Celebrity geocachers?

Does anyone know of any "celebrity" geocachers? Considering the level of activity down in L.A., I'm sure there's at least a few fellow cachers who are celebrities. What about news anchors, radio personalities, politicians, musicians, etc.? Local or national, it doesn't matter.

Just curious...

*Barefoot*

SOUNDS COOL icon_cool.gif

how about helping me with finding film set's and turning them into geocaches?

they are realy popular!!!

make shure you number them in accordance to any other film site cache number.

just pute film set in the word search

welcome to MY world!!!

------------------------------------------------------------

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CacheAcrossAmerica

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest_cache.asp?u=KD7MXI

http://www.cachunuts.com

SOUNDS COOL icon_cool.gif

how about helping me with finding film set's and turning them into geocaches?

they are realy popular!!!

make shure you number them in accordance to any other film site cache number.

just pute film set in the word search

welcome to MY world!!!

------------------------------------------------------------

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CacheAcrossAmerica

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest_cache.asp?u=KD7MXI

http://www.cachunuts.com

quote:
Originally posted by Alan2:

WHo is Wil Wheaton?

You're kidding, right? Maybe not everyone on the Internet is a Star Trek geek after all. Wil was Ensign Wesley Crusher on Star Trek: The Next Generation. He was also one of the kids in the movie "Stand By Me". Details.

Star Trek fans on the Internet pretty much singled out Wesley Crusher for all sorts of abuse--he was young, he was a wünderkind, and he wasn't interested in space nookie . There was (and still is) a USENET group called alt.ensign.wesley.die.die.die.

From reading his web site, Wil seems to take his noteriety pretty well.

If all this is over your head, nevermind.

-E

--

N35°32.981 W98°34.631

quote:

WHo is Wil Wheaton?

quote:
Originally posted by TresOkies:

You're kidding, right? Maybe not everyone on the Internet is a Star Trek geek after all. Wil was Ensign Wesley Crusher on Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Sorry to give my age away but what's The New Generation? I remember seeing the original Star Trek shows with Shatner et al on broadcast TV.

Geek? What's a geek? If you explain that to me I'll tell you what broadcast TV is.

Alan icon_wink.gif

quote:

WHo is Wil Wheaton?

quote:
Originally posted by TresOkies:

You're kidding, right? Maybe not everyone on the Internet is a Star Trek geek after all. Wil was Ensign Wesley Crusher on Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Sorry to give my age away but what's The New Generation? I remember seeing the original Star Trek shows with Shatner et al on broadcast TV.

Geek? What's a geek? If you explain that to me I'll tell you what broadcast TV is.

Alan icon_wink.gif

quote:

If you explain that to me I'll tell you what broadcast TV is.

I got laughed at a couple of months ago because my TV still has knobs you have to turn to change the channel. And no remote control, of course. (The dish controller has a remote, though, so except for turning it on/off, I can still be a couch potato.)

-------

"I may be slow, but at least I'm sweet!" 196939_800.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by BassoonPilot:

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

Now this is just a rumor, but I heard from someone who knows someone who knows him, that the Geocacher who goes by the name of Stayfloopy is really Nick Nolte.

Well, if you want to see what "Nick Nolte" really looks like, click

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cachelog_details.asp?ID=41921&L=316612.

I'm sure there's a surgical solution to that flag growing out of his head. Poor guy! At least it isnt a propellor ! icon_biggrin.gif

9929_1400.gif

quote:
Originally posted by BassoonPilot:

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

Now this is just a rumor, but I heard from someone who knows someone who knows him, that the Geocacher who goes by the name of Stayfloopy is really Nick Nolte.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cachelog_details.asp?ID=41921&L=316612.

I'm sure there's a surgical solution to that flag growing out of his head. Poor guy! At least it isnt a propellor ! icon_biggrin.gif

9929_1400.gif

quote:
Originally posted by The Artful Dodger:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cachelog_details.asp?ID=41921&L=316612

Yeah, I thought I recognised him from that movie 48 Hours!

In the GPS model of the universe, the shortest distance between two points is a straight line...through creeks, thorn bushes, horse piles, whatever....

quote:

No, no! As I understand it, Christopher Lloyd wasn't available and Roy Walston is still dead, so "Mr. Nolte" is working on his "Uncle Martin" look for the "My Favorite Martian" sequel. icon_wink.gif

quote:

No, no! As I understand it, Christopher Lloyd wasn't available and Roy Walston is still dead, so "Mr. Nolte" is working on his "Uncle Martin" look for the "My Favorite Martian" sequel. icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by ClayJar:

I was hoping this thread was talking about people like Markwell and I. Oh, well. icon_biggrin.gif

Believe me, we talk about you all the time.

My person pick is that T-Storm is really Nichole Kidman and that Brokenwing is Brian O'Halloran. (Since he's always clowning around)

quote:
Originally posted by ClayJar:

I was hoping this thread was talking about people like Markwell and I. Oh, well. icon_biggrin.gif

My person pick is that T-Storm is really Nichole Kidman and that Brokenwing is Brian O'Halloran. (Since he's always clowning around)

quote:

Maybe it is just me, but I have always thought that A.D. looks a lot like Kevin Costner, what with those shades and all.

