Strange device uncovered in Iraqi Museum

Alan2

News Flash from the Middle East: "American troops were ordered back to the Iraqi Museum when a secret vault was found apparently unlooted. They returned to protect what was left of the archeological treasures of antiquity.

Inside the darkened vault included ancient stone carvings of bulls and kings and princesses; copper shoes and cuneiform tablets; tapestry fragments and ivory figurines of goddesses and women and Nubian porters; friezes of soldiers and ancient seals and tablets on geometry; and ceramic jars and bowls, all dating back at least 2,000 years, some more than 5,000 years.

Rummaging through the dust and spider webs that had collected through time, a corporal found an unusual device inside an medium size urn manufactured during the Sumerian era which began about 3360 BC and started to crumble about 2000 BC.

Scrutinizing the device the soldier held a circular, stone-like disk smoothed on the surface. Carved on the top equidistant from each other were 4 symbols: < ~ > ^ In the middle was a ball like metalized orb that moved freely in a cutout. The orb seemed to be attracted to the soldiers Indian head nickel.

On the bottom of the device were scribed the letters of a cryptic alphabet of the mysterious past. An Iraqi archaeologist who has participated in the excavation of some of the country's 10,000 sites, Raid Abdul Ridhar Muhammad, was called in to translate. His best understanding came up with: Made in Sasnak by Minrag. The archeologist and his colleagues believe they’ve discovered not only an interesting toy of the past but are trying to determine just who these people are and where they came from.

Experts around the world are being called in. Hopefully the mystery will be solved shortly.”

Alan

I read about this too. Wasn't Minrag the half brother of Nimrag? One account has it that it was Nimrag, not Minrag, who made that ancient device. Some believe it was used to receive messages from the lost Sah'teh'lite tribe.

I've never been lost, but I was a might bewildered for three days once. Daniel Boone

quote:
...One account has it that it was Nimrag, not Minrag, who made that ancient device. ...

Yes. You are correct of course. The Reuters ticker garbled the transmission. Where did you learn so much about this ancient Kabob? Are you one of the investigators?

Alan

quote:
Originally posted by Alan2:

Muhammad, was called in to translate. His best understanding came up with: _Made in Sasnak by Minrag._ Experts around the world are being called in. Hopefully the mystery will be solved shortly.”

Alan

The mystery is now solved. An older American soldier looked at this and confirmed that the translation is: "Kilroy was here". icon_redface.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Zartimus:

My money is on Minrag! The Iraqi Information Minister never lies! See!

You got it wrong Zartimus my plundering friend! That's not the minister any more. He's really the aforementioned archeologist Raid Abdul Ridhar Muhammad. Now that Saddam is gone, the minister has returned to his regular occupation. icon_smile.gif

Alan

There is no device! Nor has there ever been a device! If there was a device-- which there is not-- god willing, it would be causing the Americans to commit suicide, as usual, and the British mercenaries would be hitting them with shoes!

... sorry. was channeling al-Sahaaf momentarily.

<3)~

Just saw on CNN (Clinton News Network)that they found the Mother of All GPS's in Iraq. icon_eek.gif

The unit is made by Nallegam and capable of extreme accuracy when equipped with the TR double E antenna with the ID-10t Waas satellite enabled.

Accuracy was tested at 5 cm. (country miles) This unit was personally tested by the Iraqi Information Minister to verify accuracy.

Former President Bill Klinton said that he was aware of the ID-10t Satellite several years ago. When asked if it was really capable of extreme accuracy, he stated, "Define accuracy". icon_rolleyes.gif

--------------

Changing some folks mind, is like trying to herd cats.

55883_200.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Tilt:

Sounds to me like the medallion that Indy used to find the Well of Souls in Raiders of the Lost Ark. If that's the Mother of All GPSs, then the Ark is the Mother of All Caches.

Perhaps this thing in Iraq is related to this cache by Hook.

I had a bad experience with that one...

1234749_500.jpg1234749_400.jpg

quote:
Scrutinizing the device the soldier held a circular, stone-like disk smoothed on the surface. Carved on the top equidistant from each other were 4 symbols: < ~ > ^ In the middle was a ball like metalized orb that moved freely in a cutout. The orb seemed to be attracted to the soldiers Indian head nickel.

Well since it doesn't seem to have any sharp pointy surfaces and prison work crew or cildren won't get hurt using it I guess it is OK to place it into a cache? icon_biggrin.gif

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

quote:
Originally posted by Cholo:

quote:
Originally posted by Cloak_N_Dagger:

Just saw on CNN (Clinton News Network)that they found the Mother of All GPS's in Iraq. icon_eek.gif

Update: CNN has been replaced by BBS (Bush BS) and that GPS thingy was a Quaker Oats box. icon_biggrin.gif

Cholo ... Sorry 'bout that, you may be right. I read it off the internet, so my info could have been screwed up. After all ... we know who invented the Internet. icon_biggrin.gif

--------------

Changing some folks mind, is like trying to herd cats.

55883_200.gif

speaking of Iraq...

I heard the military figured out a quick and easy way to get all those saddam statues demolished.

Let Rodney King drive around the city.

========================================

"The time has come" the Walrus said "to speak of many things; of shoes and ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and Kings".