What is your favorite kind of Geocache?

quote:
Originally posted by compass_bearing_north:

What is your favorite kind of geocache? frog.gif

I didn't vote, cause you didn't put O-I like em ALL! Only problem we have out here is that there are so few. I have to be careful or I will run out. This is why I do a lot more hiking and helping than I do caching.

Also, you forgot Benchmarks.

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Warrior:

quote:
Originally posted by compass_bearing_north:

What is your favorite kind of geocache? frog.gif

I didn't vote, cause you didn't put O-I like em ALL! Only problem we have out here is that there are so few. I have to be careful or I will run out. This is why I do a lot more hiking and helping than I do caching.

Also, you forgot Benchmarks.

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

Sorry, I only could place 5 choices.

Your Poll is faulted because a virtual cache and a locationless cache are NOT the same thing.

I have hunted traditional caches and virtual caches so far.... I may be get around to other types when I get a chance.

Dale

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm Diagonally Parked, In A Parallel Universe.

--------------------------------------------------------

Traditional!!!!

I like traditionals the best.

I HATE virtual caches!!!

Further more I don't like micros very well either. I like caches that are away from people, hidden in the woods. Living in a big city there are so many caches that are hidden in neighboor hood parks, that are very difficult to find with out being seen.

So many caches are just placed randomly around, with very little thought as to traffic in the area. A lot of these caches don't last very long and they seem to fill up with junk rapidly.

Why can't people put a little more thought into placing there cache?

Take Care

Rocketman1

quote:
Originally posted by rocketman1:

Traditional!!!!

I like traditionals the best.

I HATE virtual caches!!!

Further more I don't like micros very well either. I like caches that are away from people, hidden in the woods. Living in a big city there are so many caches that are hidden in neighboor hood parks, that are very difficult to find with out being seen.

So many caches are just placed randomly around, with very little thought as to traffic in the area. A lot of these caches don't last very long and they seem to fill up with junk rapidly.

Why can't people put a little more thought into placing there cache?

Take Care

Rocketman1

Good Thinking icon_smile.gif

I prefer either a traditional, or multi that takes me to an interesting area. If a good, stiff hike is involved, all the better. I'm not fond of "drive and dumps" and the "park somewhere and walk 500 feet into the woods" type caches.

"You can only protect your liberties in this world, by protecting the other man's freedom. "You can only be free if I am" -Clarence Darrow

Would yall like some cheese with that whine?

I too like to hunt each and every one of the various types of caches, all of them. To me it gives Geocaching a better cross section of possibilities. To those who "hate" one type or another, or don't like "drive & dumps", etc, etc, just follow the advice of all the smart alecs in the forums.... move on and get over it...LOL. I get so tired of seeing that in here.

If it is so important to some of you to run down other types of caches than the ones YOU prefer, more power to ya, but I do hope that some day you actually get a life. Just a suggestion, you are not obligated to do anything with it, just passing it on, no charge.

It's a game folks, enjoy it or don't do it would be my advice. Reminds me of the old joke:

"Why are you hitting yourself in the head with that stick?"

"Because it feels so good when I stop!"

So either keep on hitting yourself in the head with a stick, or just pick out the caches you enjoy from the website and go hunt them. Those that you don't like, DON'T HUNT THEM!!!

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

My favorites are caches where you have to solve some trig or geometry problem to obtain the actual coordinates. For some twisted reason, I find these most rewarding. A cache with a good climb to the peak of some landmark feature is great too. Combine the above, have my boys join me, thrown in one of my lovely wife's lunches, and I've got the best weekend I can imagine! I guess that's a traditional cache, it is for me anyhow.

I've never been lost, but I was a might bewildered for three days once. Daniel Boone

I like all caches but my favorites are the ones the placer puts thought into.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.

quote:
Originally posted by Gaddiel & OrangeDanish:

I'm with DesertWarrior, I like 'em all. We are kinda "cache-poor" around here, so ANY cache is a good cache!!

There ya go, sometimes is just a matter of perspective....

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

Just went on my first night cache, but you didn't offer that category. It was a great time, and I can't wait to do it again...only this time i'll keep my light on the trail so i don't fall over that pile of logs and have my water bottle, tablet and flashlight fly into Salvelinus who was walking ahead of me...how did he miss these logs?

"The more I study nature, the more I am amazed at the Creator."

- Louis Pasteur