What movie did this line come from? Another Frivolous Thread

When we had no meat, we ate fowl. When we had no fowl, we ate crawdad. When we had no crawdad, we ate sand.

(Nicholas Cage) You ate what?

We ate sand.

(Nicholas Cage) You ate.....sand?

That's right!

Answer the question (What movie?) or give a line of your own.... Or both........

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gifThe greatest labor saving invention of today is tomorrow....

Edit: Entrie post made moot by faster typist and edited post. Still, Raising Arizona is my all-time favorite movie.

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

Well the mountain was so beautiful that this guy built a mall and a pizza shack

Yeah he built an ugly city because he wanted the mountain to love him back -- Dar Williams

quote:
Originally posted by Dinoprophet:

Easy: Raising Arizona, my all-time favorite! (Technically it's:

"When there was no crawdad, we ate sand"

"You ate what?"

"We ate sand."

"You ate SAND?!"

Nitpick.)

Edit: Dang, knew I shouldn't have nitpick! Too slow!

http://www.mi-geocaching.org/

_Well the mountain was so beautiful that this guy built a mall and a pizza shack

Yeah he built an ugly city because he wanted the mountain to love him back_ -- Dar Williams

That's OK. I would have done the same. I was already revising as you posted.

texasgeocaching_sm.gifThe greatest labor saving invention of today is tomorrow....

Stumped by the monkey........

Here's mine:

That's why they called us civilized. White man been sneakin up on us for years...........

Same movie:

All I got is this piece of hard rock candy, but it's not fer eatin. Its just ferrr lookin through.

[This message was edited by Snoogans on July 15, 2003 at 11:53 AM.]

Here's another one:

Did you ever find bugs bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?

NO! (20 seconds of laughter) NO!

Nn-Neither did I. I was just askin.....

I actually had that one on my answering machine and my boss asked me to change it because executives sometimes need to call me at home. Lol

quote:
Originally posted by Snoogans:

Here's another one:

Did you ever find bugs bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?

NO! (20 seconds of laughter) NO!

Nn-Neither did I. I was just askin.....

Wayne's World

How about:

"Button, Button, Who's got the button?"

TeamTJ

How about this one from my favorite movie: (Hint made in 1994)

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

E

quote:
Originally posted by Eswau:

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

E

Pulp Fiction

TeamTJ

Here's the penultimate line of one of the best movies ever. I might not have the dialog exactly right:

Have you met my new Snake Wife?

No grandfather.

Snake women have a very soft skin. It's because they copulate with horses. She says she doesn't, so I call her "Doesn't Like Horses."

But of course she's lying.....

Yes grandfather........

Hint: Same actor from another movie line that I posted.

quote:
Originally posted by Eswau:

E

I love that one! Later he said, "I'm gonna walk the Earth like Kane on Kung Fu."

quote:
Originally posted by Dinoprophet:

Edit: Entrie post made moot by faster typist and edited post. Still, Raising Arizona is my all-time favorite movie.

http://www.mi-geocaching.org/

_Well the mountain was so beautiful that this guy built a mall and a pizza shack

Yeah he built an ugly city because he wanted the mountain to love him back_ -- Dar Williams

Too many good lines in that movie. I like, "Boy! You got a panty on your head!"

quote:

Stumped by the monkey........

Here's mine:

That's why they called us civilized. White man been sneakin up on us for years...........

Same movie:

All I got is this piece of hard rock candy, but it's not fer eatin. Its just ferrr lookin through.

http://www.texasgeocaching.comThe greatest labor saving invention of today is tomorrow....

[This message was edited by Snoogans on July 15, 2003 at 11:53 AM.]

The Outlaw Josie Whales

Of course my favorite line is in "Stakeout" where Richard Dreyfuss is a cop on a stakeout (surprise surprise) and the other cop asks him "What movie is this line from?: This was no boating accident." Then he of course says he doesn't know. (This was the highpoint of the movie.)

Take a guess:

"Dr. Stone, there is a fire."

[This message was edited by FFC on July 15, 2003 at 12:39 PM.]

[This message was edited by FFC on July 15, 2003 at 12:40 PM.]

HEED! PAPER! NOW! Move your gargantuan cranium, if ya CAN!

Looka that boy's heed. It's like an orange on a toothpick! It's like Sputnik! Spherical, but quite pointy in places.

Ooooh. I've gone and done it now. He'll be cryin imself to sleep tonight on his huge pilla.

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

How about:

_"Its a good day to die"._

_"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry_

You got it! Way to keep it going!

Snake woman and "It's a good day to die" is from Little Big Man. A great movie. Several other movies have taken the It's a good day to die line

Badges? We don't need no stinking badges - "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre."

Maybe if we used a large wooden badger - Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

HEED! PAPER! NOW! - So I married an Axe Murderer

Favorite line from Raising Arizona - Hey, Do these balloon blow up into funny shapes?

No, Not unless round is funny.

Guess this - He had yellow eyes, so help me God, yellow eyes!

[This message was edited by Team X40 on July 15, 2003 at 01:57 PM.]

[This message was edited by Team X40 on July 15, 2003 at 03:04 PM.]

"It's a good day to die" I first heard in little big man, but it seems to crop up in newer movies. There were a lot of good days in that movie.

Some lines won't go away though.

I even caught that peanut rhyme in a TV show (I refuse to say it and I mean it!)

