New "My cache page"

CWL

Ok, Now I really am getting used to the new format of the site.

I was a little off when you had to see all the caches mixed together from the link from my home coords and disliked having to goto the "Hide and seek a hide" and retype my coords and filter out my finds.

But now with the new version! I really like it now!! If it helps out with the speed of things this is a major upgrade! Thanks Jeremy!

and hey... how about making it so we can log our finds, manage our caches, etc. We've all been stuck out here since the weekend.

Log in... it logs us out... log back in... it logs us back out. Time for the Geo-Orkin Man.

Bill of Green Achers

''There's three kinds of people in the world... Those that can count - And those that can't.''

quote:
Originally posted by Green Achers:

Log in... it logs us out... log back in... it logs us back out. Time for the Geo-Orkin Man.

Please post to the "Geocaching.com Discussion Forum" for issues with login. We've resolved the majority of the login issues. If you're still having them I need more precise info.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location™

Somehow the running total of caches within 100 miles of my home coordinates was lost and a different (and larger) number showed up. It was fun to see how the number grew with new caches and I miss it. I also kind of miss the separation of caches I found and those I haven't. I guess I get used to this in time. Progress I guess.

quote:
It's growing on me...Most people resist change.

Yeah, my reaction to change is almost always initially negative and then when I give it a chance, I see the improvements. I agree that is a pretty normal reaction.

quote:
I'll probably reduce the distance to 100 miles from 150. You can always up it on the "hide and seek a cache" page.

I can see why that would be good for people in metro areas, but for people like me in rural areas, I kind of like 150. Still, you are right that it can be checked from the "hide and seek" page.

pokeanim3.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Sebastian:

Junglehair, I don't see any "filter finds" option when I go to My Cache Page.

You may not have defined a home location. edit your account details to add coordinates to enable this feature.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy (Admin):

quote:
Originally posted by Green Achers:

Please post to the "Geocaching.com Discussion Forum" for issues with login. We've resolved the majority of the login issues. If you're still having them I need more precise info.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

My problems appear resolved. Thanks Jeremy.

quote:
''It's growing on me...Most people resist change.''

No problems with change here... as long as the change isn't kicking me out of play!! I really like the new looks. Just didn't realize change was happening until I lost my access.

Anyway, it looks more usefull now. I'm going back to play with the new features. Thanks again.

Bill of Green Achers

''There's three kinds of people in the world... Those that can count - And those that can't.''

quote:
Originally posted by FenrirWolf:

How do I get the map representation of my state, in order to find caches in a certain park/area?

When you are looking at one of the local cache pages, you should see a link near the top that will say In Maryland, United States (state map). It should appear just above the date the cache was hidden and the waypoint number. If you click that link, it will take you to the state map. Alternatively, you could just go to http://www.geocaching.com/map/MD.asp.

-Junglehair

There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy:

I'll probably reduce the distance to 100 miles from 150. You can always up it on the "hide and seek a cache" page.

Glad to see this too. If you're anywhere near a large town, the list goes on and on and on. I kinda thought 150 was a little too much. Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by Huntnlady:

Why can't we filter out the archived caches? Those are just annoying to see on the page.

To the contrary, it is important for temporarily disabled caches to be listed. (Archived caches are not listed in the search results.) Seeing a disabled cache lets you know not to go look for it right now, until the owner fixes it. I have temporarily disabled caches many times, for a few days or a few weeks, when there's been a problem. If it's been disabled for too long (months...), then it ought to be archived. If there's a disabled cache that bothers you, write to the owner and ask that it be repaired and reactivated, or else archived. Please also see the discussion of this same question in the geocaching.com forum.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Some mornings, it just doesn't pay to chew through the leather straps. - Emo Phillips

quote:
Originally posted by FenrirWolf:

How do I get the map representation of my state, in order to find caches in a certain park/area?

Buxley's and skip the rest.

CK

--

Geocaching: The World's Finest Outdoor Geeking

"Oh, look at me. I'm off with my way cool friends to sniff floor wax." - Brian, 'My So-Called Life'