Chrismas present cache?

3fros

Got my new CMD Co Survival Staff by doing just that - following the coords! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif My friends were in a car and a truck across the street in a parking lot watching me. I was glad that they a) were keeping an eye on it, and B) saw me zero right in on it! icon_biggrin.gif It was a neat idea, even though I felt like I was on one of those "spy tv" shows (I had no idea I was being "watched"). icon_smile.gif

Grandmaster Cache

quote:
Originally posted by Smitherington:

I think Leprecaun (sp) is doing that with all his daughter's gifts. Sounds like a neat idea!

Yes indeed, I'll be hiding wrapped presents in the woods at some nearby parks. Inside of Hefty bags. But ONLY her outdoors/geocaching related gifts... Santa will still be delivering her toys the traditional way!

She will find a bunch of envelopes or little boxes that contain the coordinates to each present. Call those Stage one micros.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Next time, instead of getting married, I think I'll just find a woman I don't like and buy her a house.

I'm doing that for my brother. I had told him about Geocaching a while ago and he was interested, but not interested in putting up the $$ for a GPSr. So that's what I'm getting him for Christmas. I've already stored a waypoint in it nearby his house with a few other gifts for him, and he'll have to find them if he wants 'em. I'm probably going to go with him, and then fill the container with the normal cache treats and turn it into a real cache on here for the masses.

I’ve already done that. I bought a charter membership to Groundspeak for my Geocaching partner (Grey Wanderer). Then I put the validation number and the words “Grounsspeak Charter Membership” on a piece of paper then hid it out in his yard. On the inside of his Christmas card I wrote the coords and “You know what to do”. Our families exchanged gifts last night and lets just say he had a few rather colorful adjectives to describe me. Once he found it I was forgiven. icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by 3fros:

Just an idea. I don't know if anyone else has thought of this yet or not.

Are any of you going to hide any of your presents in the woods or wherever and then wrap the coordinates up and put them under the tree so the receiver of the present has to go out and find it?

Check out this one by Marwagsalot. Too bad I heard about it too late, or I would have hunted for it!

-------------------------------------

Becky Davis

San Jose, CA

How many geocachers can you fit into an ammo box?