Longest trip on cache

As of today I'm on 2 weeks vacation....yeeehaaa.

We're heading to Colorado Springs tomorrow to see my brother and plan to geocache through Nebreska along the interstate. We'll also do some geocaching around the Springs area and a little West of there. Are there any caches near there that are a MUST DO?

Have a great day.

Bob

PARENTS....THE ANTI-DRUG

I will have to speak to some of my old contacts on the International Space Station

to see if I can get in touch with one of the astronauts.

It won't be a vacation cache if he places it himself, though he won't be able

to check it very often.

Hey skycop... if you have a fulsize of your avatar picture, please email me a copy, okay?

I hope that someday we will be able to put away

our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

I drove 900 miles to log a cache in Vermont. Not sure it counts since I was on a business trip and was driving that direction anyway.

But I did route my entire journey with an eye on logging the cache. When I left my front door I turned on my GPSV and had it route me to the cache and used the GPSr to guide me on the entire trip there and back.

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

"Never declare war on a man who buys his ink by the gallon."

quote:
Originally posted by Cincinnati Bearcaches:

was thinking more on the lines of hiking biking, canoeing. But 1000 miles driving in 2 days of cacheing can be tiring as well..

I've gone on many recent caches that were about 4 mile roundtriup hikes (if that's what you are looking for). I'm luckey becuase I'm very close to Big Basin State Park and Henry Cowell Park (home of the giant redwoods) and there are some great hikes/caches here. The most recent was about a 1.5 mile hike in with an elevation gain of about 1,000 feet.

Water was my precious....love the precious.....the heat, it burns us!

Geez, I forgot my most-favorite caching ride.

A local cacher challenged me to find a certain cache on my bike.

The cache was located on a long single-track around a lake, so I arranged with a friend to borrow a mountain bike.

I rode the 25 miles to the park, met my friend and we rode ~6 trail miles to the cache, and then I rode home. I about collapsed from the heat (literally) on the way home, but I felt great once the deed was done.

Jamie