Badges? We don't need no stinking badges - "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre." I thought that was Gotcha! It was there first?

Kind of a fave of mine....a wee bit long, but worth it. Actually, I was waiting till I saw you back on-line, Snoogs. I wanted to see what you thought about this being potential cache contents....

icon_biggrin.gif

Survival Kit contents check. In them you will find: one 45 caliber automatic, two boxes of ammunition, four days concentrated emergency rations, one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills, one miniature combination Rooshan phrase book and Bible, one hundred dollars in rubles, one hundred dollars in gold, nine packs of chewing gum, one issue of prophylactics, three lipsticks, three pair of nylon stockings -- shoot, a fellah could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff....

P

carpe cerevisi

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

quote:
Originally posted by motoXman:

I belive Snoogans was originally referring to a line from "The Outlaw Josey Wales" one of the all time great spaghetti westerns, falls right under "High Plains Drifter"

"somebody left the door open and the wrong dogs came home"

I am about 20 miles from the set location of the town of Hell from HPD. Heck, most of the locations are up here. It was shot near Mono Lake and I am currently in Mammoth.

quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Writer:

Kind of a fave of mine....a wee bit long, but worth it. Actually, I was waiting till I saw you back on-line, Snoogs. I wanted to see what you thought about this being potential cache contents....

icon_biggrin.gif

Survival Kit contents check. In them you will find: one 45 caliber automatic, two boxes of ammunition, four days concentrated emergency rations, one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills, one miniature combination Rooshan phrase book and Bible, one hundred dollars in rubles, one hundred dollars in gold, nine packs of chewing gum, one issue of prophylactics, three lipsticks, three pair of nylon stockings -- shoot, a fellah could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff....

P

carpe cerevisi

http://www.texasgeocaching.com

dadgum, I know that one, but can't think of it. Was Chevy Chase in it?

Not sure on "Button, button, who's got the button"

Any additional hints?

"The Treasure of the Sierra Madre." yep, 1948 "Badges" may not be the most repeated line but it might be the most well known. (the line, not the movie)

A hint for mine

He had yellow eyes, so help me God, yellow eyes!

Fra- gee- lay - it must be Italian!".

[This message was edited by Team X40 on July 15, 2003 at 03:01 PM.]

My Snake Wife line came from Little Big Man:

My son, no one will think bad of you if you don't want to make war on these white creatures.

Grandfather, It's...a good....day to die.

Chief Dan George can deliver a line like no other.

quote:
Originally posted by Despot&Smitten:

Here's my Fave:

"What's that watermelon doing here?"

"I'll tell ya later."

Me, Myself and Irene.......Lol I love that movie!

Nope.. not Me, Myself & Irene. (Although you may be right - I haven't seen it.) I was thinking of a different movie. Yah... that's it. Different.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Despot&Smitten:

...Somebody left the door open and the wrong dogs came home...

I thought that WAS High Plains Drifter ?

Here's my Fave:

"What's that watermelon doing here?"

"I'll tell ya later."

Me, Myself and Irene.......Lol I love that movie!

http://www.texasgeocaching.comThe greatest labor saving invention of today is tomorrow....

quote:
Originally posted by TeamTJ:

I can't believe people got "And the monkey pushes the button" but nobody has gotten "Button, button, who's got the button"

TeamTJ

Was that Tommy Lee Jones in Under Siege?

quote:

Wasn't this "Spies like Us" with Dan Aykroyd and Chevy Chase?

Hard work pays off in the future, laziness pays off now.

quote:
Originally posted by Team X40:

I'd rather guess your signiture line -

Could be worse....could be raining- Young Frankenstein, right?

You betcha....one of the greatest films of all time. Not sure which movie I completely memorized first, but it's either Young Frankenstein or Princess Bride.

"Could be worse...could be raining"

quote:

icon_biggrin.gif

P

carpe cerevisi

http://www.texasgeocaching.com

Slim pickins reading to him crew from a bomber flying over Russia in "Dr. Strangelove"

quote:
Originally posted by TeamTJ:

I can't believe people got "And the monkey pushes the button" but nobody has gotten "Button, button, who's got the button"

Sounds like Buffy, but it's supposed to be from a movie, right?

No one will know this: "Spinglish! I mean - Speak English!"

or from the same movie:

"You must learn Rock’n Roll – Study this book!"

- I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory. -

Well Done, Perfect Tommy! Allegedly, the Hong Kong Cavaliers were testing high impact watermelons, suitable for food-drops in famine stricken areas...although I've always preferred to think the watermelon was serving a more sinister purpose.

Ummm just a wild guess here... was it Animal House?

If I missed this one, I'd have to find a new handle...The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

Here's an easy one:

Who wants an Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Three Orange Whips.

quote:
Here's an easy one:

Who wants an Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Three Orange Whips.

The Blues Brothers!

This one is from my favourite movie:

quote:
Well, well, well! Well if it isn't fat stinking billy goat Billy Boy in poison! How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarble, ya eunuch jelly thou!

- I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory. -

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, well, well! Well if it isn't fat stinking billy goat Billy Boy in poison! How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarble, ya eunuch jelly thou!

-------------------

I do know that yarble is a slang term from "A Clockwork Orange" but I don't remember that line.

Come on!

He had yellow eyes, so help me God, yellow eyes!

Fra- gee- lay - it must be Italian!".

"Only one thing in the world could've dragged me away from the soft glow of electric sex gleaming in the window,"