Etrex legend bike mount

I posted this last November in the old forums. This may be just what you are after...

I have invented the ultimate bike mount for handle bars. After hundreds of hours of design, consultant reports, beta testing, product development, field tests etc., it is ready for the official launch.

Although the components look like a piece of foam pipe installation taped to the handlebars and a couple of produce rubber bands, they are really all highly refined space age proprietary materials.

The GPSr is placed on the resilient foam like backing. This material prevents the unit from moving while providing excellent shock absorption.

The unit is held to the backing with two specially crafted bands of secret elastomer composition. These are looped around the top of the unit, under the handle bar and then around bottom of the unit once again. These bands are specifically designed to hold the unit in place though out the most extreme biking while at the same time will dislodge should a sever impact occur thereby preventing undue shock to the unit.

Patents are pending on this device. I assume Jeremy will want to offer these for sale on the site. As such, I need to hit the grocery store and pick up another bunch of asparagus!

MrGigabyte Bike Bar Mount...

bar0.jpg

bar1.jpg

12077_700.gif

The mount provided by Garmin works great. It's a 2-piece set-up. There's a replacement for the back cover that has a mounting clip attached, and the handlebar mount. Only drawback is that I can't put the unit in my RAM auto mount with the back on. Otherwise, I'd leave the back on all the time. Beware that some of the earlier mounts had a gasket that could separate from the back plate. If you lose the gasket, you won't get a tight fit when you attach the back.

PS_sig.gif

Well, I just ordered one of the etrex handlebar mounts for my bike at TVNAV. They had the best price I could find at $14. My only concern with the mount is that my battereis sometimes shift inside the unit and break contact causing the unit to shut off. I hope the battery cover that comes as part of the mount has some foam or rubber inside to help hold the batteries in place. If not I guess I'll just have to put some in there myself.

I'm not lost!

I just don't know where I am.

For a bicycle holder I have cut a bicycle inner tube into 1/4 to 3/8 inch strips. Used two of them slipped together with a larks head knot. Then one loop on the top/front of the GPS, under the handle bar and the other loop on the bottom. As an addition I wrap the neck strap around the inner tube behind the unit to take up slack and tighten the tube.