Fake Not Founds

Dinoprophet

This cache just appeared in my area. In less than a day, it has thirteen(!) Not Found logs! I checked them all out, and most of them don't even live in this state!!! icon_mad.gif Some of the logs have pictures that I think are fake. icon_mad.gif Worse yet, the owner seems to think these are FUNNY!!! icon_mad.gif I checked on him, too, and I don't see a single post by him in the forums, must be a sock puppet account. icon_mad.gif Can we please revoke all of these accounts?! icon_mad.gif

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Mein Vater war ein Wandersmann, und ich hab' auch im Blut.

Yeah, thats bull crap. Now it looks like the owner deleted all of the logs, probably after he read this thread.

What is with some people. icon_rolleyes.gif Fake logs

______________________________________________________________________________________

Not so sure, Somewhat new Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

What's with these false allegations about faking a not-found log? Why on earth would anyone WANT to fake a NOT found? I just fail to see the point of this.

It never ceases to amaze me, that some geocachers seem to have the time on their hands to concoct such schemes.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitos?

From what I heard lep, they had real pictures and stuff so I don't know why they would post not founds if they were really there.

______________________________________________________________________________________

quote:
Originally posted by Lapaglia:

Im not sure a not found can be faked, I mean, they didnt find it!!! However I agree, make them all go without Geocaching for a week!!

Hmm, you have a point...

Alright, then, everyone who didn't log a no found...BANNED!

And umc...BANNED! for deleting legitimate Not Founds.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

I think umc was right in deleting the logs because they didn't use the right numbers for their answers. It is very specific in the notes how to do what he the owner (umc) asked and they didn't follow the rules. Not suprised, sound like a bunch of half wits anyway.

That is ridiculous! Now people are even trying to increase their not-found numbers?

Ya know people, this could all be cured if we did not make caches, both traditional and virtual, too hard to find. I bet this one was 50 feet or more off the main road, how many people are supposed to be able to find that??????? And come on, read a plaque? That requires special equipment for some people, and I can't afford glasses any more than I can afford a digital camera. This cache should have been a 5/5.

Just because the GPS knows where it is does not mean you do!

Me and the wife were going to post pix of yellow Hummers, yellow Ford rangers, yellow Broncos, other yellow SUV's, and different colored, not yellow, jeeps as "not founds" on the Yellow Jeep locationless, but decided not to as we didn't know how the cache owner would take it...

WE thought it would be funny. Didn't know how others would take it though.

CR

72057_2000.gif

I want to complain at all you people that are placing caches too far away from me icon_mad.gif. I think its plot to keep me from finding any caches, it is isnt it? isnt it!

I mean brdad comeon, MAINE?!! icon_mad.gif how am i going to get to Maine? And now oneone wants anyone to claim not finds no more! icon_frown.gif! Thats it i want your cache archived right now!icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

whack.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

[This message was edited by welch on November 18, 2002 at 12:49 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Sissy-n-CR:

Me and the wife were going to post pix of yellow Hummers, yellow Ford rangers, yellow Broncos, other yellow SUV's, and different colored, not yellow, jeeps as "not founds" on the Yellow Jeep locationless, but decided not to as we didn't know how the cache owner would take it...

WE thought it would be funny. Didn't know how others would take it though.

CR

Devious minds think alike. My fantasy not-found log for that cache would read as follows:

"Drove to work today. Did not see a yellow jeep although traffic was heavy. I'll try again tomorrow!"

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

Devious minds think alike. My fantasy not-found log for that cache would read as follows:

"Drove to work today. Did not see a yellow jeep although traffic was heavy. I'll try again tomorrow!"

"The other day upon the stair,

I found a cache that wasn't there,

I found it once again today.

I wish, I wish it'd go away."

--

wcgreen

Wendy Chatley Green

quote:
Originally posted by welch:

I want to complain at all you people that are placing caches too far away from me

This is what I keep telling umc. Why should I drive 40 minutes to his caches when it's just as easy for him to come to my area to place it! I'm glad he's banned!

migo_sig_logo.jpg

BAN! (oops - should have been posted in the jokes thread.)

quote:
Originally posted by Dinoprophet:

quote:
Originally posted by welch:

I want to complain at all you people that are placing caches too far away from me

This is what I keep telling umc. Why should I drive 40 minutes to his caches when it's just as easy for him to come to my area to place it! I'm glad he's banned!

http://www.mi-geocaching.org/

Cache you later,

Planet

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

I'm glad he's been banned too. If he hadn't been banned then he would be here drinking beer being a pain in the rear.

quote:

How can I increase my no-found count, I can only decrease it by finding caches. currently my not found count can be expressed this way

Total caches - caches found = total not found

simple math

This is truly impressive, Lapaglia. You are a mere six not-founds away from being tied as the WORLD LEADER in not-founds. What does it feel like to be so near the pinnacle of geocaching stardom?

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

quote:

How can I increase my no-found count, I can only decrease it by finding caches. currently my not found count can be expressed this way

Total caches - caches found = total not found

simple math

This is truly impressive, Lapaglia. You are a mere six not-founds away from being tied as the WORLD LEADER in not-founds. What does it feel like to be so near the pinnacle of geocaching stardom?

Thank you, Thank you, I feel that should I obtain this high goal it is, in part, because of all the little people that I have stepped on to get here. That part feels great!

Lapaglia icon_cool.gif

Muga Muchu (forget yourself, focus)

Well, well, well. This "cache" has been posted for over 24 hours and hasn't been logged, even though it's a 1/1 virtual. I'm begining to doubt it even exists! It's probably been hunted -- futily -- but no one will log a Not Found because of all the fake ones that have already tarnished it.

I weep for our sport. icon_frown.gif

migo_sig_logo.jpg

You know, I'm bored and I'm scrolling around the message board, and for some reason, this thread (which has since lost it's original topic) caught my eye again.

Fake not-founds? While I haven't logged any fake finds, there are two caches which I've been tempted to log no-finds on, to sort of spur either the cache hider, or "them" to archive the cache.

One, I've been to twice, a month apart, and logged no-finds both times. Another cacher logged a no-find on this a few weeks after that. An awfully long time has passed to enable the hider to at least acknowledge that there may be a problem. Even if they can't get to it, it's good to know hider has at least some interest in their hides. The hider is mildly active, too, having logged their own finds in this time period.

Yea, I think I am rambling. I've been in a routing training class all week and my brain is mushy, I think.

----------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, lest you be also be like him.