religious cache

jj5326

found cache today that contained a letter.

it said "this is a church sponsored treasure hunt the real purpose of the cache is to bring people to Christ." it also contained a small religious booklet and the address of a church!! is this appropriate?

this cache has been active since 10/01.

addendum:

to clarify: there was no cache. there was only a sealed envelope you were to take. i contained a letter promoting Christiaity and praising you for finding "the King is Jesus Christ, and the Treasure is YOU!" it finishes "feel free to contact me, and again congratulations on completing the quest"

the booklet promotes Christianity, includes a "spiritual birth cartificate" and informes you that next you; read the bible, pray, worship, promote fellowship, and witness. it finishes "please call, visit, or write to the church listed below"

for the record i consider myself a Christian and liked the idea of a themed cache. i felt however this was propaganda for a church disguised as a cache.

[This message was edited by jj5326 on August 02, 2002 at 08:36 AM.]

[This message was edited by jj5326 on August 02, 2002 at 08:37 AM.]

First is the one above "A King and His Treasure" and second is (was) A place to think

The second was archived for breaking site policy. The first remains.

Let me just say that I am biased as an evangelical Christian. I would much prefer anything (cache or otherwise) that leads people to Jesus Christ,(like the first cache) as opposed to leading people to a specific church (like the second one). As a believer in the diety of Christ, I have unresolvable differences with the theology of the Mormon Church to which the second cache points. That said, I, nor my personal theology, am certainly not the measuring rod against which caches must me measured.

These two would seem to be equivalent. Going past my bias to the first cache over the second, I can point out some differences.

The first cache does clearly (if you can read) mention what the theme is, and anyone offended has more than enough free will to ignore this cache. The second one was les clear and you could get to the cache without any foreknowledge of what to expect.

The first cache is a traditional cache, with an actual container that can be added to with any item of the cachers' choosing. The second was a virtual cache. Read the many threads discussing the merits of these two different types.

The first cache led people to a famous landmark and had clues in the various statues to find the final waypoint. When you got there, no one was the wiser and you could interact with the cache container in private to your liking. The second had a requirement to go into the 'visitors center' to claim it. Has anyone gone into a Mormon visitor center? If you think your spam problems are bad now, watch out.

Well, I digress. If I were to interpret the rules literally, I would lean towards the ruling that these are bot religious caches and both deserve archiving. I cannot entirely divorce myself from my personal bias to keeping the first cache, though. If I may add one thought to close my post... If you look at ANY cache, or ANY post, or ANY statement from a person, you will see that they each are trying to convince you of something. Most likely it is something harmless and that you agree with, so you let it slide. But, when a statement comes up that mentions God, then the rules start coming out. The people that want to be the most tolerant of others are the ones that usually feel that tolerance is not required towards Christians. Public schools have tried to divorce themselves so much from the idea of religion, which to them means Christianity, that they end up promoting not 'no religion' but 'anti religion', specifically secular humanism. This, along with evolution and even science, is as much a religion as any traditional religion.

I think the rules can be interpreted to include themed caches like this that are clearly marked, and give people the choice just like they have the choice to go find locationless, virtual, multi, underwater, too hard, too easy, too close to another cache, placed by someone who has too few finds, placed by someone who has too many posts, or any other cache that someone has complained about in these very boards.

At least that's the way I see it. icon_wink.gif

stealyourcache.jpg "Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out." -Dru Morgan www.theheavenlyhost.com/dru

First is the one above "A King and His Treasure" and second is (was) A place to think

The second was archived for breaking site policy. The first remains.

Let me just say that I am biased as an evangelical Christian. I would much prefer anything (cache or otherwise) that leads people to Jesus Christ,(like the first cache) as opposed to leading people to a specific church (like the second one). As a believer in the diety of Christ, I have unresolvable differences with the theology of the Mormon Church to which the second cache points. That said, I, nor my personal theology, am certainly not the measuring rod against which caches must me measured.

These two would seem to be equivalent. Going past my bias to the first cache over the second, I can point out some differences.

The first cache does clearly (if you can read) mention what the theme is, and anyone offended has more than enough free will to ignore this cache. The second one was les clear and you could get to the cache without any foreknowledge of what to expect.

