What extra gear do you carry??

K2

Being a avid hiker I kind of use the same gear for Geocaching.Walking down the trail today I thought about my gear on my back and wonder what other cachers was taking with them.With caches getting deeper and deeper in the woods.I think we are past the stage of tennis shoes and a g.p.s.Over the years alot of things have come and gone in my pack,but here what has stayed.

CamelBak Blowfish 100oz resovor with a tube cover to keep that first drink cool.Cell phone,Mag.330 g.p.s., I.D.,Small first aid kit,Sawyer extractor,Silva Explorer compass,extra AA batts.,Lighter,Matches,Gerber multitool,MiniMag flashlight,Knife,Short leanth of cord,A little duct tape,10 bucks,Small bottle of bug spray,Camera, G.O.R.P.,Walking stick,Maps.

Do your self a favor and dump your cotton clothes and buy socks,shirts made wth wicking fabric.This may seem like alot,but when you are a few miles out it can be a life saver.Just wanted to see what you folks carry,maybe I can dump something and improve it with something else.Thanks K2

Hey Magic, if you get tired of yours, I'll swap monkeys with you for awhile.........

Just make sure it's a toothless helper monkey and not a helpless toother monkey.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

What is the price of experience, do men buy it for a song,

Or wisdom for a dance in the street.................

quote:
Originally posted by majicman:

quote:
Originally posted by Criminal:

Hey Magic, if you get tired of yours, I'll swap monkeys with you for awhile.........

Just make sure it's a toothless helper monkey and not a helpless toother monkey.

How about a monkless tooth helper?

--majicman

Now why would I want to carry a dental hygenist with no connections to monasticism? Thanks for the offer, but no. icon_biggrin.gif

evilrooster

-the email of the species is deadlier than the mail-

quote:

quote:

--majicman

Now why would I want to carry a dental hygenist with no connections to monasticism? Thanks for the offer, but no. icon_biggrin.gif

evilrooster

quote:
Originally posted by K2:

Walking down the trail today I thought about my gear on my back and wonder what other cachers was taking with them.With caches getting deeper and deeper in the woods.I think we are past the stage of tennis shoes and a g.p.s.Over the years alot of things have come and gone in my pack,but here what has stayed.

CamelBak Blowfish 100oz resovor with a tube cover to keep that first drink cool.Cell phone,Mag.330 g.p.s., I.D.,Small first aid kit,Sawyer extractor,Silva Explorer compass,extra AA batts.,Lighter,Matches,Gerber multitool,MiniMag flashlight,Knife,Short leanth of cord,A little duct tape,10 bucks,Small bottle of bug spray,Camera, G.O.R.P.,Walking stick,Maps.

Do your self a favor and dump your cotton clothes and buy socks,shirts made wth wicking fabric.This may seem like alot,but when you are a few miles out it can be a life saver.Just wanted to see what you folks carry,maybe I can dump something and improve it with something else.Thanks K2

OK, You silly-willies! Can we get back on-topic here (Sheesh!)

K2,

From reviewing your "original post" (back on topic), I have a suggestion for something that you need to take with you. Some extra spaces! They are extremely useful for putting between the periods at the end of one sentence and the capitalized first letter at the beginning of the next sentence. (Kinda like I am doing here.But not here.Or here.)

These extra spaces can really elleviate eye-strain on the reader who hits those periods and then his eyes get jerked outta their sockets and fly across the room smashing into his monitor due to the completely unexpected Capitalized First Letter of the next sentence being found immediately after the heretofore mentioned period without the intervening space. (Run-on sentence example!)

Once you have used all needed spaces to properly separate the line-ending periods from the beginning letters of the next sentence, you will still have ample spaces left. Here are some silly suggestions as to what you might use these extra spaces for:

1.) You could rent some of them out (people are always looking for spaces to rent.)

2.) You can add extra room to you home (honey, I like the extra space in here!)

3.) Give some to NASA (after all, they Administer it!)

4.) Give some to your teenage kids (who always need more space.)

5.) Take some yourself and just get "spaced" out.

6.) Keep a few in your geocaching backpack in case you come to a full cache, you could add some space to it without having to remove any items.

7.) Rent it out to Wiley Coyote (he needs it to go along with his portable hole that the Roadrunner stole from him.)

8.) Put some on your desk at work.

9.) Put some in my head (although it is already Full of Space!)

10.) Start your own EST group and use them as trinkets to give to your proponents.

Above all, don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive!

--majicman

(NEVER get "off-topic." These threads are ALL far too serious for that!)

quote:

quote:

--majicman

In my experience, you can't go wrong with a hunky rootless empath and a honkless mothy leper.

SimonG

Sergeant!

Right, far too silly - Chaps - BACK ON TOPIC... March!

--majicman

BigSig rules to live by:

1.) Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive!

2.) There is NO... Rule #2.

3.) NEVER get "off-topic." These threads are ALL far too serious for that!

quote:

Sergeant!

--majicman

BigSig rules to live by:

Majicman, do you have the words "on" and "off" mixed up? For someone who is to thread topics what a large rock is to train tracks (derails everything in seconds), you seem to have some strange illusions about yourself. icon_wink.gif

evilrooster

quote:

Sergeant!

--majicman

BigSig rules to live by:

Majicman, do you have the words "on" and "off" mixed up? For someone who is to thread topics what a large rock is to train tracks (derails everything in seconds), you seem to have some strange illusions about yourself. icon_wink.gif

evilrooster

What was that all about majicman,when the only thing you have to do is to jump on me for my grammar,spaces and things like that it makes me think that you may have too much T I M E!! If you are getting eye strain that bad you may spend to much time behine a computer.So get a L I F E!!

As for a toothless helper monkey I have had two of them so far and they are worth the extra weight. S P A C E S S P A C E S P A C E

Sorry but just giving you a hard time majicman.

quote:
Originally posted by K2:

(Impertinent stuff ommited!) Sorry but just giving you a hard time majicman.

KayTwo,

--clip from old Groucho movie--

Gamerson: Now, you said a lot of things here that weren't pertinent to the subject, so I have just omitted them.

Groucho: What! You've omitted the body of the letter! Allright, send it that way and tell them the body will follow.

Gamerson: Do you want the body in brackets?

Groucho: No, it'll never get there in brackets! Put it in a box. And mark it Fra-Gill-Ley.

--clip over--

KayTwo,

In reply to the remainder of your post:

huhhhh - you said "hard"... huuuhh.

(Hey, I kin take a joke jez az good az the rest ofem!)

--majicman

BigSig rules to live by:

lol good one love it.......

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by evilrooster:

I carry a 15-month old toddler with me in a backpack. He's not much use, but he's good company. icon_biggrin.gif

Would you consider adding a toothless helper-monkey too?

--majicman