What movie did this line come from? Another Frivolous Thread

quote:
Originally posted by Team X40:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, well, well! Well if it isn't fat stinking billy goat Billy Boy in poison! How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarble, ya eunuch jelly thou!

-------------------

I do know that yarble is a slang term from "A Clockwork Orange" but I don't remember that line.

A Clockwork Orange Edit; Whoops! Wasn't quick enough

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gifThe greatest labor saving invention of today is tomorrow....

[This message was edited by Snoogans on July 15, 2003 at 03:50 PM.]

quote:

quote:

Come on!

He had yellow eyes, so help me God, yellow eyes!

Fra- gee- lay - it must be Italian!".

"Only one thing in the world could've dragged me away from the soft glow of electric sex gleaming in the window,"

Oh! Oh! It's from "A Christmas Story". He wanted the b-b gun with a compass in the stock.

icon_smile.gif

Hard work pays off in the future, laziness pays off now.

quote:

"Only one thing in the world could've dragged me away from the soft glow of electric sex gleaming in the window,"

I think that is from A Christmas Story or The Christmas Story, something like that, where all the kid wants for christmas is the BB-gun.

It's not difficult to meet demands; just turn around and there they are.

Yep A Christmas Story.

Daisy Daiiiiiiiiisy... yes an easy one, 2001 a Space Odyssey

If I've seen the movie I rarely miss knowing the line, but I'm even better at knowing the incidental music from Sitcoms, it's just hard to play that game on line.

Hey, what else is there to do between caching and watching the corn grow?

And I know the "mmm...thats strange" line, I just have to think about it.

quote:

This is from my favorite Christmas movie, "A Christmas Story".

OK, here's my contribution.

"It's an 88 Magnum. It shoots through SCHOOLS."

--

Scott Johnson (ScottJ)

This is the perfect thread for this:

I really can't remember the movie but here's the setup:

George Carlin is the town drunk in a two horse western burg. Bette Midler and ?Shelly Long? tell him this long drawn out of the frying pan into the fire tale of their woes. He looks up and says:Wow man, the 60's must have been very good to you! (perfect casting)

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

Originally posted by Og's outfit:

"Oh pointy birds, so pointy, pointy. Anoint my head, anointy-nointy."

OG

Steve Martin in "The Man With Two Brains"

I hate to admit it, but I own the DVD

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

Here are a couple of old favorites of mine:

1. That's about a nine on the tension scale there, Rube.

2. What's the matter, stock market crash or something? Don't worry, here, have a french fry.

3. I wanna be just like you. I figure all I need is a lobotomy and a pair of tights.

4. Great, they're going to steal away under cover of broad daylight in the biggest car in the county.

5. Valentine's Day. Bummer. Where'd you get your date, Elaine?

Enjoy!

Susan

-----------------------------------------------------------

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future. --Galadriel, "The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship Of the Ring"

quote:
Originally posted by Snoogans:

HEED! PAPER! NOW! Move your gargantuan cranium, if ya CAN!

Looka that boy's heed. It's like an orange on a toothpick! It's like Sputnik! Spherical, but quite pointy in places.

Ooooh. I've gone and done it now. He'll be cryin imself to sleep tonight on his huge pilla.

Didn't see this answer while scanning thru...

So I Married an Axe Murderer!

quote:
Originally posted by Snoogans:

I WASN'T EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE HERE TODAY!

Clerks

I've got a quote in mind but I'm going to have to wait until I get home to post it as it's long and I don't know it off the top of my head...

--

Pehmva!

Random quote:

sigimage.php

quote:
Originally posted by wimseyguy:

This is the perfect thread for this:

I really can't remember the movie but here's the setup:

George Carlin is the town drunk in a two horse western burg. Bette Midler and ?Shelly Long? tell him this long drawn out of the frying pan into the fire tale of their woes. He looks up and says:Wow man, the 60's must have been very good to you! (perfect casting)

Outrageous Fortune.

This is the perfect set-up to plug my second favorite website Internet Movie Database. When you know one or more of the players, or say, 'Isn't that the guy that played in...' or some such thing, you can pull up movies, actors, TV shows, etc. It's the best!

"Could be worse...could be raining"

"I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress!"

(Actually from a Musical first, but it was made into a movie)

"Could be worse...could be raining"

Somebody help me with this one:

Not sure if it came from a movie or not.

Three guys standing there, middle guy says:

"Why must I always be the meat in an imbecile sandwich?"

The Church says that the Earth is flat, but I know that it is round. For I have seen the shadow on the moon and I have more faith in the Shadow than in the Church.

- Ferdinand Magellan

quote:

Some people have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad.

That's from "As Good As It Gets"-- one of my faves!

Susan

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future. --Galadriel, "The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship Of the Ring"

quote:
Originally posted by Zoraima:

quote:

Some people have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad.

That's from "As Good As It Gets"-- one of my faves!

Susan

My favorite part was when the secretary of the publishing agent asked Jack Nicholson:

How is it that you write women (charcters) so well?

(Jack) Well, I'll tell ya. I think of a man and then I take away reason and accountability.

texasgeocaching_sm.gifThe greatest labor saving invention of today is tomorrow....

quote:
Originally posted by weRlostNDwoods:

How 'bout "I like the way you talk Carl. I like the way you talk too. Our fave movie since Blazing Saddles. icon_razz.gif

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a cache.

