Celebrity geocachers?

quote:
Originally posted by Eric O'Connor:

Well, she said something like that when Alan admitted not knowing who Wil Weaton is. How many here can name the actress that played his mom (Dr. Crusher) without googling/seeking an answer. (I can't)

Oh, come on now. Even I know that one. Farah Faucett!

alan

quote:
Originally posted by Alan2:

Ok Ok Ok. Don't get snippy. So now I got one for you. who really is Redwood Red?

Well, I don't think that I resemble any movie star or famous person. You can see a photo of what I resemble HERE, but that is an older photo. I still look something like that, just, well, older.

As you can see, I come by the moniker RED honestly and if you look close enough, you might see the freckles and eyebrows that are tell-tales signs that I'm a true redhead. As for the REDWOOD part... well, I live in the Redwoods of Northern California. I have always thought that it was a fitting handle/nickname for myself. It beats the CB radio handle that I carried around for 20 years: Queen Of Hearts. Off with his head!

----------

Lori aka: RedwoodRed

KF6VFI

"I don't get lost, I investigate alternative destinations."

GeoGadgets Team Website

Comics, Video Games and Movie Fansite

quote:
Originally posted by Alan2:

WHo is Wil Wheaton?

Alan

Wil Wheaton, what about KernBob, isn't he a famous artist? and Choberiba one of his collectors?

There will be a series of outdoor art caches soon.

In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few. -- Shunryu Suzuki

Drive Fast, Take Chances. --(amongst others) Jon Bedford

quote:
Originally posted by Kernbob:

Wil Wheaton, what about KernBob, isn't he a famous artist? and Choberiba one of his collectors?

While it's true that I am an avid collector of all things Kern, I'm afraid that you'll need a greater following to be considered a true celebrity.

ObTopic: If a major celebrity (like Salma Hayek, Ben Affleck, Chris Rock, Matt Damon, George Carlin, Alanis Morissette, Jason Lee or whoever) were to place a cache. Would you be more motivated to find it than if it were to be placed by regular folk?

Depends on the celebrity. The only reason I might hunt for a cache placed by Ben Affleck is because he might put something related to “Sum of All Fears” - same way I might search out a Wil Wheaton cache for some ST:TNG memorabilia.

Now if Ozzy Osbourne placed a cache, I'd actually go out of my way NOT to find that cache. icon_razz.gif (just kidding for all you Ozzy fans).

Markwell

My Geocaching Page

Depends on the celebrity. The only reason I might hunt for a cache placed by Ben Affleck is because he might put something related to “Sum of All Fears” - same way I might search out a Wil Wheaton cache for some ST:TNG memorabilia.

Now if Ozzy Osbourne placed a cache, I'd actually go out of my way NOT to find that cache. icon_razz.gif (just kidding for all you Ozzy fans).

Markwell

My Geocaching Page

Originally Quoted by Choberiba:

ObTopic: If a major celebrity (like Salma Hayek, Ben Affleck, Chris Rock, Matt Damon, George Carlin, Alanis Morissette, Jason Lee or whoever) were to place a cache. Would you be more motivated to find it than if it were to be placed by regular folk?

Er.. I got news Chobe..

If Salma Hayek ever placed a cache, nobody better dern well get in my way, cuz you'll think the Tasmanian Devil just went by you, trying to get there 1st, just to see if her scent is still on the container. It will probably be in a cave full of Vampire Bats and be called "From Dusk Till Dawn Cache". I'll be the guy on the end of the table drinking Wiskey from her TOES.... GULP!!!

icon_biggrin.gif

Buck8Point

Buck8Point

-------------------------

If I can't Fix it, It's Definately Broke

Originally Quoted by Choberiba:

Er.. I got news Chobe..

If Salma Hayek ever placed a cache, nobody better dern well get in my way, cuz you'll think the Tasmanian Devil just went by you, trying to get there 1st, just to see if her scent is still on the container. It will probably be in a cave full of Vampire Bats and be called "From Dusk Till Dawn Cache". I'll be the guy on the end of the table drinking Wiskey from her TOES.... GULP!!!

icon_biggrin.gif

Buck8Point

Buck8Point

If I can't Fix it, It's Definately Broke

Now, if Sean Connery, Mel Gibson or Kevin Costner (in that order0 placed a cache, no matter where it was, I'd be on the next transport in that direction! But heck... you could say that about any cache within a hundred miles of me!

