You know you're a Cachin'-Geek if....

jollybgood

Let me put on my Jeff Foxworthy cap....

You know you're a Cachin'-Geek if....

-- Your company offers to fly you to a business meeting in Vegas but you ask if you can drive (so you can hunt for caches along the way).

-- You've ever told your spouse, "Honey, did you know it's exactly 283 feet the the mail box and back?"

-- You've ordered a Happy Meal just so you'll have a 'cache item' to place on your next outing.

-- You've spent time in the Household Aisle at Wall Mart 'testing' the lids on various food containers to determine if they are worthy of being cache containers.

-- You can't drive by a stand of trees without saying to yourself, "OOOOoooooo, that would be a good place for a cache."

-- You can't drive by a stand of trees without thinking, "I wonder if there's a cache back there?"

Any more to add??

(I'm sure someone will point out this thread already exists someplace else. icon_wink.gif

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

I'm too much in the spirit to markwell now....... I'll add though.........

You know you're a Cachin'-Geek if for every car you see on the side of the highway, you think there's probably a cacher off in the woods not too far away. icon_biggrin.gif

worried.gif Children are natural mimics who act like their parents despite every effort to teach them good manners.

A recent one- you not only know how long it takes to mow the yard, but also the distance and speed you did it at.

you forget that Ford also makes a Sport trac

if a police officer has ever taken your word for your speed when writing a ticket, after he asked "do you know how fast you were going?" and you went to the trip computer and told him. Embarrassing to explain why you were going 15.4MPH over the posted to the judge.

if you can name all the contents of your backpack, the coordinates of your first cache, where the closest cache is, but forget where you put your car keys or remote.

you wonder what GPSr Santa uses to find his way

you justify caching over church by saying Jesus would have cached if it were around back then.

you put the coordinates for the wedding on the invitations

when in Yellowstone, someone says look at that vista!, and you check if you dropped something.

It's not a sport unless there is something dead in the back of the truck when you get home.

Originally posted by Planet:

Your birth announcement was posted in the geocaching forums.

Now you're gettin' personal! icon_wink.gif

How about . . first snowfall of the season . . visibility is near nothing . . van is loaded down with wife and kids on a snow covered road . . . I'm firing up the GPS to see what kind of reception I can get in these conditions.

btw, eTrex Venture and I was getting 11 ft. accuracy.

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

All of your batteries are Ni-Mh and at least 1800 mah.

You know that Santa has a laptop on his sled, because a handheld GPS won't hold enough waypoints.

Your boss sends you away from home on a business trip and you get excited and start searching for caches with travel bugs you can take with you.

"I can't find the longitude for the North Pole"

quote:
Originally posted by Web-ling:

If you can http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?q=Y&a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3000917383&m=1320972583&p=1 this thread with one that was Markwelled by Markwell.

If you are spending Christmas Eve reading the forums and printing cache pages.

If the clerk at the Army-Navy store greets you with, "Hi, Web-ling. How many ammo cans do you need this week?"

http://www.ntga.nethttp://www.web-ling.com

..............if you spent 4 hours or more searching for 6 caches on Christmas day by yourself. What can I say I was getting bored sitting around my mother inlaws.

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.

quote:
Originally posted by Jolly B Good:

If you've ever muttered the words, "Why yes, officer. I CAN explain why I'm walking in circles the bushes."

lol ... thought I was going to have to do that one today. Was in a small park that normally would have good tree cover, but due to the weather was easily visible from the road. A police car drove by and slowed down while the cop took a good long look. He eventually drove on. Must've decided it was too cold to get out of his cruiser.

-----

Memory is a prism through which yesterday's light is passed.

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

..............if you spent 4 hours or more searching for 6 caches on Christmas day by yourself. What can I say I was getting bored sitting around my mother inlaws.

"...mother inlaws." That's plural, as in more-than-one. You've gotta be one unlucky guy to have more than one mother in-law, and to have them all/both over on X-Mas.

I gotta ask...Are you a poligamist?

quote:
Originally posted by JoeCthulhu:

"...mother inlaws." That's plural, as in more-than-one. You've gotta be one unlucky guy to have more than one mother in-law, and to have them all/both over on X-Mas.

I gotta ask...Are you a poligamist?

icon_confused.gif

'I was at my mother in-law' does not sound right to me. What am I missing?

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

'I was at my mother in-law' does not sound right to me. What am I missing?

I think, "mother-in-law's," the posessive, as you are implicitly referring to her place of residence.

-----

Memory is a prism through which yesterday's light is passed.

Thanks.

As you can tell from any of my posts, grammer and spelling are not my thing.

You're frustratedly attempting to assemble your daughter's Christmas present and your wife tells you, "follow the directions" and you reflexively search around for a cache page printout.

That happened to me. No lie!

Always wear proper caching safety equipment!

60748_1200.jpg