The day geocaching was a bummer for me...

Today we went to the cache we hid with our son. Thank God he is away at camp. We got word on the log that our cache was trashed. We went to check today. Sure enough everything was destroyed. The previous cacher who notified us, was kind enough to find our log sheet and put it back in. But when we opened the cache, we almost passed out. Someone thought it would be fun to pee as in URINATE in our cache. Our log is pee soaked and stinks. We wrapped it in a bag and I am going to try and air it out and just go make a copy of it.

What a bummer day of geocaching. We tossed out the container and will re-do and move the spot and edit co-ordinates later on.

[This message was edited by yummykaz on July 19, 2003 at 01:59 PM.]

Sorry to hear you've lost your first cache like that. It happens sometimes, but fortunately not very often. At least it wasn't anything worse than urine...

Bill

-------------------------------

"Ah, take the Cache and let the Credit go..."

The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, trans. Edward Fitzgerald

Sorry to hear that. Worst I've had some jerk photocopied his rearend and put that in my cache. (Then again, maybe it was his face).

My best advise is don't plant regular size caches in populated, easily plundered areas. If they're going to plunder one make them work for it. They are usually too lazy to hike and plunder.

4497_300.jpg

"See the wonderous works of Providence! The uncertainty of human things!" Geo.Washington

quote:
We wrapped it in a bag and I am going to try and air it out and just go make a copy of it.

[This message was edited by yummykaz on July 19, 2003 at 01:59 PM.]

I do not think it is that important. I would just let it go. The logs are on the internet.

That is just sooooo awful! Sorry that you had that experience! We too had to move a cache because someone thought that our nicely concealed cache spot would be a nicely concealed place to take a big ol' dump!! Talk about a nasty surprise while doing maintenance! At least it wasn't IN the cache container like yours was! Eeeewwww!!!

Dogs Have Owners....Cats Have Staff!!

quote:
Originally posted by Caching In:

EraSeek wrote:

quote:
(Then again, maybe it was his face).
dadgum-that made me laugh.

Wouldn't it be nice, just once, to walk up on some dip-sh*t pulling that stunt. OH MAN, POW!

I carry when I'm stumbling through the woods looking for tupperware. I'd hate to find a guy doing that I caught in the act. I'd be sooo pi**ed that it scares me... I think maybe I should just leave it at home and pummel his sorry a**! icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif