Vandals defile my cache, then log it!

I deleted their logs on my cache page. I am posting them in the hope staff can contact these guys. Here they are:

April 4 by SatansSengrein (1 found)

You can [delete] or [permanently encrypt] this log entry.

Me and 4 other friends of mine attend Warwick High School, but one day we skipped class and accidentally stumbled upon a box in a burlap bag while exploring due to us dropping acid. We looted the box of everything cool (Digimon keychain and a pokemon card) and then attempted to defficate into it. With failed crapping attemps (due to stagefright andnon-stop laughter) we dicided to urinate into the box for an un-suspecting visitor. we proceeded to coat the other gifts with urine and then covered the box and placed it in the burlap bag. we recoreded our find and actions. then we walked away with aching sides from so much laughter. the cache find thing is a great idea and a wonderful joke for 5 dilenquent skippers to do. thank you Cache Find icon_smile.gif and may Satan himself bless you all.

-Sengrein

April 4 by hgkjk (skippin) (1 found)

was skippin

found cache on accident

urinated in it

had a lot of fun

took the pokemon card and keychain

[last edit: 4/4/2003 2:51:28 PM PST]

skipd class

found cache on accident

took pokemon card and keychain

urinated in the box

had a lot of fun

April 4 by SatansSengrein (0 found)

why is Cache Find removing this chache???

quote:
Originally posted by Criminal:

Hmmm......Sounds like a good reason for __not__ putting the website on the cache container. This was always my biggest worry about the whole method. Once some jerk gets the skinny on how the system works, it won't be long befor other area caches are "found". icon_frown.gif

Sorry to hear this!

I had a cache stolen within the last two days. It was completely hidden from view in a swampy, tick, snake,chigger and mosquito infested spot. Unlikely spot for kids or passerby. I firmly believe it was stolen because the general public can access the coordinates and the spoiler hint. Please don't mention MOC option, that is not the problem. Some of my most trusted cacher friends are not paying members.

It is the easy access that the general public has to our cache information. And I don't mean that every Joe-blow is out plundering caches, it is the unusual jerk that has nothing better to do. Or just kids that have not grown up yet.

Would it help if we at least require anyone that wants to see the hint to be logged on, and maybe even the coordinates?

What do you think?

I read some of the old threads on this subject and realize this has been a problem for awhile

I have flouted the wild, I have followed its lure, fearless. familar, alone; yet the wild must win, and a day will come when I shall be overthrown. By: Robert Service

Most people are honest but no matter what "sport" it is there will always be a few bad apples to spoil it for others.

If you make it too difficult for the casual cacher to get the info needed to seek the caches then we will lose some cachers and eventually we lose enough then the "sport" will die anyway.

If I understood this correctly, they stumbled upon the cache. They found the web site due to it being made available in the cache. Accidental @sses. As angry as it makes me when people are knobs, I really don't think we will be doing the sport justice by allowing them to prevail. If the sport gets 10 new members for every jerk, I think we are winning. icon_wink.gif

MMmmmmm pie!

Considering the type of person(s) this would supposedly be, isn't there something a little odd about the wording used in the log entries...? The total lack of profanity, the 'here I am' mention of a high school, even the syntax used seems somehow 'wrong' (when was the last time you heard a group of high school kids refer to themselves as '5 dilenquent [sic] skippers'?).

Something tells me that perhaps all is not as it might first appear with this...

quote:
Originally posted by Cache Canucks:

Considering the type of person(s) this would supposedly be, isn't there something a little odd about the wording used in the log entries...? The total lack of profanity, the 'here I am' mention of a high school, even the syntax used seems somehow 'wrong' (when was the last time you heard a group of high school kids refer to themselves as '5 dilenquent [sic] skippers'?).

Something tells me that perhaps all is not as it might first appear with this...

Could be a sick April Fool's Joke? I hoping that what it is.

quote:
Originally posted by Kingsman:

"...If you're implying I fabricated this, believe me, I have much better things to do with my time..."

No, that absolutely was *not* what I was suggesting. I merely meant that the phraseology used in the log entries (and their overall content in general) struck me as being out of character for a group of teens who would do something like this ...almost as though someone were trying to deflect guilt to 'those darn kids' - know what I mean? Or perhaps the whole thing *is* a 'joke' (lets hope).

