How many Travel Bugs have goal sheets?(Finders)

welch

Alternate to this poll:

http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3000917383&m=9630922535

This poll is for those who have found Travel bugs(not their own).

the question:

Out of the TB's you have found, how many had goal and/or ID sheets attached*? (other than the "offical" tag)

*- attached can be in, on, with, or in the same holder/package or travel container, if one was used.

I also went with few--I don't remember the exact count. Ok, it might be zero. I can't remember finding any with a goal sheet. In some cases, the person that left the TB in the cache mentioned its goal (or some variation) in the cache log book. Fortunately, I usually have some idea about the goal when I find the TB since I usually see them on the page before going (not today, though--I didn't remember there was a TB in the cache.) It would be nice to have something that tells you what your goal is for the TB (and I have a TB I recently released without a description attached.)

I've found ten travel bugs, only two of which had info. attached. One had his own logbook and seemed to be moving towards his goal. The other one that had instructions, I dropped off on 7/16, it was picked up 7/27 by a first-time geocacher, and has not been heard from since.

An instruction sheet can help, but there's still no way to overcome idiocy/rudeness.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames.

Only one of three bugs I've moved has had a sheet... and it's been the only one of about six bugs that I've come across that has had one.

I think the discrepency between the two "bug" polls is indicative of the difference between cachers who participate in the forums, and cachers that don't.

Jamie

One had apparently started out without one and the bug's page was printed out and put with the bug in a baggie by one of it's finders. Kinda cool since it had a pretty specific goal.

We just returned from vacation over a 1,000 miles from home. I printed out cache pages and researched any bugs associated with caches we might search prior to leaving. Of course bugs turned up that weren't listed when I printed the pages. None had goals attached and we left all (4 or 5, I don't exactly remember).

I did look up the bugs later and found out that some had very specific goals. One wanted to stay on states bordering the Gulf of Mexico. Good thing we left that one behind! Another wanted to get home to NW Indiana. We live in NE Indiana. Sure could have helped that one along...

I love finding, as well as owning, travel bugs. I like the idea of goals and make a point to only pick up ones I can help or those without specific goals. I wish more people would put goals with the bugs. It'd make things easier for the finders and probably cut down (not eliminate) bugs moving away from their goals.

GeoMedic - team leader of GeoStars

I found 15 so far and less than half had any kind of note. I've decided that from now on, when I find one I will not remove them from the cache. I'll copy down the number and make a log, but after I ditch the one I have now, I won't move them any more.

Although I've never had a problem moving them, and understand the process, I'm seeing way too many posts about bug owners getting bent out of shape because a finder doesn't follow the goals. Get a life! It's not a living being, and if you are so attached to it, don't put it in a cache in the first place. If you put one in a cache without any note, then don't be suprised if it doesn't end up when and where you wanted it to.

I see the travel bug as a fun find, kind of a bonus item found in a cache that is for the finder to enjoy for a while before placing it in another cache. I could see how it could stop being fun when the original owner is afraid to let it go.

I've found 22 and nearly all have no info. I've had to go home nearly every time and find out what they were supposed to do. I was caching one time about 200 miles from home and found a bug. Took it home to find out what to do and found I'd taken it 200 miles west when it was looking to go east.

After my first 2 bugs I started, I learned. I attach a keychain fob to each bug, with its name, goal, and destination. I also post a pic.

SEE example, The fob is the blue thing under the dogtag.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=15106

I seem to lose less bugs now.