I like them french fried potaters....um hmmm

icon_wink.gif

carpe cerevisi

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

quote:

no, just Two Brains and LA.

"I want to name her Dottie after my wife. She's a vicious life sucking b***h from which there is no escape."

Deep Impact GOOD ONE!

quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Writer:

Back off, man, I'm a scientist!

Ghostbusters

Ok, this is REALLY long, and if you've seen the movie, you'll get it right off the bat, but it's one of my favorite lines (paragraphs?!) of all time. Here we go..

quote:
The question isn't, "Why should you work for the NSA?", the question is, "Why shouldn't you?"

Why shouldn't I work for the NSA? That's a tough one, but I'll take a shot. Say I'm workin' at the NSA and somebody puts a code on my desk. Something no one else can break. Maybe I take a shot at it and maybe I break it. I'm real happy with myself 'cause I did my job well. But maybe that code was the location of some rebel army in North Africa or the Middle East and once they have that location they bomb the village where the rebels are hiding. Fifteen hundred people that I never met, never had no problem with, get killed. Now the politicians are saying, "Oh, send in the marines to secure the area" 'cuz they don't give a s--t. It won't be their kid over there getting shot, just like it wasn't them when their number got called 'cuz they were off pullin' a tour in the National Guard. Maybe some kid from Southie over there, taking shrapnel in the a--. He comes back to find that the plant he used to work at got exported to the country he just got back from, and the guy that put the shrapnel in his a-- got his old job 'cuz he'll work for fifteen cents a day and no bathroom breaks. Meanwhile, he realizes the only reason he was over there in the first place was so that we could install a government that would sell us oil at a good price. And of course the oil companies use the little skirmish over there to scare up domestic oil prices, a cute little ancillary benefit for them, but it ain't helpin' my buddy at two fifty a gallon. They're takin' their sweet time bringing the oil back, of course. Maybe they even took the liberty of hiring an alcoholic skipper who likes to drink martinis and f---in' play slolom with the icebergs. It ain't too long 'till he hits one, spills the oil and kills all the sea life in the North Atlantic. So now my buddy's out of work, he can't afford to drive, so he's walkin' to the f---in' job interviews, which sucks because the shrapnel in his a-- is giving him chronic hemmroids. And meanwhile, he's starvin' because every time he tries to get a bite to eat, the only blue plate special they're servin' is North Atlantic skrod with Quaker State. So what did I think? I'm holdin' out for somethin' better. I figure f--k it. While I'm at it, why not just shoot my buddy, take his job, give it to his sworn enemy, hike up gas prices, bomb a village, club a baby seal, hit the hash pipe and join the National Guard. I could be elected President.

--

Pehmva!

Random quote:

sigimage.php

quote:
Originally posted by Cruzin!:
Originally posted by Lefty Writer:

Back off, man, I'm a scientist!

Ghostbusters

Ok, this is REALLY long, and if you've seen the movie, you'll get it right off the bat, but it's one of my favorite lines (paragraphs?!) of all time. Here we go..

quote:
The question isn't, "Why should you work for the NSA?", the question is, "Why shouldn't you?"

Why shouldn't I work for the NSA? That's a tough one, but I'll take a shot. Say I'm workin' at the NSA and somebody puts a code on my desk. Something no one else can break. Maybe I take a shot at it and maybe I break it. I'm real happy with myself 'cause I did my job well. But maybe that code was the location of some rebel army in North Africa or the Middle East and once they have that location they bomb the village where the rebels are hiding. Fifteen hundred people that I never met, never had no problem with, get killed. Now the politicians are saying, "Oh, send in the marines to secure the area" 'cuz they don't give a s--t. It won't be their kid over there getting shot, just like it wasn't them when their number got called 'cuz they were off pullin' a tour in the National Guard. Maybe some kid from Southie over there, taking shrapnel in the a--. He comes back to find that the plant he used to work at got exported to the country he just got back from, and the guy that put the shrapnel in his a-- got his old job 'cuz he'll work for fifteen cents a day and no bathroom breaks. Meanwhile, he realizes the only reason he was over there in the first place was so that we could install a government that would sell us oil at a good price. And of course the oil companies use the little skirmish over there to scare up domestic oil prices, a cute little ancillary benefit for them, but it ain't helpin' my buddy at two fifty a gallon. They're takin' their sweet time bringing the oil back, of course. Maybe they even took the liberty of hiring an alcoholic skipper who likes to drink martinis and f---in' play slolom with the icebergs. It ain't too long 'till he hits one, spills the oil and kills all the sea life in the North Atlantic. So now my buddy's out of work, he can't afford to drive, so he's walkin' to the f---in' job interviews, which sucks because the shrapnel in his a-- is giving him chronic hemmroids. And meanwhile, he's starvin' because every time he tries to get a bite to eat, the only blue plate special they're servin' is North Atlantic skrod with Quaker State. So what did I think? I'm holdin' out for somethin' better. I figure f--k it. While I'm at it, why not just shoot my buddy, take his job, give it to his sworn enemy, hike up gas prices, bomb a village, club a baby seal, hit the hash pipe and join the National Guard. I could be elected President.

--

Pehmva!

Ummm.... "Enemy of the State?"

That's my final answer, Regis...

P

carpe cerevisi

texasgeocaching_sm.gif