[This message was edited by Cache Canucks on April 04, 2003 at 08:41 PM.]

We have visited this cache (took us a more than an hour to find it too!)

Hmmmmm....High schoolers that still think Digimon and Pokemon are "cool". No wonder they don't have anything better to do.

I'm sorry this happenned to your cache. Just hope that is the last we hear from them.

Cacheola Crew

"You have brains in your head; You have feet in your shoes.

You can steer yourself any direction you choose.

You're on your own. And you know what you know.

And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...."

Dr. Seuss

quote:
Originally posted by Cache Canucks:

I got the same impression. Awful mature sounding to be doing something like this. Plus the lack of colorful language is very curious.

My vote is "hoax." At least on the part of who did it.

And on the notion of leaving an info sheet, I thinking the pros of leaving one far outweigh the cons.

CR

72057_2000.gif

Hoax or not, this is a good reason to make sure your cache is hidden in a manner that it won't be accidently discovered. I've found quite a few caches that were in then open, or poorly concealed in high traffic areas. They are just asking for something like this to happen.

"You can only protect your liberties in this world, by protecting the other man's freedom. "You can only be free if I am" -Clarence Darrow

The only thing I can think of is the culprit or culprits must be friends of Saddam Hussein. icon_mad.gif

For anyone even to think of doing such an act is SICK There isn't anything funny about this situation and not even an insane clown would think it's funny. So I bet it was just a one time hoax and probably won't happen again.

The consequences would be severe if they were caught.

Duane

Upinyachit

icon_smile.gif

Our feet go where the caches are! feet.gif

the language and spelling of the children seems on target to me. the reference to pokemon and digimon being cool were strange, but only really indicitave that the children are younger.

still,, kids who fancy themselves satanists often think of themselves as erudite and they often are emotionally immature. the angry intelligent youth who lag emotionally tend to be attracted to those games. it also has a counter-cultuer thing if the culture you're trying to counter is mainstream teeen.

anyway, i figure the miscreants to be 11-14 years old.

do not try this at home. i am a professional.

it doesn't matter if you get to camp at one or at six. dinner is still at six.

quote:
I had a cache stolen within the last two days. It was completely hidden from view in a swampy, tick, snake,chigger and mosquito infested spot.

Sounds like a really nice spot. It's too bad that I'm not in the area or I'd have wanted to go check it out. I figure that if you have to go through all that trouble to get there then the view must be worth it.

It’s confirmed. The little creeps did urinate into my cache. I’ve removed the plundered cache and will place another nearby in a couple of weeks. Hopefully these guys will move on to another hobby soon. I’m a bit concerned with the perpetrator that relieved himself into the container… he appeared to be more than a bit dehydrated. I recommend laying off the sodas.

quote:

It’s confirmed. The little creeps did urinate into my cache. I’ve removed the plundered cache and will place another nearby in a couple of weeks. Hopefully these guys will move on to another hobby soon. I’m a bit concerned with the perpetrator that relieved himself into the container… he appeared to be more than a bit dehydrated. I recommend laying off the sodas.

That's totally sick!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by evergreenhiker!:

"...That's totally sick!!!!!..."

It probably happens more times than any of us would like to think. After I logged an urban park cache in a residential area near Tacoma WA, the cache was... shall we say... 'visited'. In that case, it wasn't until the next GeoCacher (timing is everything) came across the defiled cache that its organically enhanced condition became known.

Who knows what goes through some peoples heads at times...

icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm happy the little meatheads decided to log their misdeed. As it turns out, no unsuspecting cachers were violated. I had been thinking of moving this cache to a much better spot I had identified in the same park, this just gave me a reason to do it. Best of all, we have a new cacher. I recruited a passing mountain biker when I went in to clean up.

quote:
It’s confirmed. The little creeps did urinate into my cache.

Prosecute. It may have been on public land, but the cache is still private property. IIRC, you have to validate your e-mail account before you can post any logs, so you've got at least two sources for the source IP address - Groundspeak and their e-mail provider.

I'd be happy to help track these punks down in any way I can. I really think that an example needs to be made of them.