The first cache is a traditional cache, with an actual container that can be added to with any item of the cachers' choosing. The second was a virtual cache. Read the many threads discussing the merits of these two different types.

The first cache led people to a famous landmark and had clues in the various statues to find the final waypoint. When you got there, no one was the wiser and you could interact with the cache container in private to your liking. The second had a requirement to go into the 'visitors center' to claim it. Has anyone gone into a Mormon visitor center? If you think your spam problems are bad now, watch out.

Well, I digress. If I were to interpret the rules literally, I would lean towards the ruling that these are bot religious caches and both deserve archiving. I cannot entirely divorce myself from my personal bias to keeping the first cache, though. If I may add one thought to close my post... If you look at ANY cache, or ANY post, or ANY statement from a person, you will see that they each are trying to convince you of something. Most likely it is something harmless and that you agree with, so you let it slide. But, when a statement comes up that mentions God, then the rules start coming out. The people that want to be the most tolerant of others are the ones that usually feel that tolerance is not required towards Christians. Public schools have tried to divorce themselves so much from the idea of religion, which to them means Christianity, that they end up promoting not 'no religion' but 'anti religion', specifically secular humanism. This, along with evolution and even science, is as much a religion as any traditional religion.

I think the rules can be interpreted to include themed caches like this that are clearly marked, and give people the choice just like they have the choice to go find locationless, virtual, multi, underwater, too hard, too easy, too close to another cache, placed by someone who has too few finds, placed by someone who has too many posts, or any other cache that someone has complained about in these very boards.

At least that's the way I see it. icon_wink.gif

stealyourcache.jpg "Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out." -Dru Morgan www.theheavenlyhost.com/dru

I am not religious but I am not opposed to a cache having a religious theme (I would like some warning though, as I would for all themed caches). My only concern is that caches not be blatantly used for promotional purposes (commercial/political/religious/social issues). If promotional use were freely allowed, the nature of Geocaching would change dramatically (in my opinion for the worse). I think that Geocaching admin. understands this and hence their guidelines. Some caches will obviously fall in the "gray" area - and I am quite content to let the admin make the calls on these, and I am not too concerned if they err one way or the other.

You may not agree with what I say, but I will defend, to your death, my right to say it!(it's a Joke, OK!)

Yep. I'd hate to archive the one GeoManhattan mentioned until at least the bugs were removed from it.

My explanation as to why is in the archive log. Check it out before the cache owner deletes it and asks me why it was archived.

Jeremy

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

...even I'm just hoping that the discussion stops here, or at least stays on topic.

----------------------------------------------------------

Until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore,

You will not know the terror of being forever lost at sea.

quote:
Let me just say that I am biased as an evangelical Christian. I would much prefer anything (cache or otherwise) that leads people to Jesus Christ,(like the first cache) as opposed to leading people to a specific church (like the second one).

I'll admit my bias up front, too. I have looked into various religions, have *unresolvable differences* with most or all, and am tired of hearing about it. I've listened, made my choice, and would like to be left in peace.

quote:

I think we agree here. I really have no problem with religous caches if they are clearly marked as such. I do hope we are someday given the option to permanently delete caches from our search page that we have no interest in looking for, be it virtual, micro, religous, whatever.

quote:
The first cache is a traditional cache, with an actual container that can be added to with any item of the cachers' choosing.

Maybe you didn't read closely but the first cache clearly states that no items are to be left. I think this disqualifies it as a traditional cache.

quote:
But, when a statement comes up that mentions God, then the rules start coming out. The people that want to be the most tolerant of others are the ones that usually feel that tolerance is not required towards Christians.

This is such a tired argument. Believe it or not, there are some of us that really don't care what others believe. They can worship whatever or whoever they want, pray whenever and wherever they want, just please don't ask me to believe or worship in the same manner or at all. It's not that we haven't heard the message, trust me, that's pretty much impossible! We just chose to believe differently or not at all. I'm not talking about the rabid anti-Christians. Yes, I know they exist. I'm talking about those of us that have listened, then politely said "no thanks".

quote:
Public schools have tried to divorce themselves so much from the idea of religion, which to them means Christianity, that they end up promoting not 'no religion' but 'anti religion', specifically secular humanism. This, along with evolution and even science, is as much a religion as any traditional religion.

