V3.14 software for Magellan 315

Guest echosgold

Guest echosgold

.outdoor-dog.com/Geocache" TARGET=_blank>www.outdoor-dog.com/Geocache

[This message has been edited by echosgold (edited 28 May 2001).]

Guest Ron Streeter

Mine is working fine. I assume you had it reading in miles and that it went from .03 to .02 and then .01 miles.

Now it should go into feet when you get just below .01 miles. The reading of 527 feet should count down as you walk.

Why not try it with your home as the goto and then go a few blocks away and use the goto to go home. You should see the countdown and maybe this will confirm or deny your concern about the fluctuation.

It's a start anyway.

Ron

Guest ericdb1

My 320 has also been upgraded to the 3.14 firmware. I have not had any problems with it after the update or before. As for fluxuation in distance readings, those I am learning are due to a number of factors. Everything from time of day, weather, surroundings, and even the coordinates you are trying to find. I am learning that the GPS will get you very very close, but I have hit only one cache to date where my GPS read the exact coordinates that were listed on the site.

I love the added feature of seeing the DIST count down in feet now. Nice little security blanket while out hunting.

Eric icon_smile.gif

Guest ericdb1

My 320 has also been upgraded to the 3.14 firmware. I have not had any problems with it after the update or before. As for fluxuation in distance readings, those I am learning are due to a number of factors. Everything from time of day, weather, surroundings, and even the coordinates you are trying to find. I am learning that the GPS will get you very very close, but I have hit only one cache to date where my GPS read the exact coordinates that were listed on the site.

I love the added feature of seeing the DIST count down in feet now. Nice little security blanket while out hunting.

Eric icon_smile.gif

Guest rusty

I recently upgraded my 315 and it bounces around a lot in cover. It might show I need to go 20 ft at bearing 350 but if I go there it will show 10 or 20 ft in a different direction and never actually hits rigth on. The same with just watching the lat/lon screen for the exact coords. Before the change the distance reading was almost worthless.

I've had better luck taking readings from 3 or 4 different spots once I know I am really close and just triangulating the position.

If I'm in the clear with a good 3d fix my readings are pretty steady.

Rusty...

Guest echosgold

Thats the problem I having, the bouncing around. Telling me 20 feet, 19, 18 then doing a 180 and telling me 50 feet in the other direction. I could not find version 3.12 on the Magellan website so I guess I will have to get used to it. Maybe beacause it is showing in feet now, its easier to see the inaccuracies of a GPS.

------------------

Echosgold

www.outdoor-dog.com

www.outdoor-dog.com/Geocache

Guest scott

quote:
Originally posted by echosgold:

Maybe beacause it is showing in feet now, its easier to see the inaccuracies of a GPS.

Thats it, right there. The 315 finally caught up to the limits of the GPS signal, now if we could just get auto-averaging user selectable... icon_wink.gif

-scott

Guest scott

quote:

Maybe beacause it is showing in feet now, its easier to see the inaccuracies of a GPS.

Thats it, right there. The 315 finally caught up to the limits of the GPS signal, now if we could just get auto-averaging user selectable... icon_wink.gif

-scott

Guest Iron Chef

quote:

Thats the problem I having, the bouncing around. Telling me 20 feet, 19, 18 then doing a 180 and telling me 50 feet in the other direction. I could not find version 3.12 on the Magellan website so I guess I will have to get used to it. Maybe beacause it is showing in feet now, its easier to see the inaccuracies of a GPS.

Echo, check out http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:yvMAlwnNjC0:www.magellangps.com/downloads/gps315v3.12.htm+GPS+315+software+3.12&hl=en it's a cached copy of an old Magellan page for the firmware version 3.12 download. And I just checked it and the file is still on the Magellan servers. You might want to save it on your website or something as such for the future too.

Enjoy!

------------------

-Iron Chef

_ _ _________________ _ _

agefive.com/geocache/

"But a big booming voice from the sky is exactly what you have found..."

-Contact

Guest Silver

quote:
Originally posted by Iron Chef:

Yea, i know what you mean when not too many people usen the UBB code. It's too bad since it is made to be as easy as possible by cutting a lot of the nonsense out of HTML. :~)

Ack! Another mile-long url... icon_smile.gif

Silver

Guest Silver

quote:
Originally posted by Iron Chef:

Yea, i know what you mean when not too many people usen the UBB code. It's too bad since it is made to be as easy as possible by cutting a lot of the nonsense out of HTML. :~)

Ack! Another mile-long url... icon_smile.gif

Silver

Guest Iron Chef

~)

...ok, ok, i'll admit to being a lazy bum that time. only reason i didnt take the 2 seconds (im really lazy) to do the ubb is because it fit on my screen no prob so i figured it wouldn't be an issue... ok enough of me trying to cover my ***. [smacks head] dammit.

[This message has been edited by Iron Chef (edited 31 May 2001).]