Is there something you want to tell us, Dodger?

icon_biggrin.gif

Me, I've only masquerading as RedwoodRed. In real life, I'm Jessica Rabbit.

jess.gif

----------

Lori aka: RedwoodRed

KF6VFI

"I don't get lost, I investigate alternative destinations."

GeoGadgets Team Website

Comics, Video Games and Movie Fansite

quote:

Maybe it is just me, but I have always thought that A.D. looks a lot like Kevin Costner, what with those shades and all.

Is there something you want to tell us, Dodger?

icon_biggrin.gif

Me, I've only masquerading as RedwoodRed. In real life, I'm Jessica Rabbit.

jess.gif

----------

KF6VFI

GeoGadgets Team Website

quote:
Originally posted by Eric O'Connor:

And YOU get talked about quite a bit here, as well... and are missed.

It has been my assumption for some time that Choberiba is somebody famous... or he'd post a picture of what he REALLY looks like... instead of teasing us with pictures of his overly large GPS!

I'm guessing that he is John Travolta... no, then he'd be spouting that L. Ron Hubbard stuff...

How about Robin Williams? No, he's funny, but not THAT funny...

Maybe Jerry Rice or Joe Montana... the area he lives in is right...

Well, Chobe? Am I even close?

----------

KF6VFI

GeoGadgets Team Website

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Thorson:

Isn't Jimmy Hoffa buried in the the end zone of the Jets/Giants stadium. Finding him would be pretty interesting.

Oh wait. You said celebrity GeoCachers, not celebrity geocaches. Never mind.

ROTFLMAO !!!! icon_biggrin.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------

Co-founder of the "NC/VA GEO-HOG ASSOCIATION"

... when you absolutely have to find it first!

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Thorson:

Isn't Jimmy Hoffa buried in the the end zone of the Jets/Giants stadium. Finding him would be pretty interesting.

Oh wait. You said celebrity GeoCachers, not celebrity geocaches. Never mind.

ROTFLMAO !!!! icon_biggrin.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------

Co-founder of the "NC/VA GEO-HOG ASSOCIATION"

... when you absolutely have to find it first!

quote:
Originally posted by The GeoGadgets Team:

And YOU get talked about quite a bit here, as well... and are missed.

I wouldn't want to take a vote, but thanks.

quote:
It has been my assumption for some time that Choberiba is somebody famous....Well, Chobe? Am I even close?

I'm really Ronny Cox.

quote:
Originally posted by Moosiegirl:

OK I give, WHO is Kevin Bacon?? (just kidding had to say it after someone didn't know Wil Wheaton.)

I'm the guy who didn't know who this guy Wheaton is. Now Kevin Bacon I know. Wasn't he one of the Men in Black?

alan

quote:

I'm the guy who didn't know who this guy Wheaton is. Now Kevin Bacon I know. Wasn't he one of the Men in Black?

You're kidding, right? The "MIB's" are: Tommy Lee Jones and Will (Prince of Bel Air) Smith.

Kevin Bacon was "Hollow Man", among other things. Kevin is also famous for - though I don't believe he invented it - Six Degrees of Separation. The theory being that every actor in the U.S. is within six degrees of separation from having appeared in a movie with Kevin Bacon. He is starring in a weak TV commercial about Visa Checkcards that uses this theory as the commercial's premise.

At one time, there was actually a popular website called www.sixdegrees.com. I got bored with it pretty fast. It reminded me too much of MCI's Friends and Family sign up program.

Is that enough banal trivia for you?

----------

KF6VFI

GeoGadgets Team Website

I wouldn't go so far as to say I invented the "Back to Bacon" game, but I used to play it a lot here with many people who are 1's and 2's. I am terrible with names, so I always lost. That is, until I discovered this...

The Oracle of Bacon at Virgina

Half my life is spent explaining to Christians why I am a deadhead. The other half is spent explaining to deadheads why I am a Christian.

-Dru Morgan www.theheavenlyhost.com

quote:

quote:

You're kidding, right? The "MIB's" are: Tommy Lee Jones and Will (Prince of Bel Air) Smith.

Is that enough banal trivia for you?

----------

Lori aka: _RedwoodRed_

Ok Ok Ok. Don't get snippy. So now I got one for you. who really is Redwood Red?

alan

quote:

You're kidding, right?

Well, she said something like that when Alan admitted not knowing who Wil Weaton is. How many here can name the actress that played his mom (Dr. Crusher) without googling/seeking an answer. (I can't)

Wil may be talented, but he's not exactly a household name... Like that bald-egotist who played the Captain, everyone knows his name.

Two Since I'm here, I'd like to admit that two extremely sucky things happened this weekend. First I rented "Freddie Got Fingered" and then my Venture fell out of my pocket while flying a kite with my kid.

The movie was so bad that it qualifies as the worst experience though.

Even the commentaries were god-awful to listen to.

I still have my III+ so I can't complain too much.