Are Maxi Micros Cool?

I have seen a couple of these sort of caches and plan to put some out myself. As in a micro the contents are just a logbook and pencil but the maxi_micro is a larger container. This way a Travel Bug can be placed in it too. I'm past the trinket stage myself and never take or leave anything. Well almost never. I guess this would be something along the lines of letterboxing. What do you think?

[This message was edited by Lazyboy & Mitey Mite on April 02, 2003 at 08:11 PM.]

I think if it's big enough to hold trade items, you should have some in there. Many of us don't really care about what's in the cache, but there are families that geocache and the kids do care.

Also, most new geocachers like to find stuff to trade.

"You can only protect your liberties in this world, by protecting the other man's freedom. "You can only be free if I am" -Clarence Darrow

Well, As I have worked in Butte Falls, I voted for the water anyway.

Also, Why not ?

I put out containers that are bigger then film cans but smaller the ammo boxes and I consider them full blown caches as they have room for a log book and trade items.

Go for it, as long as you use the small garbage bags and not the 55 gallon size.

logscaler.

We have a waterproof box set up to do something similar on an underwater cache (just haven't placed it yet...). The box is too small to be a traditional and too big to be a micro so it is a 'coin only' cache. It's filled with foreign coins that we bought or were brought back from vacation. The state quarters would be fine as well and I'm sure some lamers will trade for pennies haha. It'll be a sunken treasure of some sort icon_wink.gif

there's been some talk about a new size classification.. bigger than 35mm, but smaller than ammo can. i figure you just put in in the closest available category.

and as for trade, i don't care about taking stuff, but i sure like to see what stuff is in the box. i like to be able to leave something, because i like to honor the cache, and also to leave a little something for others to enjoy.

it doesn't matter if you get to camp at one or at six. dinner is still at six.

Let's just have a new size called "Small" container. I have some tubes that are 2"X 6", that have room for trinkets etc... I don't think you could call them micro's or ammo box's.... So please...new size option SMALL icon_smile.gif

Without your brain, a map is a piece of coloured paper, a compass is a glorified magnet, and a GPS is a waterproof battery case." " FSAR "

We have been placing caches that fit into the small category, which are 1 1/2" x 6" capsules. We just name them as mini-caches, such as our newest one "The Legion Mini-Cache". I always note them as a tradional since they aren't micros. The Small category would be nice though.

The Buzzard's: ZiggyStardust