Deep Thoughts-By Jack Handi

LQQKING4U

Off topic?

quote:
Too bad it will get sh*t canned for being off topic.

Not possible in this thread!

OT:

The playground party has grown away

Like the wind, to never return

To games, and swings and slides.

The games remain, though, like the merry-go-round

For the children in new costumes.

==============="If it feels good...do it"================

**(the other 9 out of 10 voices in my head say: "Don't do it.")**

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Not sure if this is a deap thought but it sounds like one: Friends will help you move. Good friends help you move a body.

The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.

If you're a horse, and someone gets on you, and falls off, and then gets right back on you, I think you should buck him off right away.

If trees could scream, would we still cut them down?

Well, maybe if they screamed all the time, for no reason.

Click here for my Geocaching pictures and Here (newest)

quote:
Originally posted by LQQKING4U:

When I read books, I hear this voice in my head that sounds like me. Why does it sound like me and not somebody else?

hmm... going off on a tangent with this... several years ago I had a job where I was able to listen to books on tape as I worked. Several of my favorite authors had the same guy reading the books (unabridged versions), and after a while when I was actually reading books, it was *HIS* voice I heard in my head!!!

I walk the Maze of Moments, but everywhere I turn to, begins a new beginning, but never finds a finish... -Enya, Anywhere Is

quote:
Originally posted by Squirrel Nut:

quote:
Originally posted by LQQKING4U:

When I read books, I hear this voice in my head that sounds like me. Why does it sound like me and not somebody else?

hmm... going off on a tangent with this... several years ago I had a job where I was able to listen to books on tape as I worked. Several of my favorite authors had the same guy reading the books (unabridged versions), and after a while when I was actually reading books, it was *HIS* voice I heard in my head!!!

I walk the Maze of Moments, but everywhere I turn to, begins a new beginning, but never finds a finish... -Enya, Anywhere Is

I liked Blackstone Audio Books - they were all unabridged. http://www.blackstoneaudio.com/

And if you like that - I have enjoyed these tapes of college courses (I've only listened to the music related ones, though).

http://www.teach12.com/teach12H1.asp?rai=80010&

I always liked:

If you ever fall off the Sears Tower, just go real limp, because maybe you'll look like a dummy and people will try to catch you because, hey, free dummy.

and:

I bet the main reason the police keep people away from a plane crash is they don't want anybody walking in and lying down in the crash stuff, then, when somebody comes up, act like they just woke up and go, "What was THAT?!"

and everytime my wife and I see a burned down building, we laugh, and go right into:

One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to DisneyLand, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said, "DisneyLand burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real DisneyLand, but it was getting pretty late.

"I'm 35 Years old, I am divorced, and I live in van down by the river!" - Matt Foley