I know who the pirates are.

iryshe

I'm not in the private forum so have no idea who the 22 or 23 people that are listed. You know what I don't really care, I will trust people here as much as I trust anyone online, I believe you'll tell me the truth, but I'm not about to give you my ssn#. Believe me or not its your choice, if you think I'll lose sleep over it then you really don't know me.

quote:
Originally posted by Woodsters Outdoors:

LMAO...I was intently going through the list thinking that there were 'prime suspects' of the pirates. Then I realized I kep seeing "Primes Suspect's" name...geez!

My little joke on the pyramid scheme letters. They always set up numerous aliases so they can put themselves on the list multiple times.

3608_2800.gif

"Don't mess with a geocacher. We know all the best places to hide a body."

Here's a question. This thread has exploded to 7 pages inside less than half a day. Where do you people find time to geocache? You do remember geocaching, don't you? It's that hobby you used to do OUTSIDE and AWAY FROM YOUR COMPUTERS.

Just curious.

Caching without music is like swimming without water.

I read 2 pages and jumped to the last. I couldn't keep reading the same stuff. We've turned into a lynch mob. Now I see how nice people can get caught up in vigilante justice and hanging a person before the judge shows up.

Frankly, while piracy is bad, the reaction has gone beyond the pale. It's over the top.

Alan

I usually just get out on the weekends, you know work and all kind of puts a damper on going tromping through the woods looking for a cache. I did manage to do one at lunch one time, but that is the exception rather then the rule. So durning the week while I cannot cache I get to answer questions like yours in the forum. Which is not a bad thing at least I am thinking of caching even if I'm not out doing it lol

Quote from the pirate site message board:

quote:
Subject: ARRR!!! They says they knows who all the pirates are.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets call him on his bluff, I say BAN us right now if ye knows who we are.Don't chat about just do it.

Then there is this a couple responses later:

quote:
Seems they be pointin the finger in all the wrong ways. There'd be a number of bad calls already. There's goin te be some hurt people and all 'cause they don't be gettin their facts straight.

Is a pirate in the private topic here?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never been lost. Been awful confused for a few days, but never lost!

N61.12.041 W149.43.734

I went to the pirate boards and they are very lame. Do not belive anything you read there as they just seem to try and stir up problems here. Lets just deal with this as a community and forget the other website posts.

And yes even though I disagree with some of you, I still think of us as a community that has the same general interests.

quote:
Originally posted by Woodsters Outdoors:

I think a lot of the people play online while at work, shhhhh....it's a secret...then there are some of us stuck at home with a small child...and then if that wasn't the case I would be working....man...I'm doomed...lol

Since I go back to work tomorrow, I should have more time to be on the forums icon_wink.gif

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Took sun from sky, left world in eternal darkness bandbass.gif

Jeez Louise! It felt like I would never get to the end of this one! 7 Pages and it took me 70 minutes or more (ok ok Im a slow reader)!

I am glad to hear that Jeremy and staff are doing all they can, its not like they don't have enough to do as it is. I for one would like to know who this person is, at least the one in my local area but I don't want to see people slinging mud at each other and making accusations over it though.

If we never learn who it is, I would still be happy if this person would just grow up and fade away. Why plunder when you can plant your own? Hell, give it a pirate theme if you like them so much, just leave ours alone!

Kar of TS!

No RK, I won't let you take the fall for me. I'm the pirate! I just haven't pirated any caches in my home state. I make regular trips to Arizona and New Jersey from here.

Darn, just checked my logs, that story won't hold up. I've logged all my finds and not founds accurately. I couldn't have been in those areas when the pirating happened. It must be RK then! He did it!

