Coolest and Lamest cache contents.

Eric K

Coolest:

A Leatherman tool. OK, it wasn't exactly in the cache, it was on the ground about 6 feet away. Another cacher must have dropped it.

Lamest:

Either a half of stick of chewing gum, a feminine hygiene product(still wrapped), or a neckplace made from PBR bottle caps.

Now where did I park my car??????? monkes.gif

[This message was edited by Runaround on August 17, 2002 at 09:48 PM.]

No lame contents. Just contents I'm not interested in. I'm way past collecting things found in a cache. While I enjoy finding actual caches, I enjoy virtuals and locationless caches too. It's just fun playing with the gps.

Favorite item in a cache... A can of bug spray.

Favorite virtual....a stripers tattoo

favorite locationless.... a striper

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

Coolest was probably a coin from Hong Kong with a neat story as to how it got there.

Lamest was either a broken watchband or some chewed bubblegum (which might have actually been silly putty that had melted, but there was no container for it inside the cache).

But it does HAVE to be a physicle cache. I am not a vert fan but have hunted them before...

quote:
Originally posted by Harrald:

Coolest thing = _a dry logbook_

Lamest thing = _a damp logbook_

I guess that about sums it up for me. icon_smile.gif

====================================

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

"My gps say's it RIGHT HERE".

http://www.geogadgets.com

But it does HAVE to be a physicle cache. I am not a vert fan but have hunted them before...

quote:
Originally posted by Harrald:

Coolest thing = _a dry logbook_

Lamest thing = _a damp logbook_

I guess that about sums it up for me. icon_smile.gif

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

"My gps say's it RIGHT HERE".

http://www.geogadgets.com

quote:
Originally posted by Lazyboy & Mitey Mite:

OK, don't leave us hanging. You have to explain this one icon_razz.gif

My lamest: Nothing - nice container, pen & logbook, no other contents.

Coolest: A hand-crafted birdhouse about 2 feet high and 30 inches wide. Actually there were 3 keys and one of them unlocked a case in the cache hiders driveway with the house inside. I took the 2nd key and it didn't fit, the next person got it.

Rusty...

Rusty & Libby's Geocache Page

quote:
Originally posted by Lazyboy & Mitey Mite:

OK, don't leave us hanging. You have to explain this one icon_razz.gif

My lamest: Nothing - nice container, pen & logbook, no other contents.

Coolest: A hand-crafted birdhouse about 2 feet high and 30 inches wide. Actually there were 3 keys and one of them unlocked a case in the cache hiders driveway with the house inside. I took the 2nd key and it didn't fit, the next person got it.

Rusty...

Rusty & Libby's Geocache Page

quote:
Originally posted by Runaround:

Lamest:

Either a half of stick of chewing gum, a feminine hygiene product(still wrapped), or a neckplace made from PBR bottle caps.

A PBR bottle-cap necklace!?!?! You GOTTA send that up to Oregon--it sounds awesome!

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

Lame: Mussel shell. Maybe not so lame in central USA, but cache was right on the coast, hundreds of them within 100 feet.

Cool: Anything my son is happy with.

I think it'd be interesting to have a thread on the lamest/coolest we left too! I only have 11 finds but can allready think of a few that looking back where so-so, but nothing too bad. Third one I did I forgot my container of goodies at home, so we left a roll of electrical tape I had in my truck. But it was new and the good 3M $3.50 a roll stuff. I'm watching that cache hoping someone will need some someday!

There are a lot of judgemental people in the world, and I think all those people are worthless dirtballs.

Coolest: A small toy shuttlecraft from Star Trek, The Next Generation (Ok, so I'm easily amused!).

Lamest: That's a toss up between the muddy, beat up golf balls and the cardboard coasters you get at restaurants. I've seen a LOT of each and I have no idea why.

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again."

Mt. 13:44

The coolest item would be a geocaching.com T-shirt.

The lamest would have to be a cache container that once had baby bum wipes in it but now contained a very well used mac toy and something else that I can't remember. It was so lame even a pair of cruthes wouldn't help that one.No log book just an A4 with a few lines printed on it. Not even folded neatly. Needless to say we didn't write much on the cache site.

The funniest one is a snow ball(the shake snow sort) with the pics of Ideology geocaching team in it.

quote:

Maybe I'm a little dim, but, what's a "striper"? Do you mean "stripper"? If so, spill the beans! icon_smile.gif

-------------------------------------

Becky Davis

San Jose, CA

Amy rules the Big Brother 3 house, and DruMorgan throws tennis balls at it!

quote:

Maybe I'm a little dim, but, what's a "striper"? Do you mean "stripper"? If so, spill the beans! icon_smile.gif

-------------------------------------

Becky Davis

San Jose, CA

Amy rules the Big Brother 3 house, and DruMorgan throws tennis balls at it!

