What do you do for a living?

Guest Peter Scholtz

I'm an audio engineer and systems design engineer for Klotz Digital America; we manufacture digital audio consoles and fiber-optic networked routers for the broadcast industry. Also former GSAR (Ground Search & Rescue) Ground Team Leader and communications officer with the Civil Air Patrol.

--

Scott Johnson (ScottJ)

quote:
My paycheck depends on the weather. It's just really hard to build houses in the rain, snow, and the wind. I have to admit though, I have shut down the whole framing crew because the weather was so bad. Then went out and found a couple of caches. LOL

I have been in construction since high school. So thats all I know how to do is build. The only reason I am on the computer now is because my wife introduced me to geocaching I still have alot to learn about computers and need my wifes help often. I do, however, know how to look up caches and log finds.

I also know how to use the forums and gain alot of useful information. I learn something new here at the forums everyday.

I had that to say back in October in another thread. Nothing has changed for me, so I did a simple copy and past. icon_biggrin.gif Maybe one day in the future I will have an inside job, but for now, I will just deal with mother nature and just build on. icon_cool.gif

Duane

Upinyachit

icon_smile.gif

Our feet go where the caches are! feet.gif

Working as a Manufacturing Engineer, I design machines that mass produce product, have them built, assy them, train the operators and watch them produce higher productivity at greater profits and improved quality, ... very gratifying ...... ... my dream job

** The worst suggestion of a life time may be the catalyst to the best idea of the century, don't fail to listen to suggestions.

I annoy the world..

migo_sig_logo.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.

quote:
Originally posted by ScottJ:

I knew we'd get an insurance salesman eventually! icon_smile.gif

Lol, insurance salesman... I think telemarketer would be worse.

fereal, I work for a small computer networking company.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.

Most of you guys are affilliated in computers with your jobs. Isn't there any other geocaching carpenters in here besides me. I would like to read a log one day that says " After building a house all day in the freezing cold, (or the blazing heat) I went and found this really cool cache." I guess for now though there just isn't that many geocaching Carpenters.

I know I'm goofy, I'm just bored as hell waiting for a little warmer weather. icon_biggrin.gif

Duane

Upinyachit

icon_smile.gif

Our feet go where the caches are! feet.gif

quote:
Originally posted by upinyachit:

I know I'm goofy,

I'm glad you said it for us. icon_wink.gif

migo_sig_logo.jpg

"Any Carpenters

Most of you guys are affilliated in computers with your jobs. Isn't there any other geocaching carpenters in here besides me. I would like to read a log one day that says " After building a house all day in the freezing cold, (or the blazing heat) I went and found this really cool cache." I guess for now though there just isn't that many geocaching Carpenters."

Hey, glad to hear there's at least one other carpenter/geocacher. I'm a carpenter working out of local#16 in Springfield Il

heavy equipment operator for the city where i live. i move the earth and dig alot of holes in the ground that i have to fill up!! sounds like the army??!!all from a enclosed climate controlled cab where its never too hot or too cold and never wet and always outside. tuff job ,but somebody has to do it!! also love to geocache,fish and build things when time and $'s permit

Until recently, I worked as a Production Co-Ordinator for RF Communications, a division of Harris Corporation.

Our division builds communications systems for military and law enforcement applications.

I worked in the cell that actually built the boards, using Fuji SMT machines. Funny, I guess you could say I've built GPSr's....Several of the systems have integrated GPS capability.

Harris RFC designed the cell phone tracking technology that was used to try to help locate victims of 9/11. They sent a team down to NYC with equipment to help.

Art

www.yankeetoys.org

www.BudBuilt.com

http://www.ttora-ne.mainpage.net/

Upon thumbing through the threads, I found this one has been rekindled.

For my input, I am a coal miner. I run a Fletcher Roof Ranger II roof bolt machine for Paramont Coal Company of Virginia.

And keep in mind...Coal is not a four letter word. Bring on the environmentalists icon_smile.gif