Perhaps the problem isn't with the various *religions* but with the very idea of mass public schooling. Can an education really be whittled down to a "one size fits all" mentality? Ahhh, my biases are showing now... icon_wink.gif

quote:

Again I agree. I hope you don't take my arguments as personal attacks. I know some people take religion very seriously and it spills over into other areas of their life. If a person and/or family choses to make a religion themed cache and it was clearly labeled as such, I have no problem with it. In fact, I think themed caches are pretty cool. If I knew in advance of it's nature and it looked like an interesting adventure, I'd hunt it. If an individual's signature item is of a religous nature, no big deal. (I know of one such signature item from an area cacher that I'd love to trade for!) Where I would be bugged would be searching out a cache and discovering after the fact that it was put out by a specific church or even an individual trying to push someone towards a certain religion (any religion). Being tricked into finding a cache filled with religous pamphlets, or a *visitor's center* isn't going to change my mind on the whole religion thing. It's simply annoying.

Obviously, I voted "no".

GeoMedic - team leader of GeoStars

quote:
Let me just say that I am biased as an evangelical Christian. I would much prefer anything (cache or otherwise) that leads people to Jesus Christ,(like the first cache) as opposed to leading people to a specific church (like the second one).

I'll admit my bias up front, too. I have looked into various religions, have *unresolvable differences* with most or all, and am tired of hearing about it. I've listened, made my choice, and would like to be left in peace.

quote:

I think we agree here. I really have no problem with religous caches if they are clearly marked as such. I do hope we are someday given the option to permanently delete caches from our search page that we have no interest in looking for, be it virtual, micro, religous, whatever.

quote:
The first cache is a traditional cache, with an actual container that can be added to with any item of the cachers' choosing.

Maybe you didn't read closely but the first cache clearly states that no items are to be left. I think this disqualifies it as a traditional cache.

quote:
But, when a statement comes up that mentions God, then the rules start coming out. The people that want to be the most tolerant of others are the ones that usually feel that tolerance is not required towards Christians.

This is such a tired argument. Believe it or not, there are some of us that really don't care what others believe. They can worship whatever or whoever they want, pray whenever and wherever they want, just please don't ask me to believe or worship in the same manner or at all. It's not that we haven't heard the message, trust me, that's pretty much impossible! We just chose to believe differently or not at all. I'm not talking about the rabid anti-Christians. Yes, I know they exist. I'm talking about those of us that have listened, then politely said "no thanks".

quote:
Public schools have tried to divorce themselves so much from the idea of religion, which to them means Christianity, that they end up promoting not 'no religion' but 'anti religion', specifically secular humanism. This, along with evolution and even science, is as much a religion as any traditional religion.

Perhaps the problem isn't with the various *religions* but with the very idea of mass public schooling. Can an education really be whittled down to a "one size fits all" mentality? Ahhh, my biases are showing now... icon_wink.gif

quote:

Again I agree. I hope you don't take my arguments as personal attacks. I know some people take religion very seriously and it spills over into other areas of their life. If a person and/or family choses to make a religion themed cache and it was clearly labeled as such, I have no problem with it. In fact, I think themed caches are pretty cool. If I knew in advance of it's nature and it looked like an interesting adventure, I'd hunt it. If an individual's signature item is of a religous nature, no big deal. (I know of one such signature item from an area cacher that I'd love to trade for!) Where I would be bugged would be searching out a cache and discovering after the fact that it was put out by a specific church or even an individual trying to push someone towards a certain religion (any religion). Being tricked into finding a cache filled with religous pamphlets, or a *visitor's center* isn't going to change my mind on the whole religion thing. It's simply annoying.

Obviously, I voted "no".

Is not a cache a cache and a find a find? Why would someone get bent out of shape because of this? Most of us have been to some great caches and some where we wondered why we wasted our time. How many noticed that the cache Geomanhattan referred to has had 60 posts? I think the hunt and the find is a lot more fun and important than what is in the ammo can or plastic box. That just's my opinion. I could be wrong.

Personal attack? Anything but. I appreciate your statements. I even agree with you on a couple of them. I certainly am not sending my children to public school. My reasons might be slightly different than yours, but that is what makes our country great.

Too keep this on topic, as I don't think any topic with the word religion into it should turn into a big useless debate, I am sad that this cache was archived, but, as in my first post, if I were to interpret the rules literally, I would have to agree that this cache was not allowed.