Coolest: A pen, with a mini compass on a red strap (that matches my backpack), attached to a caribeener. Every geocacher needs a pen and a compass now and then. Later the same day, in a different cache, my wife got a green one too. icon_cool.gif

Lamest: wet stickers (which are lamer than dry stickers). icon_mad.gif

Coolest: A pen, with a mini compass on a red strap (that matches my backpack), attached to a caribeener. Every geocacher needs a pen and a compass now and then. Later the same day, in a different cache, my wife got a green one too. icon_cool.gif

Lamest: wet stickers (which are lamer than dry stickers). icon_mad.gif

How interesting it was to read this thread! Lots and lots of different items that certainly earn their label!

I think the coolest thing I have found was a 1905 indian head penny. All those years and it ended up in a cache! icon_biggrin.gif

The coolest virtual one would be the yellow jeep wrangler. I looked for days for that jeep and finally found it at my son's school! icon_cool.gif

The lamest would have to be, yes, the ever-so-famous used golfball! icon_eek.gif

Candie

Upinyachit

icon_smile.gif

Our feet go where the caches are! feet.gif

How interesting it was to read this thread! Lots and lots of different items that certainly earn their label!

I think the coolest thing I have found was a 1905 indian head penny. All those years and it ended up in a cache! icon_biggrin.gif

The coolest virtual one would be the yellow jeep wrangler. I looked for days for that jeep and finally found it at my son's school! icon_cool.gif

The lamest would have to be, yes, the ever-so-famous used golfball! icon_eek.gif

Candie

Upinyachit

icon_smile.gif

Our feet go where the caches are! feet.gif

So many cool things... Best was a nice, brand new Schrade pocket knife. Two others that stick out in my memory are a Kickin' Granny Action Figure (Grumpy granny teacher look - push a button, and her leg kicks out!) and a "Jack" action figure from Jack In The Box.

Lamest were wet temporary tattoos & stickers.

---------------

wavey.gif Go! And don't be afraid to get a little wet!

Coolest: a 6 inch tall pewter dragon figure. (no, I didn't take it)

Lamest: Wet Cigar.

Maybe we should add to this thread by stating what we think the coolest thing and lamest thing we ever left in a cache (if you will fess up)

My Coolest: A toss up between a good silva compass or a $10 scrimshaw pocket knife.

Lamest: My signature item. originally a CD with shareware and USAPhotomaps burned on it, now just one of these cheesy plastic aliens like in my avatar.

Most original: In my best (and only icon_rolleyes.gif) cache to date, I left several copies of a magazine that describes the construction of the Sandia Tram (which is visible overhead from the cache site) and the details on a plane crash that happened very near the cache site. A little history lesson, if you will. Some visitors to the cache also find the article on indoor hiking in the same magazine very amusing.

Coolest: a 6 inch tall pewter dragon figure. (no, I didn't take it)

Lamest: Wet Cigar.

Maybe we should add to this thread by stating what we think the coolest thing and lamest thing we ever left in a cache (if you will fess up)

My Coolest: A toss up between a good silva compass or a $10 scrimshaw pocket knife.

Lamest: My signature item. originally a CD with shareware and USAPhotomaps burned on it, now just one of these cheesy plastic aliens like in my avatar.

Most original: In my best (and only icon_rolleyes.gif) cache to date, I left several copies of a magazine that describes the construction of the Sandia Tram (which is visible overhead from the cache site) and the details on a plane crash that happened very near the cache site. A little history lesson, if you will. Some visitors to the cache also find the article on indoor hiking in the same magazine very amusing.

Coolest -- a laser pen. My daughter just got a cat and we love watching the cat chase the light.

Lamest - play money, made worse by being soaked.

Coolest thing I ever left was probably a pocket pack of Kleenex as part of a new cache I placed. Why cool? Because the person who took it said in the log that their glasses had fogged up on the way to the cache and their cold was making breathing impossible. The Kleenex was a lifesaver, in his own words.

Lamest: 1/2 a pack of M&M's, business card

Coolest: a real silver dollar

Coolest thing I've left: I'd really like to have some of those nice geocoins, but they are way out of my financial league. So I make 2.5" buttons (the pin-on kind). It's fun to come up with different designs. They seemed to be well-liked because they're usually traded quickly. Here's a photo. The real thing is more high res than this.

icon_wink.gif

-honeychile-

'*+.,_,.+*'`'*+.,_A joyful heart is good medicine!_,.+*'`'*+.,_,.+*'`

Lamest: 1/2 a pack of M&M's, business card

Coolest: a real silver dollar

Coolest thing I've left: I'd really like to have some of those nice geocoins, but they are way out of my financial league. So I make 2.5" buttons (the pin-on kind). It's fun to come up with different designs. They seemed to be well-liked because they're usually traded quickly. Here's a photo. The real thing is more high res than this.

icon_wink.gif

-honeychile-

'*+.,_,.+*'`'*+.,_A joyful heart is good medicine!_,.+*'`'*+.,_,.+*'`