Data Cable

Got my data cable in the mail today. Ordered it from GPSgeek as I stated in another topic. Got it hooked up and had trouble at first. Easygps was giving me an error. I went through some protocol on it and found out I needed to update the software for my Geko 201. It had been updated 2 timess apparantly, with the last update of July 31. Got it uploaded and then retried the query again on Easygps and uploaded with no problem.

so for you Geko owners (and others that haven't updated your software, you might want to. If you don't have a cable for your unit and it will accept one, then I suggest getting one. I would order one online as it will save you at least 50% of the price. I got mine which was a data and 12v cigarette lighter adapter for less than $22 . And that was the price shipped and insured to me. Got it in 4 days.

Brian

As long as you're going to think anyway, think big. -Donald Trump

If you're the sort who loves maps, you'll want to try the ExpertGPS demo now that you've got a cable. It lets you overlay your tracks on topos and aerial photos (EasyGPS only does waypoints and routes). I've been having a blast with it lately, mapping park trails and taking it on bike and boat rides.

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

Well the mountain was so beautiful that this guy built a mall and a pizza shack

Yeah he built an ugly city because he wanted the mountain to love him back -- Dar Williams

cool you can do that on the demo?

I've got it working with GPXview on the pocket pc as well as MS Pocket streets on the pocket pc. I export the gpx file from the gpxview program over to the streets program. Now the caches show up on the map on there. Might be interesting to try the expertgps to see areas that aren't on a map in my pocket pc. It only allows you to download major towns.

Brian

GPSgeek is a seller on Ebay. It took me a while to find them on there but if you do a search of usernames you will find them. They sell strictly Garmin stuff I believe. Paid them by paypal on sunday, got the notice back that it was received. Then on Monday I got an email from them saying they had shipped it that same day and received it today, thursday. Pretty quick. They are on the west and we live on the east coast up in new england, so it was pretty good time.

Brian

Thanks Fro. I had figured it out a little while later. I downloaded and played with it for a little. Pretty neat. Looks like the next thing I will be getting probably. Am loving the MS Pocket Streets for the pocket pc using gpxview too. I brought up the Boston map and was looking at where there are caches at on the map. There is an area where it looks like I can easily get 10 or so in a few hours. Gotta plan a time to go and do that. Perhpas this weekend I will get a chance if the rain leaves.

Brian

Originally posted by Mushtang:

So what, or who, is GPSGeek? I thought it was a web site until I tried to go to http://www.gpsgeek.com and found nothing.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Mushtang,

I am with Gilsson Technologies - GPSgeek. We are the manufacturer of 45 different Garmin compatible GPS antennas, cables, neoprene carrying cases, data cards and mounting brackets. You can find our products at

http://store.yahoo.com/gilsson/ or

http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=32049213&ssPageName=L2

Please email us at sales@gilsson.com if we can be of service. Thanks !

Kindest regards,

Ming Ho

Gilsson Technologies - GPSgeek

www.gilsson.com