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Took sun from sky, left world in eternal darkness bandbass.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy (Admin):

I now know who the pirates are,

Sure, they may continue their obnoxious attempt to take this sport to a place most people find abhorrent,

At this point I hope that they will stop. Otherwise I'll start outing the pirates.

smile.gif Jeremy Irish

Well, they're going to be at Wrigley Field in Chicago this weekend. Most people (Sox fans excluded) think it's a very nice place. If you could do something debilitating to the Pirates' balls, it would be appreciated by all Cubs fans. They might even pull some strings and move Boeing back to Seattle. Sounds like a good deal to me. icon_biggrin.gif

WOW..... The emotions shown here are incredible. I bet these "pirates" who ever they are, are laughing their tails off. You guys are sure giving them lots of encouragement. There's a basic attitude here I find interesting and a bit unrealistic.

BASIC REALITY---One a container is hidden in a public place and left for others to find it belongs to the finder. The finder can do with it as he/she pleases. YOU DON'T OWN IT ANYMORE. Yes, it would be nice if everybody played by your expectations, but they don't always. Organized or not organized that's the reality.

Now there's a choice or two when something like this happens. Choice 1... Make a big fuss and encourage these guys to keep it up.

Choice 2.... Get Real, and as the Eagles song says "Get Over It". If you don't make a fuss they'll get bored real quick.

Byron

We found a TB in the ‘Beyond Beggar’s Tick’ cache that had not been logged into that cache. While doing some research to find out where it came from and to recapture its lost mileage, we found that it came from a cache North of Seattle that had been raided by a ‘Pirate’. The individual considers himself to be a ‘Cache Pirate’ and is part of a group who’s purpose in life is to add a defiant cause to this sport. Info about them can be found on their website, www.piratecaching.com . So now, we not only have ordinary vandals plundering caches and &%#@*& Geocachers stealing TBs, we have these guys raiding caches as their purpose in life. God help us! No doubt this is a primary reason why so many TBs (including ours) have gone missing for months at a time. Shame on you!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Byron & Anne:

BASIC REALITY---One a container is hidden in a public place and left for others to find it belongs to the finder. The finder can do with it as he/she pleases. YOU DON'T OWN IT ANYMORE.

BASIC REALITY: This is not how the vast majority of Geocachers see it. And thank goodness, for if this were the “reality” for even a small percentage of Geocachers, the game would never have worked.

I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me. geol4.JPG

quote:
Originally posted by Byron & Anne:

The finder can do with it as he/she pleases. YOU DON'T OWN IT ANYMORE.

Really? Where do you park your car during the day? I'm going to pirate it - all in the spirit of fun, of course. I'm sure you won't mind.

What makes you think that I don't own the caches I've placed? My name and e-mail address are on them; I maintain them; I retrieve them if they need to be archived. Just because they're on public property and the public is encouraged to visit does not mean that the public owns them.

Why not go load your favorite statue into a truck and install it on your lawn? If it was left out in public, it must be OK for you to take, right?

Sheesh.

--

Pehmva!

Random quote:

sigimage.php

Gerat job Jeremy, thanks.

I agree with BrianSnat, that they can make up a new game if they want, but shouldn't play with other people's balls, (I hear pirates do a lot of that sort of thing) smile.gif

If trees could scream, would we still cut them down?

Well, maybe if they screamed all the time, for no reason.

Click here for my Geocaching pictures and Here (newest)

quote:
Originally posted by Cruzin!:

Really? Where do you park your car during the day? I'm going to pirate it - all in the spirit of fun, of course. I'm sure you won't mind.

icon_smile.gif

/me slaps hand. BAD HYDRA! BAD HYDRA!

-=Jerry A. Goodson=- W5BFF aka hydrashok407 smile.gif KoolAid Drinker smile.gif

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Real peace is not just the absence of conflict, it's the presence of justice" - http://www.hydrashok.com

quote:
Originally posted by Snoogans:

As much as I can't stand a witch hunt, http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post?id=11&action=vpost&username=piratecaching&forum= If someone that I know of posted that crap then I want to know. I didn't even know they had a forum. THEY SHOULD BE OUTED OR OUT THEMSELVES NOW!

Snoogans,

I just read the thread you cited, and I have a question. How does one become *unleased*? (Per C*pt. Bl**dfist's quote)

S-4-C

When you park a car, pitch a tent, put up a treestand, tie up your horse, or place a monument, etc. it is still your property after you walk away from it, even if it is on public land.

