Puzzle cache question

suemac

I'm working on a puzzle cache and I'm having problems with the way the cache owner says to figure out the coords.

The question (verbatim) for finding one of the coords is: Gotham City is E + 1 miles from Batcave?

Would you read this as:

distance = E + 1 or E = distance + 1

inquiring minds want to know...

quote:
Originally posted by suemac:

I'm working on a puzzle cache and I'm having problems with the way the cache owner says to figure out the coords.

The question (verbatim) for finding one of the coords is: Gotham City is E + 1 miles from Batcave?

Would you read this as:

distance = E + 1 or E = distance + 1

inquiring minds want to know...

Walking or riding?

Wisdom comes with age... but sometimes age comes alone.

Yeah, I emailed him already, but we don't seem to be communicating :-). I'm trying to figure out without having him tell me directly if I have the right answer to the question...

If the answer I found several places online is correct (14 miles from the batcave to Gotham City) and if he's using the first equation, then the cache is several miles out in the Atlantic. I don't think so! Either my answer is wrong or we're getting the coordinate from the answer in different ways.

I think the first equation is correct, but being a newbie, thought I'd ask to see if I was doing it wrong.

Thanks.