Decon containers

Remember that these decon containers are not totally waterproof. Anything placed inside should also be in a ziploc. I used teflon tape along the edge to try to create a better seal. It helps, but the box still isn't watertight.

I write "no hazard" across the warning on the lid, but sanding it off is probably a better idea.

No gaskets? Oh fudge... well, I guess I can just cross my fingers and use a plastic baggie to contain anything not water-resistant. Will they keep out moisture even if there isn't a gasket?

Well, I ordered five of them and a "INNOCENT BYSTANDER" T-shirt.

CODENAME: ALPHA OPERATOR

daedalus://govlink/secure/majestic/12.12.12/ops/throne/AO

MAJESTIC-12: THRONE G6 LEVEL AGENT

http://www.planetdeusex.com

I think we killed the site! I get an error:

Please try the following:

* Open the www2.rangersurplus.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.

* Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

HTTP Error 500-13 - Server too busy

Internet Information Services

So far there have been 302 views of this message and if everyone went to the URL that really isn't much. I guess it goes to show that MS software continues to suck.

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

Decon containers are great. I have about 70 of the things and before geocaching came into my life I used them for all kinds of things. I have used one in a multi-stage cache for about 5 months with no problem. I also have had one on a tree branch for about 8 months giving it the "weather test" and so far no water has entered it. For the record neither of these two have the little gasket.

This container is used a lot here in Southern California. I've never encountered one whose contents have ever gotten wet and as far I as could remember, those didn't have gaskets either. It's mostly hidden in a hanging position, so water/rain doesn't trickle into it. Also, its size makes it easier to camouflage --- I've seen it covered with glued-on bark, so that it blended perfectly inside an oak tree's hollowed trunk and also as a large rock, sitting inconspicuously amongst other rocks and bushes. You can also glue magnets to the top or bottom of this container for hiding underneath metal objects for urban caches. Of course, the small size means small trade items and tiny logbooks and pens ( but hey, at least its bigger than an altoids can).