Signature items only cache

bigredmed

I have been trying to think of a way of setting up a theme cache that would strive to slow the inevitable trashing of the cache with McToys and Geotrash.

I am considering making my next cache a members only theme cache in which visitors would take a signature item from the cache that would be specific for the cache, and would leave their signature item.

icon_smile.gif

Do you:

I'll vote 1 since I like the signature items, but...

1. People who generally leave geotrash - geotrash IS their signature item. icon_frown.gif

2. The cache would most likely be filled with local signature items.

3. Some people will leave non-signature items anyway.

Women are like guns, keep one around long enough and you're going to want to shoot it.

I picked the last option because I like the idea but don't have a sig item or an imagination. Hopefully I will get one of the two sometime soon.

All in all its a great idea. I would like to see a cache like that in my area.

And

AR, don't you think its time to sign up? icon_razz.gif

______________________________________________________________________________________

Proud New Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

I don't know.

I think that if you make it members only and w/ only signature items that you won't get as many visitors. At the same time, I see the idea of avoiding trash.

How about making it public with the goal of signature items but understanding if some junk gets left that is ok?

I for one am working on a signature item, but would want to vist the cache before then and not leave junk. I figure that if you make the cache public, but with the goal clear, that it could work?

Don't think it would work. Plenty of people just print the page or download the coord's then head out to find the cache while knowing nothing about it. Once they find it, my guess is they'll leave what they were going to leave anyway.

I think it's a little too particular...

Charlie

"One should never begin a journey by heading in the wrong direction."

quote:
Originally posted by Acceptable Risk:

palm crap doesn't interst me...

Just so you know, the Pocket Queries can be used with EasyGPS. They're power searches (by type, found/not found, with travel bugs, and more) that you can run up to once a day, and you get five of them. The info on this site regarding them does not make that clear; it plays up the PDA aspect of them.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

I think that I will aim for a cache that has a cache-related signature item for people to take as a trade item, but will leave it non-members only. I will set it up as a theme cache. The theme idea seems to be working well on my urban cache at Laurizen Garden.

By appointment to the Court of HRM Queen Mikki I.

Hey bigredmed! Lauritzen Gardens is a great cache! Yes, the theme seems to be working, although I will be the first to admit that we didn't stick to it too well when we visited it. We hadn't read the description closely enough! Anyway, my Pikachu travel bug left from there recently. It's a great cache for bugs since it is just off I-80.

I recently placed a theme cache (Spring Creek Nature Cache). I am curious to see how well the theme sticks. I did put in the description that if people wanted to leave non-theme signature items or couldn't come up with something to leave, that was ok.