I can park my car on public property, give keys to several friends, allow then to use it, tell them how I expect it to be used and what is not acceptable, and it doesn't give anyone permission to take my car and do whatever he wants with it.

And if someone I gave permission to use it abuses and damages it, I can expect him to pay for the repairs, and I can take him to small claims court and win if I have to in order to cover the cost of repairs.

And if someone else uses the car without my permission, or vandalizes it, I can have him arrested.

A cache is no different. There is an owner, and he has given permission for it to be used in a certain manner. If someone abuses it, he can go to the police station and file a report of vandalism.

There are guidelines posted on this website, and in addition, each cache has a website which describes any additional stipulations.

The caches are placed there to be enjoyed by people who get the information from the cache website, and they are expected to follow the guidelines.

There is also a certain amount of courtesy and common sense to be expected, and that would fall under the portion of law referred to as "Tort". It is reasonable to expect others not to move the cache containers without permission, to take and leave items of approximately equal value, and to leave the cache in as close to exactly the same condition as it was found as possible.

Unfortunately, some parents don't teach their kids about courtesy.

quote:
Originally posted by Jolly B Good:

What if we suspect we may be a Pirate but we're not sure?

I woke up with cache-blood on my hands this morning and have no memory of what I did last night. The batteries on my GPSr was mysteriously drained of power.

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

"Never declare war on a man who buys his ink by the gallon."

Here ya go Jolly, hope this helps:

What Kind of Pirate Am I?

Pfft, noone caught my Twilight Zone reference earlier.

Team Kender - "The Sun is coming up!" "No, the horizon is going down."

quote:
Originally posted by Team Kender:

What Kind of Pirate Am I?

I took the quiz, it seemed accurate enough:

quote:
Corsair

(Piraticalis Partyheartiest)

One step down from the classic Swashbuckler (which you couldve gotten had you been less selfish), you love the life you lead! Rum, wenches and song! You're showy in combat, using a flair in fighting few others would dare, unless of course there's the chance you might slip and make a fool of yourself. Still, you generally have the best time no matter what you do; whether fighting or carousing. Your shipmates know they can probably count on you when things get tough. You know you will always be by their sides through thick and thin (well, thick anyway.) You would probably be best friends with Porthos of the Musketeers. Neither of you would remember what you had done

quote:
Seems they be pointin the finger in all the wrong ways. There'd be a number of bad calls already. There's goin te be some hurt people and all 'cause they don't be gettin their facts straight.

Heh. Should you believe some grown adults whose version of fun is playing with toy boats in the bathtub? Psh Psh! Arr. Give me a break.

I knew RK knew about one of the pirates, but I didn't know he was one. That certainly came as a shock.

smile.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location™

quote:
Ok I admit it I'm the stinking pirate! Now everyone go home. Nothing to see here. Move along.

COPY CAT!! I'm the pirate and you know it!!! I travel form Southern Illinois to AZ, BC and NJ (those are the pirating territories I've been asigned to) in order to plunder caches!! I'M OUT!!! I'M OUT!!! HAHAHAHAHAHH!!!! I mean, Harr, Harr, Harr!!! Oh, this feels great!! RK is only trying to cover for me!!

We now return you to your regular scheduled programming.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Scoobie

A day without sunshine is like.....NIGHT!

quote:
I travel form Southern Illinois to AZ, BC and NJ (those are the pirating territories I've been asigned to) in order to plunder caches!!

Lucky you, I was assigned Antarctica. Not a lot of caches to plunder there, and it's freakin' cold!

Jeremy, please see my e-mail (TR #43892)

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

[This message was edited by BrianSnat on September 24, 2003 at 08:47 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Snoogans:

As much as I can't stand a witch hunt,

<snip>

Thanks for sharing Snoogans - what an interesting way to prove ones own innocence! I can really understand their point of view on the matter now!

------

"There's Sparticus. That's him, over there."