What do you call Jeremy and all the Groundspeak folks?

Rubbertoe

I'm not sure who all has a hand in running the site here, and I'm never quite sure how I should talk about them... I mean, what term I should use - but I've found something that seems to work well.

"the powers-that-be" (TPTB)

That throws a wide net over anyone that anyone that has a part in running things, be it Jeremy, the cache approvers, the marketing guys, etc.

One term that I'm starting to really not like is "geocaching gods" It seems that whenever there is a post referring to TPTB as "gods" it usually is negative. Like, when someone doesn't get a cache approved, or when changes are made to the site that people don't like right away.

Just curious what other people call Jeremy and company.

(boy, this is a dangerous question... heh) icon_biggrin.gif

geobanana.gif

The Toe Pages

But never to his face!

I can't really say what I would call them. I think I've called them staff, admins, folks at Groundspeak, the guys, and stuff like that there. But I like TPTB, works for me.

Cache you later,

Planet

spacecraft.gif

"It doesn't matter whether you're going somewhere or nowhere, whether you're doing something or nothing. If you're doing it in a boat it's the best time ever!" -Water Rat from "The Wind in the Willows" by Kenneth Grahame (a book I picked up in a cache)

I got my first actual e-mail from Jeremy saying that they linked to a local newspaper article on the site. Unfortunately, there was a typo the link so I replied with a suitably reverent opening, 'Wow! An e-mail from one of the real Geocaching Elders.....'

He replied quite dryly, 'Link fixed. Elder? Hmmm. I'm not Mormon, but whatever.'.

How about? Ammo Can Apostles or Those Who Gave GPSr's a Recreational Use