I (Joel) think religious caches are okay if documented clearly as such in the description page. We've visited a sewing themed cache, for example, so we were cool with the results. There are other themed caches.

IMHO, if someone says "Christian" (or Jewish, or Islamic, or Bhuddist, etc.) theme in the description, well, fair-warned. We also would have hated to visit the sewing themed cache without knowing it ahead of time, as the trinket we would have had with us would not have been an appropriate exchange.

-Joel

quote:
Originally posted by GeoStars:

If an individual's signature item is of a religous nature, no big deal. (I know of one such signature item from an area cacher that I'd love to trade for!)

If it's the one I think it is, we now have two: one of the new ones and one of the old ones. Y'all just weren't quick enough on Perelandra. But keep an eye on PPP; if they ever get around to finding it, they'll likely leave one there, and you're the only other team who knows where it is (we don't need any more now that our collection is complete.)

warm.gif

quote:

Where I would be bugged would be searching out a cache and discovering after the fact that it was put out by a specific church or even an individual trying to push someone towards a certain religion (any religion). Being tricked into finding a cache filled with religous pamphlets, or a *visitor's center* isn't going to change my mind on the whole religion thing.

As a Jew, I've long since come to terms with the fact that most people don't share my religious beliefs. Most of the time, that's just fine. Aggressive "outreach" really annoys me though.

. . . sometimes you just gotta say it. I may be about to open a can of worms I wish I had left shut.

To my non-Christian geocaching friends: I am a Christian and would like to address something to other Christian geocachers.

Please forgive any appearance of offense to anyone or misunderstanding regarding what I wish to say. You might even want to skip the rest of this post.

To my Christian Brothers and Sisters: Please do not take this as directed towards any individual, it is motivated by many postings in this forum.

As defined by the administrator, participating in geocaching through Geocaching.com is a secular activity with specific rules and guidelines. Though not a ruler or government per se, Geocaching.com is an authority. I therefore believe we must, as good witnesses, obey the established rules or withdraw from the activity (see Romans 13:1-7).

Furthermore, as a Christian, I am offended when ambush tactics are used to share what we obviously believe is the most important news anyone could ever hear - God loves us, forgives us, and wants to give us Eternal Life. Nevertheless, telling people about God's love for the world is too important to be cloaked in contention and deceit.

Yes, there are many cases where such tactics have seemed to lead people to Christ. I believe, however, from personal experience, observations, and reading the Bible that many more would accept the good news of Salvation, Forgiveness, and Eternal Life if it were not presented as something to fear, something of so little value that it must be presented surreptitiously. Let our lights shine, be cities set on hills. Don't hide your light in an ammo box. Let the world know what we stand for, as good and true witnesses to our faith.

No doubt, there are many who will disagree with what I've said. For those non-Christian members who read this far, please do not consider my message a hypocritical evangelical ambush. That was neither my desire nor intent.

Be Seeing You!

In church one day, the pastor asked how many people had made the decision to become a follower of Christ by reading some tract they found. (no hands) How many by listening to the guy yelling with a bible in his hand on the street? (again, no hands) How many got 'loved into the kingdom' by someone they already had a relationship with? Almost all of the hands went up.

Not only is trying to spread the Gospel in caches against the policy of this site, but also completely ineffective. The only thing this type of activity does is show the world that we think we don't have to play by the rules. That type of behaviour is not appealing to anyone and feeds the idea that there is no value in getting saved.

It is a good policy to keep the caches secular.

I am an agnostic but am a member of a family that includes two strict Catholic parents and a fundamentalist Christian sister. I've learned to respect everyone else's views or else I would not get to eat dinner at family gatherings.

That being said, I voted "no" because of the way in which each of the caches discussed above appears to advocate a particular religion as a theme. I felt uncomfortable just reading their descriptions and prior logs. I would NOT feel that way if there were no "catch" involved with the cache... that is, a physical cache with some religious materials in it (among other things) would not bother me a bit. In fact, if something inspired me, I'd trade for it.

One reason why I do not follow any organized denomination is because of their varying degrees of intolerance of different viewpoints (or, said in the opposite way, that a particular religious doctrine is THE only way to go).

