Sad News

For those of you who know about Bec (from team "embi") and were watching GEOrge the CACHE bear or Charlotte the Cache bear I have some very sad news.

Bec finally lost her battle with cancer and passed away peacefully at 8:30pm. Bec will be missed very much. She found a way into many peoples hearts and always cared about others first. Thank you to all who sent well wishes and prayers to both Bec and I.

Rest in peace my beautiful girl.

Rebecca Robbins 24/12/76 - 24/08/02

A tribute

"Before beginning a hunt, it is wise to ask someone what you are looking for before you begin looking for it." Pooh

[This message was edited by embi on August 26, 2002 at 08:04 AM.]

While I've never met Bec or even heard of GEOrge, it would seem that geocaching was a highlight in her life. I imagine her looking down from heaven on some wayward geocachers yelling "hey, it's over there!!!"

I'm sure that it is hard for her loved ones to see her go, but just remember, each of us will follow in this same path and travel to the next life. I'm sure she will be there waiting to greet you!

Peace and Love

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

I looked at your webpage ... beautiful lady ... can't even imagine the grief in loosing a love one and especially that good a friend. Our best and all of our prayers go out to you from North Carolina.

Team Hawk-eye

----------------------------------------------------------------

Co-founder of the "NC/VA GEO-HOG ASSOCIATION"

... when you absolutely have to find it first!

We will include you and her in our prayers. When someone VERY close to me passed this poem helped me. I hope it helps you too.

Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Rage, rage against the dying of the light!

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,

Because their words had forked no lightning they

Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright

Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,

And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight

Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,

Curse me, bless me, now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Michael Lapaglia

I'm sorry to hear about Bec. I really enjoyed being apart of Charlotte the Travel Bug's journey, I just wish she hadn't gotten stuck out at Dragoon East where I left her (well, it wasn't totally my fault that the access to that cache was closed due to fire danger for part of the time....). Sure wish she could have gotten along a bit farther before we lost Bec.

Thanks Bec, for contributing your bit to my journey!

Jim (Team Scotti)

I see his blood upon the rose

And in the stars the glory of his eyes,

His body gleams amid eternal snows,

His tears fall from the skies.

I see his face in every flower;

The thunder and the singing of the birds

Are but his voice—and carven by his power

Rocks are his written words.

All pathways by his feet are worn,

His strong heart stirs the ever-beating sea,

His crown of thorns is twined with every thorn,

His cross is every tree.

May the good Lord be with during these troubled times, she is in our prayers

The "Bushwhacker"

needs_a_shave.gif

Exitus acta probat

>>--->

She looks like a beautiful lady. I don't know what to say other than I am so sorry to hear this. Mark and Bec showed a great kindness to my daughter, who is 'Aussie-nuts'. They sent her an Australian flag (we live in Washington State) and made her dreams come true. She felt like an honorary Aussie due to their kindness even as they were going through tough times. Hannah will be sad to hear this. Our prayers are with you Mark, and Bec.

4497_300.jpg

I don't know what to say that hasn't been said already...

I will however, be watching the bears... They are very cool, as is her webpage... it seems she took a lot of time to put that together...

Whatta shame, she seems like she would be the "nicest person you ever met..."

And for that, I send you virtual flowers...

bouquet.jpg

Celebrate the good is all I can say...

Edit: She made those bears? I hope you can recover that one... I remember seeing that post...

geosig.jpg

Contents Under Pressure...

Mark,

I can't imagine any words that would console you in your time of greif, but at least Bec left this world knowing she was loved. I don't know either of you, but please accept my condolences. Looking at your websites, she seemed she was a very special person and the world is a little worse off with her leaving us.

"Life is a daring adventure, or it is nothing" - Helen Keller

Mark, thanks for letting us know. Bec came into ClayJar's Chat Room regularly, and I got to chat with her last week. We would wait for her to come in because we would get the Aussie location in the "where are we all from" scroll that takes place just about each week. She was so funny, and she even had me going once when she was poking fun at us Americans. The world has lost a very nice person. I am happy to have known her through GC Chat and the GC Chat will miss her very much.

Say a prayer for you both...

Thanks embi, we will miss you.

I support the Georgia Geocachers Association, or the GGA!

Embi you know that I've been thinking about you guys through all of this. I feel like I've gotten to know Bec better through the beautiful things you say about her. We Californian cachers send you our love.

-------------------------------------

Becky Davis

San Jose, CA

Amy rules the Big Brother 3 house, and DruMorgan throws tennis balls at it!

...words can often fail us at times like these. Some words offer comfort and support, when one can come up with them and express them in a thoughtful manner. I've never been good at that, but you do have my sympathies. I did not know Bec or of her suffering. I know am glad to know she went peacefully. May the peace she went with follow you through this and bring you comfort. May her strength support you and her compassion embrace you. May her spirit guide you through you cache quest of life. I am sure she will be missed by many.

Bear & Ting

I thought I was a little off, then I looked at my GPS and discovered I accurate to 12 ft.

Geocachers don't NEED to ask for directions!