DOLLAR STORE's

Has anyone noticed that the quality of products, and amount of product the dollar stores has gone down.

At least my local dollar stores, the otherings are not worth a quarter.

this is where we all go that one time or another.

i have noticed this going on for about a year.

Is there another place to go these days

icon_confused.gif

Thanks to Postman

I check out the .99 Only stores here in Vegas about once per week. Their products differ from week to week...depending on what they got a deal on I guess. But every now and then you can get some nice trading items. The "Energizer Light Crawlers" and "Spy Ear's" were both hits around here when I left them in caches.

With my GPS in hand, and upon my trusty steed (er, truck) I scout the land in search of the mystical Geocache!

I have a "Dollar Castle" nearby and the bootie is top notch for $1. I got these sweet survival whistles there, some small gloves, and some smiley face lanyards. As far as geoswag goes, it's pretty good stuff IMHO. And it's gotten BETTER since I started shopping there icon_smile.gif I heart my dollar store.

--------

trippy1976 - Team KKF2A

Saving geocaches - one golf ball at a time.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

We have Dollar Trees here and it depends what they have at the time but i have come across some great stuff, lil latern keychains that light up, small flashlights, travel games, small toys like cars and such, cacrabiners, etc. I just don't buy the junk!

Darkmoon icon_biggrin.gif

No, I am not lost...I am where I am suppose to be...At least I think so? [icon_biggrin.gif]

quote:
Originally posted by "The Postman":

Has anyone noticed that the quality of products, and amount of product the dollar stores has gone down.

Recently, a dollar store here had a supply of laser pointers I picked up for cache prizes. They also had headphones and other electronic stuff. Not much

of that sort the last few visits, however.

ApK

I can relate. A lot of the Dollar Store stuff is not worth the money. McFrugals can have some good stuff. I think the key is to keep on the lookout all the time and when a deal comes along, stock up. I was a Target recently and some of the specialty stuff that they had packaged for Christmas was on sale. There was a camping set marked down to $3.50...pocket kife, multi tool, compass/carabineer and safety whistle. So, for less than a buck each, some good swag!

Secondhand stores, garage sales, just keep an open mind and you can find some cool stuff.

"Could be worse...could be raining"

I just go to my mother-n-laws garage and look around a bit for cool trinkets. She calls me a pain in the *ss but she usually hooks me up. Over the last ten months she has donated alot of cool items to trade and to put into our caches. Now with the spring coming up, maybe she will let me go through her attic! LOLOLOLOLOLOL icon_biggrin.gif

I personally like garage sales and flea markets better than the dollar store. If you search really hard, you can find cool trinkets for cheap. Sometimes you can even come across an antique thats worth cash. Now I know you can't find an antique or an unusual item at the dollar store. icon_confused.gif

Duane

Upinyachit

icon_smile.gif

Our feet go where the caches are! feet.gif