nice to see where all their caches are, rather than have to scroll through all the caches in one state for instance, and often people have caches in more than one state etc...

looking forward to this feature, only for this reason(being able to see/click on all of someones caches)...

thanks!!

c/n

Guest Yawningdog

How about the ability to watch more than 20 caches? I love to hear about what is happening at the ones I have already visited

~ Yawningdog

Guest Markwell

It's too bad that the profile has to be part of the forum instead of on the main Geocaching page. Not everyone wants to discuss Geocaching so not everyone looks in the forums.

I'd rather see this info on another link from the main page - "Geocaching Community" or "Geocachers' Profiles" with a possibility to search based on a login name. I also know several people that use different logins for these boards than they do for posting caches.

I also think that changing to a different forum without having the past information available in the same area is quite a loss. While there are some cool features to the new forum design, I wish that the existing forum data (complete with its 15,689 posts as of this morning) could be converted to the new system. It's a monumental task, but we would lose ready access to a lot of history and wisdom (I know they'd still be there, but I'd like them to be on the same site).

[This message has been edited by Markwell (edited 01 August 2001).]

Guest jeremy

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

It's too bad that the profile has to be part of the forum instead of on the main Geocaching page.

The whole idea is to link up the forums more with the site. The logs will have a profile button, as well as cache pages and whatnot.

quote:

I also think that changing to a different forum without having the past information available in the same area is quite a loss. [/b]

We're working on this. We probably won't be able to get all the info (since, like you said, folks have different names here than on the site), but we'll do our best.

Worst case is we close out the forums and keep it as a reference for folks.

Ultimately this is the best way to go, however. I believe it will make the community stronger.

Jeremy

Guest Rich in NEPA

quote:
Originally posted by Yawningdog:

How about the ability to watch more than 20 caches? I love to hear about what is happening at the ones I have already visited

~ Yawningdog

I would like the additional cache amount, as well. Perhaps up to 30?

~Rich in NEPA~

A man with a GPS receiver knows where he is. A man with two GPS receivers is never sure.

Guest Clanggedin

Doing a profile search by username wouldn't be all that difficult to do. It's just if Jeremy has the time to do it. I'm sure this feature will be added leter on..

Guest martinp13

quote:
Originally posted by Rich in NEPA:

A man with a GPS receiver knows where he is.

Rich, I beg to differ. From my geocaching experience, a man with a GPS receiver THINKS HE KNOWS where he is. icon_biggrin.gif

------------------

> Martin

Magellan 330 (1.56/WAAS enabled!)

Don't have time to program and record your shows while geocaching? Get a TiVo !

Guest martinp13

quote:
Originally posted by Rich in NEPA:

A man with a GPS receiver knows where he is.

Rich, I beg to differ. From my geocaching experience, a man with a GPS receiver THINKS HE KNOWS where he is. icon_biggrin.gif

------------------

> Martin

Magellan 330 (1.56/WAAS enabled!)

Don't have time to program and record your shows while geocaching? Get a TiVo !

Guest Peter Scholtz

At this stage integration seems very important.

The old forum information can't be lost. Converting many of them to FAQ's would be very valuable.

I'm prepared to do the following topics which I started:

1. Panorama

2. What do you do for a living

(there may be more ...)

------------------

Peter Scholtz

www.biometrics.co.za