I am, therefore, especially appreciative of the tolerant, balanced viewpoints expressed so well by Dru Morgan and Number 6. They have made this thread just about the best discussion of "the religion issue" that I've seen on this or any other forum. If only everyone else could be that level-headed, the world would be a better place.

"Don't hide your light in an ammo box." That is TOO funny!

I would hunt these gentlemen's caches any day, without reservation or worry about their contents.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

"Daddy, are we there yet? No, .17 to go. Are we there yet? No, .16 to go....."

This is a repeat of my posting about relgious items left in caches, but I think it's appropos here. I don't offer this as a matter of coercive policy, however - I agree with those who say fair warning in the cache details is enough. But maybe food for thought for would-be placers....

As a committed Christian, I can understand the desire to share the Good News big-time.

As a signature piece, anything is probably OK.

I personally would be glad to find a religious item in a cache, BUT (you knew I was going there)

I don't think any item which has its goal to change someone's beliefs (about anything) belongs in a cache. It's just simply a matter of that not being the place for it.

There are lots of places where people can get religious information if they want it. That's not why they geocache. I'm not saying it wouldn't be helpful to some people, but think of this: what if you left a tract with your views, and then a Buddhist did the same, then a Mormon, then an NRA member, then a Ralph Nader supporter, then a pro-Palestinian, then a feminist, then Planned Parenthood, etc. Can you see how that would become tiresome or divisive?

Just my two cents, if everyone doing what I'm doing would be dysfunctional....

Put another way, I think these caches are commercial. Perhaps the product they are selling is really good and people would be really happy if they bought it, but again, there are lots of places people can go to get advertising - for whatever cause.

quote:
Originally posted by Number 6:

Please forgive any appearance of offense to anyone or misunderstanding regarding what I wish to say. _You might even want to skip the rest of this post._

Furthermore, as a Christian, I am offended when ambush tactics are used to share what we obviously believe is the most important news anyone could ever hear - God loves us, forgives us, and wants to give us Eternal Life. Nevertheless, telling people about God's love for the world is too important to be cloaked in contention and deceit.

As human being, I am offended at the single minded droll that many religions spew. I am not going to get into a religious debate here (or on the trail) where you say there is only one way to heaven and I laugh in your face. God, no matter HOW you worship him/her, is loving and rightous being. If you look deep into your religion, you will find that in your trachings he HAS given you eternal life (and it is your choice how you spend it). Now, personally, I believe this to be true. Our spirit is on a journey and even after we die, it continues on it's journey.

Bear

I thought I was a little off, then I looked at my GPS and discovered I accurate to 12 ft.

Geocachers don't NEED to ask for directions!

quote:
Originally posted by Bear & Ting:

I am not going to get into a religious debate here ....

I see .... I guess you just want to try and start one. Hmmm.

You may not agree with what I say, but I will defend, to your death, my right to say it!(it's a Joke, OK!)

quote:
Originally posted by Rigour:

I don't think any item which has its goal to change someone's beliefs (about anything) belongs in a cache.

When it comes to individual items - Isn't everything we put in a cache capable of changing our views or beliefs on something? We still have the right to take something else or nothing at all. I am working on putting together a screensaver / slideshow of apx 100 pictures of seldom seen places in my state to include in my first placed cache. In my mind, that will be capable of changing someone's mind about the area. Maybe I am wrong, but I see little difference.

I am not a religious person. But to me a religious items, a music CD, Matchbox cars, and keychains with company logos are all items that at least I as an American am free to posess. Possibly some of the other countries that play this game with us may not have that right; they should abide by whatever laws thay have. I see no difference between any of these as individual items in a cache.

When it comes to the entire cache like the one described in the start of this topic, my attitude slants a little. Then it becomes the goal of the cache to push something on you, much like any other marketing ploy such as telemarketing or spam mail. Then it effectively has a commercial purpose in my mind.

Never date a girl whose father calls her princess - chances are she beleives it.

