The Official Geocache Honk

Please take a moment to realize how ridiculous this post got. I'm laughing my rear end off over here watching people trying to slight each-others intelligence-level, and argue about the value of a "honk" versus a "toot. Good stuff. How about get a megaphone instead and point it out the window and say "beep beep hooonk" as stated above, just so there won't be any confusion...

I'm being sarcastic.

Edited by Bookworm925

Please take a moment to realize how ridiculous this post got. I'm laughing my rear end off over here watching people trying to slight each-others intelligence-level, and argue about the value of a "honk" versus a "toot. Good stuff. How about get a megaphone instead and point it out the window and say "beep beep hooonk" as stated above, just so there won't be any confusion...

I'm being sarcastic.

To quote Criminal:

I can’t believe this came back, regurgitated actually.

Usually fellow cachers yell at us....and we can't always tell what direction the yell came from. The ones who said "it's behind you" must have had a real chuckle at us trying to work out where they were, never mind the cache! When we drive by someone, we usually wave and hold up a GPS.

Back when I was swinging wrenches on the flight-line, the slack jawed lazy ***holes would pull up in the truck to point out to you how you missed lunch. They got some sort of joy by pulling up in front of the airplane, blowing the horn, and making you walk to them. Sort of a power thing. . icon_frown.gif<!--graemlin::rolleyes:-->

Ha! How true I know the feeling! Especially when it's hot as balls and you can feel the air conditioned air rolling out the window!

One honk of the horn at a geocacher is fine, we've had that happen to us and it was no big deal, we're not in an urban area though. However, once we were working on a night cache and someone pulled up by our car and honked and honked for at least half an hour. We tried yelling to them that we were fine and to leave, but we were far enough away that they couldn't hear us. Finally they left, and we got back to DNFing the cache. So irritating. Personally I dont mind a regular honk that says Hi, I know what you're doing.

I'm being sarcastic.

Intelligence-level ??????