CACHE PIRATE RESURFACES?

Go look at the new cache, called "Sunken Treasurer Chest" and tell me that's not the work of our pirate friend! (Someone post a link, I don't know how)

""YO HO,YO HO,ITS A PIRATE'S LIFE FOR ME"

Back in the 16 century BLACKBEARD and his BUCCANEERS retard to LAKE HAVSUE. This is a brief history of that time.

MAY 17 1681

"I MATY" This is the story of BLACKBEARD with it be fact or legend who knows. Yet the myth that was born is still here today.

Back in 1681 BLACKBEARD and his BUCCANEERS got sick of salt water. So thay went farwest and ended up in LAKE HAVSUE.

Under the black flag they Rob and Murder the AMAGO-AMERICAN'S. Thay where just targets of opportunity. When there was no more ship's. Thay Plunder the whole Village's of Lake Havsue.

Don't be mad of their cruel and unlawful lifestyle.

For they left you Treasurer... some where in Lake Havsue!!!"

Bad spelling, and the "Yo ho, yo ho" is the same.

He's even too ashamed to show his face on his profile.

[This message was edited by TEAM 360 on May 20, 2003 at 09:32 AM.]

If one of the plundered caches had been mine, I'd be checking the contents of this cache and the others owned by him. If my stuff showed up in any of them, I'd seek to have a discussion with the cache owner. The outcome would determine whether I then sought to get his account banned.

Worldtraveler

Now that my internet connection is finally fixed...

I don't think it's the cache pirate because Fatboy did a cache in California on the same day as Mad Morty raided caches in Arizona. Read his log entry for that day. Perhaps he knows who the Cache Pirate is. Or perhaps he is just being a copycat of sorts with the pirate idea. He is kinda mocking someone else's picture on his profile though.

In case anyone is interested, still no word from the cache pirate, or any returned cache contents.

That moss-covered bucket I hailed as a treasure,

For often at noon, when I returned from the field,

I found it the source of an exquisite pleasure.

Samuel Woodworth The Old Oaken Bucket

quote:
Originally posted by TEAM 360:

Bad spelling, and the "Yo ho, yo ho" is the same.

Google says the 'Yo ho yo ho' thing can be found on couple of other sites too. Not likely to be just Mad Morty's copyright.

- From the shallow end of the gene pool. -

quote:
Originally posted by Kite & Hawkeye:

I've met Fatboy. He's a well-known local cacher and a good guy. If he's stealing caches, I'll eat my eTrex.

Well, I think Fatboy should go steal a cache so we can see this. I think the cache owner would understand.

Pan

"The internet to tell me where. A GPS to get me there."

When it comes down to it, there's absolutely nothing you can do to stop anyone with a GPSr and an internet connection from plundering a cache. Whoever h/she may be, I'm sure that all of the attention that they're receiving here in the forums is more than enough 'encouragement' to keep them at it. It's clear that this person(s?) wants an audience, so why provide them with one? Your best bet is to deny the culprit the satisfaction of acknowledgement by simply ignoring them. From his/her point of view, what 'fun' is there in that...?

quote:
Originally posted by Cache Canucks:

When it comes down to it, there's absolutely nothing you can do to stop anyone with a GPSr and an internet connection from plundering a cache.

I tried to point this out over a year ago. I proposed a solution that might help curb this sort of thing, but it was rejected by a large number of posters, so unfortunately we will probably see our share of this sort of thing for some time in the future. Hopefully no one gets hurt because of the inaction to try to correct this flaw. While you are probably right about not being able to stop it, there are ways to be able to reduce it.

Just because someone can't spell simple words like "Aye", "Matey", "Havasu", "They", and "Treasure" doesn't mean they're a cache pirate. The guy who writes the signs at my local diner is an even worse speller.

It's easy to be fooled this way. Some of us who've been around the internet for 15 years or more remember a guy who called himself 'BIFF'. He spelled things REEL KEWL and called everyone D00D, and before long there were about a thousand BIFFs out there, all copycats.

What the hell is an AMAGO-AMERICAN, anyway? icon_smile.gif

--

Scott Johnson (ScottJ)

quote:

Hopefully no one gets hurt because of the inaction to try to correct this flaw.

I'm curious. Do you mean "hurt," as in, "I wish someone hadn't done that to my cache, I'm quite hurt," or "hurt," as in, "Please stop hitting me with that aluminum baseball bat, I wasn't 'stealing' your swag,"?

Pan

"The internet to tell me where. A GPS to get me there."

Originally posted by Pantalaimon:

I have to admit, this does look very similar. Why do those who think its not the same person... think its not the same person.

Pan

Just MHO, since I also posted on the other thread regarding the Cache Pirate. I looked at Fatboy's page, and with the amount of finds and hides he has, I don't believe it's the same person. I would hope someone as invovled in the sport as he seems to be wouldn't plunder other's caches. I think the pirate theme and location are just coninsidences. I could be wrong.

Make a sanity check.migo_sig_logo.jpg

That is FatBoy He has recently changed his picture in his profile.. I am sure it's intent was for humor and not to obscure his face. His last profle pic plainly showed his face.

As far as the Typos.. That's Fatboy.. Nothing new. Acidental, intentional, who knows.. All his caches are riddled with typos I just assumed they are meant to be part of his humor.

Randall J. Berry

davros@mdgps.net

MicroLogo.jpg

www.mdgps.net