[This message was edited by brdad on August 02, 2002 at 08:12 PM.]

went to get the bug from the afore mentioned cache, and it was taken out almost a week earlier the 28 i got there on the 2nd and it still hasnt been logged as a find, not to mention that the taker is taking it, (if they take it back home) to SC about 1k miles?? (havent checked the milage yet) OPPOSITE of its goal (to travel to hawaii which is west). the cache, other than its location and one or 2 items didnt strike as religious in nature, in other words it was mostly the typical cache items. all in all, i wish people would consider the objective of the bug (and if they can meet that objective) before they take it, and LOG THE BUG WHEN YOU TAKE IT!!! if you can get on to get coordinates you can get on to log the stinkin bug. i know this little rant has had nothing to do with religious caches, but it does partain to a particular cache posted here. thank you for allowing me to vent.

quote:
Originally posted by brdad:

When it comes to individual items - Isn't everything we put in a cache capable of changing our views or beliefs on something?

Capable, yes. But I don't disagree with items which are capable of chaging our opinions, I disagree with those which have that as their goal. The difference between primary purpose and secondary effect, I suppose.

quote:

quote:

When it comes to individual items - Isn't everything we put in a cache capable of changing our views or beliefs on something?

Capable, yes. But I don't disagree with items which are capable of chaging our opinions, I disagree with those which have that as their goal. The difference between primary purpose and secondary effect, I suppose.

Agree. Just wanted to add one thing. While I don't hunt these for the goodies, I do make an effort to trade good things, that are likely to be attractive to a lot of people (kids and adults.) This argument is not really about religion, but about the P*ssed off feeling you get after hiking two miles to a cache that is filled with miscellaneous trash (much of it being the religious tract version of trash), and the P*ssed off feeling I get when posters to these forums complain that the caches are full of McToys and other undesirable items.

For the sake of my blood pressure, folks, follow the golden rule when caching. You wouldn't want someone to make you hike two miles in the 100 degree heat to be forced to dig through THEIR religious tracts, so don't do it to others! (That goes for all who think this game is called GEOTRASHING). icon_mad.gif

By appointment to the Court of HRM Queen Mikki I.

quote:

quote:

Agree. Just wanted to add one thing. While I don't hunt these for the goodies, I do make an effort to trade good things, that are likely to be attractive to a lot of people (kids and adults.) This argument is not really about religion, but about the P*ssed off feeling you get after hiking two miles to a cache that is filled with miscellaneous trash (much of it being the religious tract version of trash), and the P*ssed off feeling I get when posters to these forums complain that the caches are full of McToys and other undesirable items.

For the sake of my blood pressure, folks, follow the golden rule when caching. You wouldn't want someone to make you hike two miles in the 100 degree heat to be forced to dig through THEIR religious tracts, so don't do it to others! (That goes for all who think this game is called GEOTRASHING). icon_mad.gif

By appointment to the Court of HRM Queen Mikki I.

quote:
Originally posted by GeoManhattan:

Spiritual Journey

There were a bunch of pamplets and a "bonus cache" that asked us to meet on Sundays at certain times.

http://www.GeoManhattan.com

This one I can go along with. There is a physical, regular cache along with just a simple note to 'join us'. I don't see anything wrong with that. Perhaps that is why that cache is NOT archived, yet the other two are (since there is nothing BUT literature for the cacher to come to the church).

As for Jeremy describing them as 'Commercial', I don't really get that part.

And as for the cacher up above who posted that he, too, was an 'Evangelical' Christian, but wanted to keep that to himself, look up the word 'evangelical'.

I love the Lord, and I love Geocaching. No way will I be ashamed of my faith. In the same way people expect everyone to 'tolerate' various lifestyles, I wish some of those people would also choose to 'tolerate' my relationship with Christ. It's a bugger of a paradox, but I also realize that as evangelicals, we're going to get nowhere without love, patience, and understanding.

---------------

wavey.gif Go! And don't be afraid to get a little wet!

Originally posted by Warm Fuzzies - Fuzzy:

quote:
If it's the one I think it is, we now have two: one of the new ones and one of the old ones. Y'all just weren't quick enough on Perelandra. But keep an eye on PPP; if they ever get around to finding it, they'll likely leave one there, and you're the only other team who knows where it is (we don't need any more now that our collection is complete.)

I still have PPP on my watch list. I usually delete any that we find but I wanted to see how quickly the other teams finished this one up. Guess we were a little too worried about the competition! icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Warm Fuzzies - Fuzzy:

quote:

I still have PPP on my watch list. I usually delete any that we find but I wanted to see how quickly the other teams finished this one up. Guess we were a little too worried about the competition! icon_biggrin.gif