Html Error means FUN

fairplay

Fix it. I tried to read it but it would take me too long waiting for it to come around again to get the next part. And then again and again. have you tried printing it at different times to see what comes up? If I wanted to get dizzy I'd stand up and spin around until I fell down. And try clicking on a link!

Cache you later,

Planet

I feel much more like I do now than when I first got here.

No offense meant, but visiting that page felt like I was inside a schizophrenic's head. I removed the marquee.

Unfortunately in the future we'll probably be more restrictive with html for this reason. Improperly closed tags especially cause headaches in the eBook generation process.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location™

Either the fix its have already won out or I'm looking at something completely different. The only scrolling I see is the spinning scouts logo? What did I miss? icon_confused.gif

I must have gotton here just behind JI, since his post was not ther the first time I was at this thread.

Darn.

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

quote:
All of the logs for the page were scrolling left on the page. It's what happens when you don't close a marquee html tag.

for clearing that up. Now about these frogs I'ms eeing all over the place. What do they do? I tried advanced search, but inly found a droll thread in the UK forum. So what do they signify? icon_confused.giffrog.gif

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

quote:
Originally posted by Sc out:

Hi every one.

By accident or let's say by error I made this Html description of my new cache. Try it out.

icon_biggrin.gifhttp://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=59613 icon_biggrin.gif

What's our opinion, should I leave it like that or not ? I think the scrolling looks funny. Does anybody else have something similar ? icon_razz.gif

I'm really hopeful that there's a special place in hell for people who add background music to web pages when there's no particular reason for it.

How does do the folks at www.htmlcodetutorial.com feel about your deep linking to their content? Some people call this 'bandwidth theft'. I sure don't care for it when people deep link to images on my web site in this way.

icon_geocachingwa.gif

I'm with the general consesus for fixing the page and I agree with Kodak's4 that embedded music in web pages is not a good thing. For this reason, I leave my speakers off so when I'm surfing the web, I don't encounter unwanted noise. It's better to have the page silent as a default and provide the user a link that will provide music if he/she wants it. However, I suspect, most of us don't want embedded music in web pages.

Ok, let's start with the beginning.

I informed the guy's from htmlcodetutorial about the link and that I wasn't informed about 'bandwidth theft'

quote:
How does do the folks at www.htmlcodetutorial.com feel about your deep linking to their content? Some people call this 'bandwidth theft'. I sure don't care for it when people deep link to images on my web site in this way.

Second thing is, THIS WAS ONLY A SIMPLE QUESTION ! I got your opinion now, it's all right. This was a try and nothing else. SO STOP SENDING ME FXXXX icon_mad.gif MAILS WITH STUPID INSULTS !! The first time I got mails, was a week ago when we created a LOVE'n PEACE Cache which was first accepted and than immediately archieved. I got at least twenty mails from stupid guys, with all kinds of insults.

This time is the same, some of you have learned to say their opinion, and I have learned to accept others opinion (especially when I ask for it)

But what I cannot stand are insults in any way. Believe me I'll answer all that mail this time, with some surprise!

Thanks to all the others who simply told what they were thinking.

icon_razz.gif

donate_blood_md_wht.gif

hello