--

sigimage.php

icon_mad.gifYa know,I have been a log in member of this site as Jan.of this year.Reading and posting on this forum has been interesting as well as entertaining,I have had more laughs than I can count.However,after reading Kingsmans posting,my blood is boling.Talk about sick,misguided,knuckelheaded punks,these pukes whould make a satanist ashamed.I say if there is a way to find out who they are...bring them to thier knees!!!

I reported what happened to my cache... no word yet from the Groundspeak staff. The vandals posted another log on my cache page:

April 6 by SatansSengrein (1 found)

i would like to know why this cache is down. and we do not drink much soda, remember, we were on acid, and thank you for the keychain and pokemon card. -Sengrein

[last edit: 4/6/2003 2:08:44 PM PST]

and we do not drink much soda, remember, we were on acid, and thank you for the keychain and pokemon card. -Sengrein

QUOTE]

Does this mean that they're also reading the forums, since you made mention of this in an earlier post, or did you also post it to the cache page?

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

I doubt these kids have GPSrs I dont think there would be much chance in them finding another one. But, it seems to me that by simply archiving the cache without public mention of why--either on cache page or in forums, and also notifying groundspeek would be the way to go..By not acknowledging what they did, it would probably lose the fun for them, and make it less likely that they would do it in the future if they get the chance.

you know what town they're in. you know the name of their school, and you know what day they were skipping. notify their school. you won't hear back from the school, but they might be able to use the information in ways that would please you.

it doesn't matter if you get to camp at one or at six. dinner is still at six.

Unfortunately this sounds just like what happened to one of my caches a few weeks ago. Some type of thing, kids stumble across the cache, plunder it, then urinate into and on the remaining items. They did not leave a post on the site, but they did leave a message in the cache. It said something to the effect *thanks for the goodies. left a little present for the next person*. It was signed *NATAS* with a picture of an upside down star. Punks. I went and replaced the cache in a slightly different, and more secluded spot. Not much you can do about it, except hide the caches better I guess...

Coyote Fan

Recieved a very professional email from the staff. Thought I'd share it and put this thing to rest.

The email:

I found the IP address, which was an apparent Verizon static IP address

via DSL. I banned the account and I banned the IP address from

accessing

the site.

>From past experiences, my suggestion would be to ignore the

individual.

I'm not a psychologist but the usual reason why someone does this is to

get attention due to their lack of self confidence. Ignore them and

they'll go on to the next stupid pet trick.

Sorry to hear this happened to you. Fortunately it's a rare occurance.

Jeremy

quote:

Best of all, we have a new cacher. I recruited a passing mountain biker when I went in to clean up.

You did make it clear to him that this isn't what you're supposed to do when you find a cache, right?

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

"Winter's just the curtain. Spring will take the bow"

-- Richard Shindell, Spring

quote:

I deleted their logs on my cache page. I am posting them in the hope staff can contact these guys. Here they are:

April 4 by SatansSengrein (1 found)

Me and 4 other friends of mine attend Warwick High School, but one day we skipped class and accidentally stumbled upon a box in a burlap bag while exploring due to us dropping acid. We looted the box of everything cool (Digimon keychain and a pokemon card) and then attempted to defficate into it. With failed crapping attemps (due to stagefright andnon-stop laughter) we dicided to urinate into the box for an un-suspecting visitor. we proceeded to coat the other gifts with urine and then covered the box and placed it in the burlap bag. we recoreded our find and actions. then we walked away with aching sides from so much laughter. the cache find thing is a great idea and a wonderful joke for 5 dilenquent skippers to do. thank you Cache Find icon_smile.gif and may Satan himself bless you all.

-Sengrein

was skippin

found cache on accident

urinated in it

had a lot of fun

took the pokemon card and keychain

[last edit: 4/4/2003 2:51:28 PM PST]

skipd class

found cache on accident

took pokemon card and keychain

urinated in the box

had a lot of fun

April 4 by SatansSengrein (0 found)

why is Cache Find removing this chache???

Sorry, but my side is aching too!

Where you all at? violent-smiley-081.gif

I'm thinking a bouncing betty that is designed to go off only in the presence of individuals that are peaking on acid! You could at least convince them this would happen all the while they would spend the next hour or so debating the validity of it as they run through the woods in an LSD induced panic attack; thinking they are surrounded by secret agents.