I know who the pirates are.

iryshe

quote:
Originally posted by sranddboggny.us:

OK its me, i am the pirate... oh, wait. no no, i am sorry. i am irate.

And you're peeing. That's where you got confused. You're peeing and you're irate.

Me? I like pie, but I also like to rate it. I'm a pie-rater.

Caching without music is like swimming without water.

Pyrite = a mineral

Pi right = 3.14...

Pie rights = the inaleable right to eat dessert

Pirate = a baseball team from Pittsburgh

P irate = what you are when the dog goes in the house

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

I was going to confess to being a pirate, but then I took the test and figured I wouldn't bother. It said:

quote:
Landlubber: What are you doing on a ship in the first place?! You should be in a hovel cowering from the big mean world outside and paying your taxes on time. You would do well to marry, settle down, have lots of kids and eeke out a pitiful existance; preferably near the coast so that the real pirates will have something to pillage when they pull into the harbor. Get out of here, you Nancy-boy! Don't let anyone know what you just scored because they'll all laugh at you.

pokeanim3.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

Ok I admit it I'm the stinking pirate! Now everyone go home. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Ok,Renegade Knight is the pirate!

Jeremy how about you ban/burn/still Knight's peg leg or whatever, lock this thread, and we can all return to actual caching?

quote:
Originally posted by welch:

... Jeremy how about you ban/burn/still Knight's peg leg or whatever, lock this thread, and we can all return to actual caching?

Why not just go read some other threads?

Why stop the fun of others who are right in the middle of a good lynching or witch burning?

Or do you feel compelled and unable to stop frm being drawn back to this message thread?

Be strong, you can break free... (unlike me).

El Diablo wrote:

quote:
I took the test and I'm a Corsair...is that a good pirate or a bad pirate?

I thought that was the poorly designed car that made Ralph Nadar famous? icon_biggrin.gificon_rolleyes.gif

PS Edited posttest-I'm one too! icon_wink.gif

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

I've just begun Neal Stephenson's Quicksilver and he's a tale at the beginning about how pirates are gibbeted in locked iron cages in an intertitdal zone where they will be drowned and then washed regularly by the tides.

The cages in which we gibbet the pirates can become specially-authorized GC virtuals. Pirates love jazz-like riffs on established rules so they should have no problem with this particular variant.

While it'll likely never be as popular as hamster-caching, I'd guess it'll eventually be seen as a fair compromise between GC and the pirates - someday a plaque recognizing it as the Great Treaty of 2003 will be erected.

latvija

On the subject of locking message threads...

If things are otherwise quiet in other threads,

the pirate thread would just restart in some other form...

in a new thread. I'd rather just let that one run its

course and die of natural causes.

There are so many simulateous and locked threads about the

geocache pirate that locking another one isn't going to make

it go away. I figure just let those who want to, have

their fun, and those who don't want to, start threads on

other topices.

I posted one about compasses and headlamps that has been

pretty slow. Eventually people will grow tired of the

pirate subject and drift back on their own.

Locking threads should be reserved only for extreme circumstances.

146103_1500.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by joefrog:

Hey, el Diablo... I've been meaning to speak to you about a staff!

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/pumpkinlights.gif

;)

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

WOODSTER!!!!

El Diablo

Everything you do in life...will impact someone,for better or for worse.

http://www.geo-hikingstick.com

quote:
Originally posted by Snoogans:

As much as I can't stand a witch hunt, http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post?id=11&action=vpost&username=piratecaching&forum= If someone that I know of posted that crap then I want to know. I didn't even know they had a forum. THEY SHOULD BE OUTED OR OUT THEMSELVES NOW!

icon_rolleyes.gifClear as mud was the comment to this....?

Breaktrack keeps tellin me that I'm too high brow some folks. icon_rolleyes.gif

Let me draw you a picture. The words spoken on that thread reflect the over reaction on both sides. It seems that action here has caused reaction there and so on until this melt down. True, or not, the talk on that thread was of destroying geocaching. If someone that we all interact with here is threatening this action, then I want to know who they are. That goes beyond a game to something that may merit legal action.

I think that THIS thread is part of the problem too. It has solved NOTHING but to cause further rampant speculation. How is that good for the sport?

Feelings are getting hurt. Jeremy should post the names, or give the pirates a time period to come foreword and END THIS.

quote:
Originally posted by Kouros:

quote:

As much as I can't stand a witch hunt,

<snip>

Thanks for sharing Snoogans - what an interesting way to prove ones own innocence! I can really understand their point of view on the matter now!

This is a prime example of my point above.

Kouros, draw ME a picture. Why should I have to prove innocence? icon_confused.gif

Snicon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gifpgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Sacred cows make the best hamburger....Mark Twain.