So, who has written to Wil Wheaton to volunteer taking him Geocaching? I don't live anywhere near him, but I think he probably wouldn't mind it if the person wasn't a slavering idiot about the whole thing (not like me around the above mentioned male actors, right?).

Personally, I think that if we got The Shrub involved in geocaching, that would be fun... can you imagine the secret service guys out hunting in the wilds of Alaska for an ammo can?

*bzzzzt!* "Eagle Two, this is Eagle Four... have you sited the goal?" *bzzzt!*

*bzzzt!* "Negative Eagle Four, and the Boss Eagle is getting pretty uncomfortable in the limo... can you speed this up?" *bzzzt!*

----------

KF6VFI

GeoGadgets Team Website

Tsk Tsk Tsk

I'm so disappointed in you folks.

That entire list of actors appeared in my favorite movie. (No cheating by heading to the IMDb)

*bzzzzt!* "Eagle Two, this is Eagle Four... You know, I'm just not feeling fresh today?" *bzzzt!*

*bzzzt!* "Roger that Eagle Four, we'll swing by Walgreens on the way home" *bzzzt!*

quote:

Tsk Tsk Tsk

That entire list of actors appeared in my favorite movie. (No cheating by heading to the IMDb)

*bzzzzt!* "Eagle Two, this is Eagle Four... You know, I'm just not feeling fresh today?" *bzzzt!*

*bzzzt!* "Roger that Eagle Four, we'll swing by Walgreens on the way home" *bzzzt!*

You know, I hate to "strike back" here, but I think you're "chasing amy" on that one, Chobe. I mean, you sound like a "clerk" or a "mallrat" with this kind of speculation. You've been hitting your "secret stash" and spouting "dogma" again... I HATE that! I think your "view" is "askew", "Bluntman". Why bother? Your attitude is "chronic"!

'Nuff Said!

Comic books? Me? Nah....

----------

KF6VFI

GeoGadgets Team Website

quote:

Tsk Tsk Tsk

Sorry Chobe...

DOGMA was a cool movie, but Salma was MUCH HOTTER in From Dusk Til Dawn...

hehhehe

Buck8Point

Buck8Point

If I can't Fix it, It's Definately Broke.

quote:
Originally posted by VentureForth:

If I could just hang out in a bar with Jimmy Buffett for a couple hours, I think he would go for Geocaching...

I think he would be the coolest geocaching buddy - next to Oregone.

---------------

http://www.scubaboard.com/images/smilies/wavey.gif Go! And don't be afraid to get a little wet!

Well, if I ever see him here in Tallahassee (I'm pretty sure he has a home here) in Cabo's, I'll be sure to tell him all about it.

abduct.gif

quote:
Originally posted by The GeoGadgets Team:

You know, I hate to "strike back" here, but I think you're "chasing amy" on that one, Chobe. I mean, you sound like a "clerk" or a "mallrat" with this kind of speculation. You've been hitting your "secret stash" and spouting "dogma" again... I HATE that! I think your "view" is "askew", "Bluntman". Why bother? Your attitude is "chronic"!

While some might consider it "Vulgar" to start "Drawing Flies" around that "Big Helium Dog" of an argument you were trying to make. I'm not that much of a "DareDevil".

Red - if you get a chance to watch the movie "Drawing Flies" (Jason Lee seeking bigfoot in black-n-white) I suggest you go right to the commentaries (best part IMHO)

Watching all these independent flicks has me all geared up to produce the first geocaching movie. How do you think Tresokies will look in fishnet stockings?

quote:
Originally posted by VentureForth:

If I could just hang out in a bar with Jimmy Buffett for a couple hours, I think he would go for Geocaching...

I think he would be the coolest geocaching buddy - next to Oregone.

---------------

http://www.scubaboard.com/images/smilies/wavey.gif Go! And don't be afraid to get a little wet!

At a concert a few months ago, a parrot head friend of mine (who got me hooked) said Buffet was already doing it. He talked about it a bit on stage and was working on a song for it. My friend reports it was actually a bit of a parody.

Geocachers don't NEED to ask for directions!