archived caches

You can find the admin to mail on the lower left of your cache page at the bottom.

Emal them say why it should be unarchvied and give them a link to your cache so they can see which cache.

Then wait a short while while they catch up on everything else they need to do.

=====================

Wherever you go there you are.

quote:
Originally posted by liz and Brian:

Is there a way to unarchive a cache you archived? We have an archived cache that we archived b/c it has been on hold for more than a month waiting for us to find a new spot for it in the same basic area. I archived it and in the near future would like to unarchive it...

Anyone know?

If it already has logs on it, and you are moving it to a different place (not just 10ft under a better bush) then you should just submit it as a new cache when the time comes.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

As long as we're talking archive/un-archive, let me get your opinions on a problem here.

A local cacher archived a cache over the winter due to some problems. Last week instead of un-archiving it, he re-created it. Same spot, same box, same hints, different name and ID #.

What do I do?!?! It sits there at the top of my list of local caches and MOCKS me! I would go and just post a note, but it would still MOCK me! Maybe I could go find it again and then delete my find off the old archived one, but then that one would MOCK me (sorta).

What would you do?

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

quote:
CYBret: "What would you do."

I've never understood the numbers game. I see nothing wrong if you were to physically go to the cache and write in the logbook, then state on the online log your reason for logging it again. Anyway, technically it is a new cache with a new name, so who is to know or care? If I were the cache owner I would understand your situation.

19973_600.gif

The adventures of Navdog, Justdog, and Otterpup

Good advice from you all, thank you. The REAL problem here is one of desire--this was one of the NASTIEST cache hunts I've been on. Long hike, lots of hills, swampy ground. And that was in DECEMBER! I can't imagine what it's like now that the nettles and mosquitos are out there.

Still...I guess I'll load up on the deet and head out someday...soon...I'll get around to it.

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44