[This message was edited by Snoogans on September 24, 2003 at 04:47 PM.]

Buccaneer here.

Just give the ****ing names already. If you can't because of legalities, there are ways information leaks out. They don't give a **** and neither should we.

I would think that with all of the techno-geeks on here that someone could either crash or hack their system.

Let's stop the complaining and do something about it. I will buy one of those dadgum walking sticks for anyone who breaks theirs over a pirates a$$ and posts a picture.

Shut up and cache!

quote:

icon_rolleyes.gifClear as mud was the comment to this....?

Breaktrack keeps tellin me that I'm too high brow some folks. icon_rolleyes.gif

Let me draw you a picture. The words spoken on that thread reflect the over reaction on both sides. It seems that action here has caused reaction there and so on until this melt down. True, or not, the talk on that thread was of destroying geocaching. If someone that we all interact with here is threatening this action, then I want to know who they are. That goes beyond a game to something that may merit legal action.

I think that THIS thread is part of the problem too. It has solved NOTHING but to cause further rampant speculation. How is that good for the sport?

Feelings are getting hurt. Jeremy should post the names, or give the pirates a time period to come foreword and END THIS.

Like I said before, the Monsters Are Due on Maple Street. Sorry if my obtuseness doesn't make sense to some, but I feel like that's what I'm watching here.

Team Kender - "The Sun is coming up!" "No, the horizon is going down."

quote:
Originally posted by Squealy:

Buccaneer here.

Let's stop the complaining and do something about it. I will buy one of those dadgum walking sticks for anyone who breaks theirs over a pirates a$$ and posts a picture.

Shut up and cache!

I'll donate the staff...however, you will break their a$$ before that "dadgum walking stick" will break! icon_biggrin.gif

El Diablo

Everything you do in life...will impact someone,for better or for worse.

http://www.geo-hikingstick.com

Check the latest log on this cache:http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=72232

September 24 by Coppa2207 (jhpd22) (3 found)

We found the logbook in the ziplock bag under the tree where the cache was. The last entry was on 8/24/2003 by some idiot named "Cache Raider". It said that "I liked the cache so much, I took it" Thanks a lot moron. I took the log book and will return it to the Triangulated Trio.

[view this log on a separate page]

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

The last log in my plundered cache said "what kind of person would do such a thing?" It doesn't sound like he was having all that much fun. A log from another nearby cache that had been plundered by this bozo said "...This was the first time we ever seen this. The kids were disappointed.". Yep, sounds like they had a real blast.

_"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm_

If you replace it.... they will come.

they will come from all over, to pay homage to

the cache that couldnt be killed. you could do it Brian,

you could beat them and put it right back the way it was... only better

instead of being a lame vile, it would be an icon. It would be as big as

Cache #1 I would go, I would move that cache to the top of my list

I want to see the place for myself, hell you could even make it a multi-

and incorprate it with the others that were stolen.

How about it Brian, lets turn this thing around and make something good out of it

Wally

quote:
Originally posted by flask:

she moved to the cape. i think she thought she was going to do well in land deals but it's hard for her to get a tennis court.

her name is bob.

-====)) -))))))))))))

presta schrader

Flask....I think you should put down that flask. icon_razz.gif

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

logo_small.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by scoobydooers:

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

The last log in my plundered cache said "what kind of person would do such a thing?" It doesn't sound like he was having all that much fun. A log from another nearby cache that had been plundered by this bozo said "...This was the first time we ever seen this. The kids were disappointed.". Yep, sounds like they had a real blast.

_"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm_

If you replace it.... they will come.

they will come from all over, to pay homage to

the cache that couldnt be killed. you could do it Brian,

you could beat them and put it right back the way it was... only better

instead of being a lame vile, it would be an icon. It would be as big as

Cache #1 I would go, I would move that cache to the top of my list

I want to see the place for myself, hell you could even make it a multi-

and incorprate it with the others that were stolen.

How about it Brian, lets turn this thing around and make something good out of it

Wally

Why should he be forced to spend more time and money rehiding a cache? It sucks that people can't maintain the level of trust between hider and cacher that this 'game' was built on.

southdeltan

"Man can counterfeit everything except silence". - William Faulkner

Well, I'm going to go out on a limb here and state what I think is obvious. We all knew this sort of thing was a possibility, but we all hoped no one would actually be so immature as to do anything like *pirating* caches. Plunders had already taken place, just not with an organized method, as far as we knew.

I'm now against all pirates. Whether they be *good* pirates, or *bad* pirates, they be pirates! I was in sympathy with some who just wanted to come up with an interesting variation on the game, but it is not a variation, it's now an interuption.

Down with pirating! Down with pirating! Down with pirating!

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Afghanistan was a battle. Iraq was a battle. The war goes on."