Which came first the Chicken or the egg?

Aronius

CN,

Understand that first days even weeks can be tough on someone. It will all work out.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Not so sure, Somewhat new Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

I plan to store it in my head... This whole thing intrigues me, and I see an oppotunity for some real fun. I just want to know things about the sport. Sorry 'bout the minor obsession...I'm like a kid in a candy store right now...my eyes are like this big right now!!!! icon_eek.gif Thanks for the info.

Farewell Mother Hips....for now.

If you want to know things about the sport spend more time reading the forums intead of posting polls to them. icon_wink.gif You can even do searches to find old info, not currently on the present page.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Well, I had been hunting in the woods one fine day and as I was "tring" to remove myself said woods, I came to realize, I'M LOST! icon_eek.gif

But, with the fine help of my Bro-in-law, our lungs for yelling to eachother, and our two-way radios, I managed to get out before dark. icon_rolleyes.gif

Well, when I was making my way out of the woods and I spoted his shining face (to my relief), he could hear me exclaim!, I'M GETTING A ****ING (I was the Navy) GPS TONIGHT! icon_wink.gif

THEN, I discoverd, GeoCaching.

Archie

(Way Down South)

PS. Hey, "U" (umc), the guy's excited. Give'im a break. icon_smile.gif

Besides, put your pretty wife on the computer, we want to talk with her anyway, not you, "U"! icon_wink.gif

Smitherington,

Did you know that the yellow line at the equator memorial outside of Quito is supposedly wrong? It is apparently a foot or two off according to GPS, but then I suppose you have to ask about the GPS accuracy!?!? There is a virtual cache dedicated to it. I am thinking of going to Ecuador for a Spanish immersion course and just yesterday looked up Ecuador geocaches and found it.

Oh and to be on topic, I bought my GPS to get into geocaching after reading an Omaha World Herald article about it.

pokeanim3.gif

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

If you want to know things about the sport spend more time reading the forums intead of posting polls to them. icon_wink.gif You can even do searches to find old info, not currently on the present page.

ROFLMAO, UMC!!!! Of all people....YOU icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif should give that advice!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Ahem, I do notice the distinction between posting polls and posting icon_razz.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Cholo:

Rooster wasn't in the question. The answer is "the chicken", because eggs can't come.

Ah, but you're assuming that the rooster was properly attentive to the needs of the chicken. That doesn't always happen. As I understand it, the rooster needs to make his cock-a-doodle-doo.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitos?

quote:
Originally posted by Smitherington:

I was going to be in Ecuador so I was going to be at the equator. I bought the GPSr so I could stand on the equator and make a waypoint that indicated 0 degrees n/s. Two years later I discovered geocaching.

Too bad this cache didn't exist when you were in Ecuador!

Always wear proper caching safety equipment!

60748_1200.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

quote:

Rooster wasn't in the question. The answer is "the chicken", because eggs can't come.

Ah, but you're assuming that the rooster was properly attentive to the needs of the chicken. That doesn't always happen. As I understand it, the rooster needs to make his cock-a-doodle-doo.

icon_rolleyes.gif Geesh, do I have to be the one to play Nerd here?? icon_biggrin.gif Eggs were in existance before chickens, since that's how you got baby dinosaurs. And I haven't heard of dinosaurs enjoying fried chicken....

I walk the Maze of Moments, but everywhere I turn to, begins a new beginning, but never finds a finish... -Enya, Anywhere Is

Well if you really want to know which came first, throw away that static view of a modern egg and chicken. Every chicken and egg contain some slight genetic differences. Now, if you turn the clock back multiple generations, both the chicken and the egg will progressively appear different.

Now the hard part: At what point do the great-great-great-grandparents of our so-called modern chicken or egg, look less like a modern chicken and more like some other animal? Same for the egg. Eggs can be rubbery (like some snakes), have spongy-clear exterior casings with the yolk in the middle (as some sharks), or a variety of other structures. As mutations, genetic recombinations, and other natural factors come into play I would be hard pressed to say, "Hey, now that chicken or egg has evolved to where I am satified that here is the generation I can absolutely call a modern ideal chicken...or egg."

So I think if you make that call that a certain generation's egg looks "egg-ish", then fine. And if you make the call that a certain generation's chicken looks "chicken-ish", well, fine too.

Gee, this was fun. icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

"Why did the chicken cross the road? Someone egged it on." icon_rolleyes.gif

David Berne

quote:
Originally posted by tahoeberne:

Well if you really want to know exterior casings with the yolk Gee, this was fun. icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

"Why did the chicken cross the road? Someone egged it on." icon_rolleyes.gif

David Berne

Well, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that you're a poltician and that the chicken crossed the road to get away from your blathering orations. Now tell me who would eat green eggs and ham? A Leper-con you say?....hmmmm

Well, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that you're a poltician and that the chicken crossed the road to get away from your blathering orations.

Well, Cholo, I guess it does take a rocket scientist to figure me out because I am a teacher, not a politician.

In reality, your post reveals that you are just the same as me:

"The different skin colors of all people (except those without pigment) on earth, are just shades of brown."

Now, my genetic differences of chicken or egg are just varying shades of slight changes. So you and I walk the same path here.

I kept this short and sweet in hopes of tailoring it to your mentality.

David Berne

I wanted a GPS back when SA was still active and Geocaching didn't exist. When I finally reached the point in my life where I could afford a GPS, I had heard about Geocaching. I jumped into the sport with a Vista. I still use it more in my car than in the woods. I've recently added a pair of Rino 120s to my collection and have started using them Geocaching.

quote:
Originally posted by geofun:

GOOD QUESTION icon_biggrin.gif

DONT LET THE GEOSNOBS DEGRADE YOU icon_mad.gif. I OWNED MY GPS FIRST . ABOUT 6 MONTHS LATER I READ ABOUT THIS SPORT AND I WAS HOOKED.

NOW I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU?

IF A CHICKEN AND A HALF LAID AN EGG AN A HALF IN A DAY AND A HALF. HOW MANY EGGS WOULD IT LAY IN A WEEK AND A HALF?? icon_confused.gif

lodging3.jpggeol1.jpg

If you do not extend your expectations unto others, you will not be disappointed by the stupid things they do.

Mokita!

quote:
Originally posted by tahoeberne:

I am a teacher.

I kept this short and sweet in hopes of tailoring it to your mentality.

David Berne

No need to get short with me, Mr. Hand. Next question: which one is Bert and which one is Ernie? Afterwards, we can discuss Huey, Dewey, and Louie.