Your fav Theme for an actual cache:

The thread about 'worst themes' caught me off guard. I thought it was going to be about actual themes, but then I realized that would probably **** some cache-owner off and when I read it I was releived to see for the most part it's about hypothetical caches.

Here in MS, we have several themed caches. I don't think I've found many of them - but I know that they're out there. In searching for caches in other states I've even seen series of themed caches (Dalmations 1-101 was one).

When I say 'themed' I mean the theme is not related to the location of the cache. Most of my caches names are related to where I've hidden them - but other hiders, obviously, are more creative.

None of the caches that I have found are non-area themed ones, but I always found this cache interesting (and I hope to find them soon):

Cheap Sunglasses

Please add your favorite THEMED cache (non-area related themes, that is) to this thread.

southdeltan

"Man can counterfeit everything except silence". - William Faulkner

I just placed a theme cache yesterday. The theme of the cache is *Signature Item Exchange*. There are a lot of cachers in MI and my area that are sig item crazy so my hopes are that this theme cache will be a hit.

The idea behind it is to leave sig items and if one shows up that you want/need then you can trade for it.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Caching without a clue....

Those are interesting. I'll have to run through the cache list for MS and post all of the 'themed' caches. I know there is a Charles Bronson Themed cache, a Die Hard Themed Cache, and a Harry Potter themed cache (I think that was in MS).

keep em coming,

sd

Many of our local caches are themed - we have almost 60 in the 100 mile radius, so not exactly cache rich... But fewer cachers who know each other does result in kinder on theme trades - so I really appreciate that.

I have one for old vacation postcards you forgot to send.

One for African items because I'm from there - the trades in that cache have been great.

A foreign coin cache gets some good comments too.

We also have outdoors items in a birding trail (not approved yet)

Anything with a smiley on it.

A toy only cache.

I think a sig item cache should be next in the area - get people to start thinking about that.

who's got the pig?

quote:
Originally posted by Kealia:

I'm going to set up an Elvis themed cache. I was raised on the King and think it would be neat. I don't expect anybody to drop off anything valuable, but little Elvis items would be fun. I have a great FTF item, too.

No "little Elvis" items, please. This is a family activity. icon_razz.gif

quote:
Originally posted by bitbrain:

If you're looking for themed caches, southdeltan, I have two in Mississippi. The themes aren't very creative, but they are out there. One is Yellow, the other is a Coin Exchange cache.

Just head north on I-55 or Hwy 7...

Oh yea - I forgot about those two icon_smile.gif

I'm not really looking - I know there are several more in the state - I was just curious as to what other cool ones are out there. It's been my experience so far that most are area-related caches (the name, etc). I personally prefer this but the Themed ones are interesting.

I need to get up I-55 and hit that pocket of caches near TN icon_smile.gif.

sd