How many caches in one day?

I can't imagine getting 30 in one day. This past Monday, I managed to get 9 in one day which beat my previous record by 3. The best streak I have ever heard of is 82 finds in 4 days. icon_eek.gif I've never gotten anywhere near that. I bet someone in Utah could do it though.

rdw

I can't imagine getting 30 in one day. This past Monday, I managed to get 9 in one day which beat my previous record by 3. The best streak I have ever heard of is 82 finds in 4 days. icon_eek.gif I've never gotten anywhere near that. I bet someone in Utah could do it though.

rdw

Shouldn't this be:

30 +

21 - 29

16 - 20

10 - 15

Less than 10

Otherwise I could select 15-20 or 20-30 if I had found 20.

Anyway, my personal record is 15 and I was hoofing it. I have done multiple 8, 9 and 10 days though. I guess the caches are spread a little thinner around here as compared to some areas.

I found 11 in one day. After that day I felt so burned out that I have not gone after one since. Also, I need to mention that finishing up my thesis my be hindering my new cache progress as well. Quality over quantity is the best bet IMHO.

The most I've ever done in one calendar day is 14. I grabbed 3 the prior evening, so my 24 hour high would be 17.

My next highest was 12. I've had several 8's.

Each of these days also included a 100+ mile drive, each way. I've yet to spend a night on the road for the purpose of geocaching... but believe that'll be coming soon.

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines!

I felt weird hunting three caches in one day.

It seemed like the experience per cache was somehow less significant.

I tend to hunt one at a time, like savoring a rare treat versus an all-you-can-eat buffet.

Nothing wrong with finding 100 caches in a day if that's what floats your boat.

Admittedly, if I were in SLC for the weekend I might hunt a couple dozen since I wouldn't have a chance to do so later.

Last month I did 7 caches in one day. On the followoing Saturday I logged 8. Not likely to repeat that soon since I've depleted most of the local caches sights but it was a blast. (One of the caches was Al Capone's grave).

What I did was to load all the local caches into my GPSV. Then I use autorouting to direct me to the nearest cache. Once there I've logged that cache I check for the "Nearest Cache" stored in my GPSV and then autoroute a course to it. I've found I can average one cache every 60 to 80 minutes this way by leap frogging from one 'nearest cache' to the next. Pretty easy in the Chicago area since there are so many caches and so many local forest reserves.

<>

I'm planning on doing this next month. I have to attend a convention on the east coast and I'm acutally taking a few days of vacation so I can drive. The plan is to pick a dozen or so caches along the route there (in several states) and hit them on the way there or back. I'm really looking forward to it.

I have done the double digits thing 4-5 times. 12 is my high.

While it does tend to cheapen the experience of each cache, my opinion is that if the caches are easy enough that you can do more than one or two of them in a day, they were probably pretty "cheap" to begin with. No offense.

I have found that logging a whole schmear of caches in one day makes for a TOTAL experience that is quite satisfactory, regardless of how insignificant it might make each cache seem.

Actually, I seldom go out after ONE cache, unless it is clear that it is going to take all day. Even then, I will always look for caches to pick up along the way. When you have to find time to cache, it only makes sense to visit as many as you can while you have the chance. Caches come and go, and you are never sure how soon you will be back to an area. Very seldom do I get near a cache and not make at least an attempt to bag it.

Actually, I think an interesting stat to track would be caches logged in a day, a week, or a month. There are some cachers that will always lead the total numbers, but for those who like the competitive aspect of the sport, it would be fun to go for the single day or single week or month record. Would make for some interesting cache logs too, no doubt.

bunkerdave

6327_1600.gif

quote:
Originally posted by kablooey:

Hmm, I'd be up for a roadtrip to SLC sometime, Cho.

This actually sounds like a neat idea!

Hordes of Bay Area cachers meeting up with hordes of East coast cachers in Salt Lake City to show them how it's done.

Of course if it's just the two of us, the horde will lack that certain je ne sais quois, but worthy of fear nonetheless.

I get to wear the hamster outfit first though.

I'll be passing thru there (SLC) in August/September as I make an annual pilgrimage from Central Illinois out to Gods Country (aka Oregon). I'd only just begun geocaching when I made the trip last year, so I only picked up a couple caches along the way. Now that this is my life, it'll be interesting to see how many states/caches I pick up this year. Of course, with everything I've heard about SLC, I may want to just rush thru the other states, get to SLC and spend a day or two (or 3 or 4 ???) logging caches there. Who knows. Who cares? Three weeks on the road with just myself and Jenni (my Golden Retreiver)... no job... no schedule... playing everything by ear... Gawd! I can't wait!

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines!

quote:
Originally posted by tecmage:

We've only had one day close to BruceS, and we found 21 in 24hrs.

Richard

I have cached with BruceS before, well I just try to keep up. He actually logged 84 caches in a 3 day weekend ! And it was an out of town trip too.

My record is 11.

Barry