Celebration Time!! Wanna Gloat with me!!!

We are looking forward to loggini our 100th. This is quite an accomplishment and you have a right to gloat. But, check this: http://www.wi-geocaching.com/forums/Forum1/HTML/000047.html

Lil Otter's family is very proud of her. There is no reason to rain on your parade, that was not my intention. We are all happy for you and will support you through your 200th, 300th or whatever.

First off, CONGRADULATION's to Lil Otter. That is amazing!! I think going solo really helps. And to answer Bassoon Pilots question" favorite cache??" They have all had some great story, but my favorite was finding an old caretaker at a traditional cache which housed a virtual cache which was just down the road. This caretaker was very interested in caching and went along to find the traditional with us. When we opened the cache and found the envelope to the virtual, it was about a commercial plane crash which had happened even before I was born. It just so happened that this caretaker was the chief of the fire dept in that county. He was amazed, and I was amazed. Needless to say, he was exited to show us the crash scene and tell us many stories about that night. Thank you Mr Kennedy. That must of been a sight. And that is my favorite. SO FAR!!

I did my first hundred in exactly one year. I am hoping to do the second hundred in exactly six months (Aug. 24 is the day). I am at 173, so I will have to take a couple of days off soon and do some cache runs on the other side of town! icon_cool.gif Our recent GGA Challenge kept me very busy with the planning, but now that we are done I can focus on finding some caches myself. It is nice to compete against yourself with little personal goals!

#200 here I come!!!

I support the Georgia Geocachers Association, or the GGA!

I did my first hundred in exactly one year. I am hoping to do the second hundred in exactly six months (Aug. 24 is the day). I am at 173, so I will have to take a couple of days off soon and do some cache runs on the other side of town! icon_cool.gif Our recent GGA Challenge kept me very busy with the planning, but now that we are done I can focus on finding some caches myself. It is nice to compete against yourself with little personal goals!

#200 here I come!!!

I support the Georgia Geocachers Association, or the GGA!

I found my first cache in Sept 2000 and my 100th earlier this month. Back then there were hardly any caches around, so I had to wait for new caches to show up to hunt. This instilled a casual approach to geocaching which I've maintained and enjoyed ever since.

-

I am sitting at 99 finds right now and am looking for an exceptional cache to hit for number 100. I want to do one on a mountain top, one that is rated at least 4 terrain.

My wife says I'm addicted, I don't argue one bit.

The Church says that the Earth is flat, but I know that it is round. For I have seen the shadow on the moon and I have more faith in the Shadow than in the Church.

- Ferdinand Magellan

100 caches - wow!

Fran and I are only at 17, in our first month, and we marvel at your accomplishment, and that of the other cachers who have found so many!

We still can't seem to find more than 3 in a day, 4 in our best day, there's always that one cache that takes us forever!

I guess the 'new-bie' title is still true for us! icon_frown.gif

100 caches - wow!

Fran and I are only at 17, in our first month, and we marvel at your accomplishment, and that of the other cachers who have found so many!

We still can't seem to find more than 3 in a day, 4 in our best day, there's always that one cache that takes us forever!

I guess the 'new-bie' title is still true for us! icon_frown.gif

Congrats to all of you. I am testing my addiction now. I have worn my Vista out and it is off for warranty repairs. Guess I have to scout out new locations to hide caches until it gets back. How much is a basic yellow icon_wink.gif ... nah I can wait for it to get back... really I can.

Bruce

Congrats to all of you. I am testing my addiction now. I have worn my Vista out and it is off for warranty repairs. Guess I have to scout out new locations to hide caches until it gets back. How much is a basic yellow icon_wink.gif ... nah I can wait for it to get back... really I can.

Bruce

Its still about being out in the enviroment and meeting and talking to all the other cachiers who respect the sport. Congradulations to all who have found their first and relized its about seeing great places and you want to see more!! You will become "ADDICTED" Seeker

quote:
Originally posted by BassoonPilot:

Congratulations! If I remember correctly, on the occasion of one's 100th find, the tradition is to tell the crowd your favorite geocaching tale. Please do!

I made this event my 100th cache. Made it all the more worthwhile. There was much discussion on how we could somehow work the 12 caches at the event into our numbers. icon_biggrin.gif

(well, that and trying to keep majicman out of the potato salad before it was time.) icon_rolleyes.gif

beatnik

quote:
Originally posted by BassoonPilot:

Congratulations! If I remember correctly, on the occasion of one's 100th find, the tradition is to tell the crowd your favorite geocaching tale. Please do!

I made this event my 100th cache. Made it all the more worthwhile. There was much discussion on how we could somehow work the 12 caches at the event into our numbers. icon_biggrin.gif

(well, that and trying to keep majicman out of the potato salad before it was time.) icon_rolleyes.gif

beatnik